Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Under democratic control, California has a budget surplus of $11 billion.

+2
2seaoat
Wordslinger
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Under republican rule (the Terminator) California cut taxes on the rich and had a $23billion dollar deficit. Markle used California as one of his pro-fascist examples.

Under the current regime -- including a democratically controlled state legislature -- Governor Brown raised taxes on the rich and cut corporate tax evasion methods. $11 billion surplus. Unemployment 4%. Asians and Latinos welcome.

Now look at Louisiana and Kansas -- both run by republican hardcore conservatives who cut taxes on the rich. Economic basketcases.

Markle -- your team sucks. LOL

2seaoat

Trickle down economics with austerity has failed in Europe and every state in America where it has been tried...........call it what it is........stealing of America by the 1%.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Here is an article that backs-up your assertions, Wordslinger:

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-pol-sac-california-pass-budget-20160615-snap-story.html

Jerry Brown has a long history of involvement in California politics. I was a resident of the state during his first terms as Governor. I was a hard-core Republican back then and never voted for him.

Brown will be long remembered for his impacts on the state after he is gone. Most of those impacts were positive.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

No response from Markle or Pkrbum. Crickets. Yet they continue to support trickle-down economic policies none of which has proven successful.

The Republicans screamed that if the democrats raised taxes on the big corporations and the wealthy people, these folks would leave the state.

That turned out to be bullshit. California is now the 6th largest economy in the world.

2seaoat

It has always been bull chit which was sold the last forty years by attaching hate and racism with the 1% to create an unholy alliance of despair for the American middle class. Trump may be decoupling this unholy alliance. People are scratching their heads and going......drop the taxes on the wealthy and corporations? Identity cards for certain religious minorities? WTF.......also Americans are now getting past the climate change propaganda, and seeing with clarity Sandy, TX, West Virgina, and monster tornadoes in the heartland......yet the folks in Kansas and LA still bought into the lies.....they are suffering.....truth will always find a way to climb beyond the BS.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

As far as governors who had the most impact on California goes---Ronald Reagan is not among those.....

2seaoat

My cousins growing up in California in the 60s barely had to pay college tuition at state schools......what followed was an economic boom in California.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

2seaoat wrote:My cousins growing up in California in the 60s barely had to pay college tuition at state schools......what followed was an economic boom in California.

I started out at Bakersfield Junior College, and went there for 5 semesters. My tuition was $25 per semester (in 1972). I later transferred to California State University, Long Beach (CSULB), where I got my bachelor's degree. My tuition at CSULB in 1974 was $85 per semester.

I left the State after I graduated and was commissioned a 2LT in the Marine Corps, and went to Virginia for additional training, and then came down here for flight training. When I got my wings, I transferred back out to the West Coast to fly in a helicopter squadron at MCAS Tustin.

That is when my cheap education started to hit my pocket book. Military pay for state residents is not taxed by the state when you are stationed outside of California; however if you are serving inside California, you must pay state income taxes.

In 1981, I got stationed here to be a flight instructor at NAS Whiting for 3 years, and it dawned on me--If I change my state of residency to Florida, I can forever evade California taxes if I one day return to the West Coast. That is what I did.

In 1984, California pursued me for back taxes owed, and when I showed them my proof of citizenship here, they backed away.

Fast forward to 2013, I am paying California state taxes again as a non-resident, because my late father left us an income-producing asset, which the four of us put into an LLC and share income from. I am taxed on my share of income from the LLC. This year, I finally found an accountant in Pensacola, who can do a CA non-resident tax return accurately. I will be seeing her next year, too!

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger tells us that California has a huge surplus of $11 BILLION.

Gee...that's strange.  Remember Paul Harvey telling us "and now, the rest of the story".

CalPERS Suffers $30.8 Billion Annual Loss

The California Public Employee Retirement System (CalPERS) is about to report the world’s largest public employee pension suffered an actuarial investment loss of $30.8 billion last year.

[...]

CalPERS has notoriously minimized the annual pension contribution for its 3,007 government entities by fantasizing that its superior investments expertise will allow its investments to compound every year without loss for the next three decades at an annual rate of 7.5 percent.

To understand just how inflated CalPERS’ assumed investment return really is, the U.S. Pension Benefit Guarantee Corporation estimate for private sector defined-benefit investment returns is only 4 percent.

http://www.breitbart.com/california/2016/07/13/calpers-suffered-30-8-billion-annual-loss/

This is a common practice of Progressives and Democrats.  In order to have their monetary schemes balance, they see how much money they "need" and then pick an interest rate or income that fills their exagerated dreams.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

If California pension funds are suffering, it has more to do with Wall Street than California.

VectorMan

VectorMan

Ever wonder why so many people are leaving the left coast state?

Bunch of libtards run amok.

Happiness is California in your rearview mirror. sunny

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum