Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

American's who don't report their suspicious neighbors should be punished so says Trump

+5
gatorfan
Wordslinger
Hospital Bob
RealLindaL
dumpcare
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

dumpcare

Well this probably includes most of us and also our neighbor's reporting us.

Donald Trump on Monday proposed punishing Americans if they don’t turn in their friends and neighbors for behaving suspiciously.

“In San Bernardino, people knew what was going on, they knew exactly, but they used the excuse of racial profiling for not reporting it,” Trump said during a speech in the wake of the Orlando mass shooting.

The presumptive GOP presidential nominee was presumably referring to unverified reports that a woman who lived near the mother of one of the San Bernardino shooters had noticed that the family received “quite a few packages within a short amount of time, and they were doing a lot of work out in the garage.”

A man who claimed to be friends with this neighbor said she did not report the packages and the behavior to authorities because she “didn’t want to do any kind of racial profiling.”

In Trump’s America, however, that woman would face serious consequences. “We need to make sure every single person involved in this plan, including anyone who knew something, but didn’t tell us, is brought to justice,” Trump said in New Hampshire. “These people need to have consequences, big consequences.”

Trump failed to mention that many of the San Bernardino shooters’ neighbors described them as “quiet, religious people who didn’t attract attention or suspicion.”

He also strayed slightly from the prepared remarks posted on his website, which read, “If it can be proven that somebody had information about any attack, and did not give this information to authorities, they must serve prison time.”

Trump’s proposal that Americans be forced to report their neighbors expands on an idea he’s been peddling since last year, when he told a crowd in South Carolina, “People move into a house a block down the road, you know who’s going in. You can see and you report them to the local police. Most likely you’ll be wrong, but that’s OK. That’s the best way. Everybody’s their own cop in a way.”

Those earlier remarks, however, stopped short of proposing that people be punished for not informing on their neighbors — a hallmark of some of the most brutal and deadly regimes in history, including Nazi Germany and Russia under Joseph Stalin.

Trump’s latest proposal was part of a speech during which he repeatedly vilified and attacked Muslims, as well as immigrants more generally.

As he frequently does, Trump conflated “radical Islam” with Islam in general, and warned that “Radical Islam is coming to our shores.”

The Orlando shooter was a U.S. citizen who was born in the United States in 1986, at a time when the United States and Afghanistan were allies in the fight to contain communism.

Nevertheless, Trump said that the correct response to attacks like the one in Orlando is to ban Muslims from visiting or immigrating (Trump regularly confuses these two ideas) to the United States.

He also attacked presumptive Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton, who Trump said “wants to allow radical Islamic terrorists to pour into our country — they enslave women, and murder gays. I don’t want them in our country.”

Trump’s claim about the former secretary of state is patently false. Clinton has proposed allowing some Syrian refugees into the United States through the American refugee screening process, which takes an average of two years to approve resettlement.

Editor’s note: Donald Trump regularly incites political violence and is a serial liar, rampant xenophobe, racist, misogynist and birther who has repeatedly pledged to ban all Muslims — 1.6 billion members of an entire religion — from entering the U.S.

Ok folks you found a way to get rid of the neighbor's you don't like. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

All I have to say is dementia must be setting in, he is way off the chart. Sounds like some whacked out old man.

RealLindaL

ppaca wrote:All I have to say is dementia must be setting in, he is way off the chart. Sounds like some whacked out old man.

I'm afraid that's too kind and gentle an "out" for Trump, ppaca.

I find myself wondering whether or not his wife and children are buying into all this, or do they (even if secretly) have deep misgivings. One can hope.

Say, just wondering: Did you write all the above? It's very good. I kept looking for a source link.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

This whole Trump phenomenon is helping me to finally be able to understand how Adolph Hitler rose to power.  I never understood how he could get the German populace to go along with him.  Now I do.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I have a question.  Would I be guilty of a crime if I say I hope and pray a particular political figure is assassinated?
I'm not saying that,  you understand,  because if it is a crime I don't want to be guilty of a crime and have the Secret Service knocking on my door.
I'm just asking the question. Is it a crime to merely hope and pray for an assassination?

dumpcare

RealLindaL wrote:
ppaca wrote:All I have to say is dementia must be setting in, he is way off the chart. Sounds like some whacked out old man.

I'm afraid that's too kind and gentle an "out" for Trump, ppaca.  

I find myself wondering whether or not his wife and children are buying into all this, or do they (even if secretly) have deep misgivings.  One can hope.

Say, just wondering:  Did you write all the above?  It's very good.  I kept looking for a source link.

Thanks for the compliment but no I am not a good writer, well I wrote a little bit, forgot to copy/paste the link.

dumpcare

Bob wrote:I have a question.  Would I be guilty of a crime if I say I hope and pray a particular political figure is assassinated?
I'm not saying that,  you understand,  because if it is a crime I don't want to be guilty of a crime and have the Secret Service knocking on my door.
I'm just asking the question.  Is it a crime to merely hope and pray for an assassination?

No it's not a crime, keep on hoping and praying.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

ppaca wrote:
Bob wrote:I have a question.  Would I be guilty of a crime if I say I hope and pray a particular political figure is assassinated?
I'm just asking the question.  Is it a crime to merely hope and pray for an assassination?

Yeah Bob, go for it. It's perfectly ok, just ask that Georgia Senator who publicly asked Christians to pray for Obama's death. Reality!

"I think we're called to pray for our country, our leaders -- and yes, even our president," Perdue said at Friday morning's session of the Faith & Freedom Coalition's annual policy conference. "I think we should pray for Barack Obama, but we need to be very specific. We should pray like Psalm 109:8 says: Let his days be few, and let another take his office."

Perdue seemed to be telling a joke -- he started his next sentence with "in all seriousness" -- but Psalm 109 has repeatedly gotten Republicans in trouble during the Obama era. Bumper stickers reading "Pray for Obama: Psalm 109:8" appeared during the first year of his presidency, and from time to time, government officials have apologized or been laid off after citing it.

The problem is in the rest of the Psalm, which is aimed at "the wicked and the deceitful." The verses right after 109:8 delineate a series of curses:

Let his children be fatherless, and his wife a widow.

Let his children be continually vagabonds, and beg: let them seek their bread also out of their desolate places.

Let the extortioner catch all that he hath; and let the strangers spoil his labour.

Let there be none to extend mercy unto him: neither let there be any to favor his fatherless children.

After Perdue's comments circulated on social media, the office of Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) condemned them."
Washington Post

If Perdue can do it Bob, so can you!

gatorfan

I'm sick of reading about the Trumnpet, wouldn't it be much better to only print anything he says that's the truth or even makes sense? That way we wouldn't have to read anything about him.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Wordslinger wrote:
ppaca wrote:

Yeah Bob, go for it.  It's perfectly ok, just ask that Georgia Senator who publicly asked Christians to pray for Obama's death.  Reality!

"I think we're called to pray for our country, our leaders -- and yes, even our president," Perdue said at Friday morning's session of the Faith & Freedom Coalition's annual policy conference. "I think we should pray for Barack Obama, but we need to be very specific. We should pray like Psalm 109:8 says: Let his days be few, and let another take his office."

Perdue seemed to be telling a joke -- he started his next sentence with "in all seriousness" -- but Psalm 109 has repeatedly gotten Republicans in trouble during the Obama era. Bumper stickers reading "Pray for Obama: Psalm 109:8" appeared during the first year of his presidency, and from time to time, government officials have apologized or been laid off after citing it.

The problem is in the rest of the Psalm, which is aimed at "the wicked and the deceitful." The verses right after 109:8 delineate a series of curses:

Let his children be fatherless, and his wife a widow.

Let his children be continually vagabonds, and beg: let them seek their bread also out of their desolate places.

Let the extortioner catch all that he hath; and let the strangers spoil his labour.

Let there be none to extend mercy unto him: neither let there be any to favor his fatherless children.

After Perdue's comments circulated on social media, the office of Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) condemned them."
Washington Post

If Perdue can do it Bob, so can you!

In that case,  I'm hoping and praying that someone will assassinate this piece of shit Trump.  
And I want to make very clear that I personally would NEVER have anything to do with assassinating him because I wouldn't ever want to go to jail.
I've been there and done that and never want to go back.
I just WISH and PRAY someone else will assassinate him.

dumpcare

Has your neighbor turned you in yet Bob? All that suspicious activity in your back yard? You better be looking at that old man on your left side, saw him standing in his front yard the other day in a daze. lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Lol

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Bob wrote:This whole Trump phenomenon is helping me to finally be able to understand how Adolph Hitler rose to power.  I never understood how he could get the German populace to go along with him.  Now I do.

American's who don't report their suspicious neighbors should be punished so says Trump 8vFT70Q

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Another similarity.  They both have strange hair.  Maybe that does something to one's brain.

Has anybody seen Hitler's hands. Are they small like Trumps?

RealLindaL

Bob wrote:Another similarity.  They both have strange hair.  Maybe that does something to one's brain.

Has anybody seen Hitler's hands.  Are they small like Trumps?

LOL. I don't know, Bob, but in all seriousness I totally concur with your statement about your now understanding, when you never did before, how Hitler could have come to power. I've had the same thought many times in recent weeks.

RealLindaL wrote:
Bob wrote:Another similarity.  They both have strange hair.  Maybe that does something to one's brain.

LOL. I don't know, Bob, but in all seriousness I totally concur with your statement about your now understanding, when you never did before, how Hitler could have come to power. I've had the same thought many times in recent weeks.

That's funny... your thght coincides with the superpack, dnc, media, and hillary concerted push of that exact message.

You didn't think that you had come to that conclusion independently did you?

Sal

Sal

Yup.

Considering he's a fascist, the comparison is obvious to everyone.

RealLindaL

PkrBum wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:

LOL.  I don't know, Bob, but in all seriousness I totally concur with your statement about your now understanding, when you never did before, how Hitler could have come to power.   I've had the same thought many times in recent weeks.

That's funny... your thght coincides with the superpack, dnc, media, and hillary concerted push of that exact message.

\

Of course not - Bob thought of it first. LOL

But seriously, I hadn't really paid that much attention to the Hitlerisms -- people are always comparing those they don't like to Hitler (even Obama gets that one thrown at him, such as when he pens an executive order, no matter how many Republican presidents have done the same or similar).

But somehow in recent days/weeks -- partially because of Trump's continued Hitleresque demeanor, and perhaps partially because I've been immersed in a couple of books about WWII and Hitler -- I've started to understand what happened in Germany much more than I ever did. That's my own epiphany (and Bob's, I guess), but of course I realize the comparison's been drawn by others for quite some time. Yes, Trump is Hitler, some say, and Hillary is a crook, he and others say. Take your pick.

But this was about my own realization about WWII Germany, which had always completely baffled me. I think I get it now, at least more fully than I ever did.

2seaoat

Nobody really wants to face the truth. None of this is about Donald Trump. He is our creation. If as a society we questioned the number of police in our city and their budget, called our rep in congress and asked why we have such large military budgets and waste money on military shows, or simply speak up when somebody is telling a Homosexual joke or racist joke, then maybe a person like Donald Trump would not exist. Donald Trump is a backlash to education and intelligence where there is built up resentment in this nation toward the game no longer being rigged as our courts have tried to implement equal protection for all citizens. However, corresponding to this fight for civil rights is changing economies of scale and competitive economic advantages as the world market has hurt those with the least education, as they see people from different cultures, races, and ethnic background achieving success since the legal barriers to the same have been removed. No, this is about angry old white people who are piszed with America and like Bob posting his pictures of old Pensacola to go back to our childhoods when America seemed safe and secure for us who enjoyed white privilege.....no Trump is but a symptom of the disease, and until we directly address the disease it could very well consume this nation. We have been blessed to live in this nation, and it is incumbent on all good Americans to fight the good fight against evil, and that is not necessarily a political campaign for President.

Sal

Sal

Trump is the creation of the Republican party.

They have stoked division and intolerance and anti-intellectualism and anti-government in their base for decades.

They've made promises that they couldn't and had no intention of delivering.

We can't go back to a 1950s ideal that never even existed in the first place.

Trump and his supporters are the GOP's Frankenstein monster, and it has broken free and is prepared to wreck havoc on the country.

People of good conscience need to prepare their pitchforks and torches.

This thing needs to be put to bed and put to bed now.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PkrBum wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:

LOL.  I don't know, Bob, but in all seriousness I totally concur with your statement about your now understanding, when you never did before, how Hitler could have come to power.   I've had the same thought many times in recent weeks.

Of course not...only right-wing fascists can think independently. They think they can slaughter millions and get away with it. So far, they're right.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

My neighbor's dogs go berserk every time I work at the rear of my yard. You think I could get the couple picked up or extradited by telling the FBI a string of smartly composed bullshit? Hmmmm. Trump's idea might be useful after all ...

RealLindaL

Salinsky wrote:Trump is the creation of the Republican party.

They have stoked division and intolerance and anti-intellectualism and anti-government in their base for decades.

They've made promises that they couldn't and had no intention of delivering.

We can't go back to a 1950s ideal that never even existed in the first place.

Trump and his supporters are the GOP's Frankenstein monster, and it has broken free and is prepared to wreck havoc on the country.

People of good conscience need to prepare their pitchforks and torches.

This thing needs to be put to bed and put to bed now.

Hear, hear.   And "thing" is the right term for this particular Frankenstein, who, yes, will surely wreak havoc on the nation if elected.  Those pitchforks and torches are votes, and heaven help us if they're not cast against Trump come November.

RealLindaL

Wordslinger wrote:My neighbor's dogs go berserk every time I work at the rear of my yard.  You think I could get the couple picked up or extradited by telling the FBI a string of smartly composed bullshit?  Hmmmm.  Trump's idea might be useful after all ...

I know -- it's pretty scary.  I'm afraid there may indeed be many, or at least some, attempting to settle scores in that manner.  The worst result of that, of course, will be the diversion of resources needed to pursue the really bad guys (and gals).

Speaking of resources, what's also scary is how basically impossible it is to surveil a person suspected of terrorist leanings.   I heard on the radio this morning from someone in a national security function (forget who) that to keep a 24-hour watch on an individual or location requires 30 people.  It's just not feasible, unless perhaps there's credible intelligence indicating something sinister is imminent.   To have watched the Orlando shooter, for instance, just couldn't be justified, sadly enough. Sad    (Too bad his  blankety-blank wife didn't speak up, and that's an  understatement.)

Be very very scared. Trump will round up the leftists for extermination. It'll be open season on comrades... lol.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

RealLindaL wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:My neighbor's dogs go berserk every time I work at the rear of my yard.  You think I could get the couple picked up or extradited by telling the FBI a string of smartly composed bullshit?  Hmmmm.  Trump's idea might be useful after all ...

I know -- it's pretty scary.  I'm afraid there may indeed be many, or at least some, attempting to settle scores in that manner.  The worst result of that, of course, will be the diversion of resources needed to pursue the really bad guys (and gals).

Speaking of resources, what's also scary is how basically impossible it is to surveil a person suspected of terrorist leanings.   I heard on the radio this morning from someone in a national security function (forget who) that to keep a 24-hour watch on an individual or location requires 30 people.  It's just not feasible, unless perhaps there's credible intelligence indicating something sinister is imminent.   To have watched the Orlando shooter, for instance, just couldn't be justified, sadly enough. Sad    (Too bad his  blankety-blank wife didn't speak up, and that's an  understatement.)

I believe it. Surely the intel folks who scour social media looking for pro-ISIS statements will lead our spy outfits to suspects, some of whom will be arrested and convicted. But believing we can prevent all or even most lone wolf attacks similar to the massacre in Orlando, is a pipe dream. Employing armed military forces to roam venues where large congregations of citizens take place would surely make our soft targets a little harder. More importantly, lone wolf attackers would be quickly engaged and accordingly, fewer victims would result. It's a trade-off, we live with seeing armed officers or military personnel at our busy places, until the threat is over, or we continue to endure the tragic losses that will surely accrue from attacks by terrorists armed with assault rifles, or bombs, or both. Reality.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum