Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Police State in full force in Orlando

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

They just announced that the News media cannot talk to 300 plus law enforcement as to what happen at the scene and how law enforcement responded. I get that officers need time for counseling with this type of event, but From the US attorney for Central Florida to the police chief there seems to be a coordinated effort to stop the public from understanding the slow response to this shooting where there was one shooter and three hundred responding officers. In a democracy when the folks that are running things cover their backs by silencing the media from reporting events fairly to the public so the public can put pressure on those who rule, there is no responsiveness. This idea that 300 officers are on administrative leave and like one officer shooting a perp on the street, this administrative move is clearly been taken to silence the media from investigating. I am appalled with what I have just seen at the news conference. It honestly may be too late for this country as the tail is wagging the dog. No comments on the investigation. How about allowing the press understand when the call came into 911 and how Law Enforcement responded.....this typical heroic blanket over all involved after a tragedy, does not solve the facts that the FBI was told this man was a potential threat, that the Columbine response took over a year to allow the press to report the responders failure and how more kids died as they were outside. The result of open reporting was that school districts across the country made constructive changes in policies, and officers were trained differently in responses to mass shootings, but NEVER were 300 plus officers have been silenced to talking to the media and almost threatened by criminal sanctions to the media for doing the same.....scary times. This tragedy is being politically manipulated for more war, and a timely investigation by the MEDIA and not the police state is critical.

gatorfan

Just out of idle curiosity, who is "they"????

2seaoat

I do not know if I heard this correctly, but it was a two hour period from the first 911 call until the death of the shooter, and the public is blocked from understanding how law enforcement handled this situation. I have never seen an entire police force silenced......all the while presidential candidates are blaming Muslims, Senators are standing up in the senate and telling us we are at "war", and the folks who had been told this man was a threat just silence any discussion with the media........and the worst part......the American people can now be manipulated without the press challenging.......incrementally this country is exchanging liberty for security. We have lost our fricking minds.

2seaoat

They were the US Attorney for Central Florida, the Mayor of Orlando, and the Police chief of Orlando speaking at a news conference as reported by MSNBC.....giving 300 plus officers instruction that they are on administrative leave and cannot talk with the media about what happened until the folks who probably dropped the ball can "investigate" this shooting. I have NEVER seen anything like this in prior shootings. There are usually detailed news reporting on the response of law enforcement and how they took down a shooter.....but here "they" have silenced over 300 officers.....the tail is wagging the dog. Training is an essential component of law enforcement. If you f up, you learn. However, to shut down the news media reporting on this incident is unprecedented, and if the reporting is correct that there was a two hour response.....I think the media should be allowed to do their job.

gatorfan

You were pretty specific with this sentence: "They just announced that the News media cannot talk to 300 plus law enforcement as to what happen at the scene and how law enforcement responded."

I don't know where you get your news but there has been a plethora of information on the response, the timeline, and methods used (and why) and of course the usual massive amount of "analysis" and armchair quarterbacking.

There have also been a large number of totally false reports including the false flag BS artists and other rumor mill idiots.

gatorfan

2seaoat wrote:They were the US Attorney for Central Florida, the Mayor of Orlando, and the Police chief of Orlando speaking at a news conference as reported by MSNBC.....giving 300 plus officers  instruction that they are on administrative leave and cannot talk with the media about what happened until the folks who probably dropped the ball can "investigate" this shooting.   I have NEVER seen anything like this in prior shootings.   There are usually detailed news reporting on the response of law enforcement and how they took down a shooter.....but here "they" have silenced over 300 officers.....the tail is wagging the dog.  Training is an essential component of law enforcement.   If you f up, you learn.  However, to shut down the news media reporting on this incident is unprecedented, and if the reporting is correct that there was a two hour response.....I think the media should be allowed to do their job.

I searched MSNBC but didn't see anything like you are posting. Do you have a link because it doesn't seem like the media is "shut down" one iota from this story.

2seaoat

I searched MSNBC but didn't see anything like you are posting. Do you have a link because it doesn't seem like the media is "shut down" one iota from this story.

I just watched it live 30 minutes ago. The first speaker was the police chief of Orlando, the second speaker was the US attorney for Central Florida, and the third speaker was the Mayor of Orlando, and the fourth speaker was Governor Scott. The first three speakers made it clear that LEO would not be available for interview because there is an active investigation which they ALL participated, and to stop going over to officers houses to interview because they CANNOT speak to the media. I have NEVER heard a police chief shut down the entire media from interviews with the entire response team of over 300 officers. It also shut down questions about the FBI as the US attorney made it clear they would not answer questions. Tyranny begins with these abuses.

2seaoat

Armchair quarterbacks happen in the void of information. It is essential that the news media report the timeline and how leo responded to this slaughter. If two hour response is correct.....this armchair quarterback has a problem if people died because of the delay. I think it is fair for media to talk to many people and report what actually happened because in the void folks like Butchmeup and Trump can spin this into an act of war, when it clearly was a criminal act........a year from now to have the people who may have screwed the response up self investigate is tyranny. We need the media to bring truth to the public.

Sal

Sal

My understanding is that the response from police was very fast.

So fast that the shooter was unable to successfully exit the building, but had to retreat back inside, and that was when the clock started ticking because now police had a hostage situation.

I think an examination of their tactics and strategy is certainly in order, and I have no opinion regarding the media blackout you describe, because I've read and heard nothing about that.

But, criticizing the initial response time of the authorities belies the facts.

dumpcare

Maybe there is a blackout now but Sunday morning and all day Sunday (I watched 5 straight hours) they described pretty much what Sal just said. Routine to put officer's on admin suspension in a shooting incident.

2seaoat

It is routine for those officers who fired their weapons.....IT IS NOT routine to shut down every police officer and FBI member from interviews as to what happened. Again, it is my understanding that from the 911 call to the fatal shot of the shooter it was 2 hours.

The media performs an important role. It cannot do its job if everybody is assumed to have shot weapons at the shooter.

Hallmarkgard

Hell has froze over!!! I am with Mr Oats 100%..... Damn..

2seaoat

Hell has froze over!!! I am with Mr Oats 100%..... Damn..

We have all been in business or political environments where those who can cover their asz do......it is up to the media to inform us fairly as to what happened. You cannot train to improve a bad response, if the response is deep sixed, and the folks who MAY have dropped the ball are doing the investigation.

I knew there would be ice in hell, how else could Tonya skate?

2seaoat

Now we might better understand the blanket wall of silence.......

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/police-admit-officers-orlando-shooting/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum