Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wind turbines and oil tanker trains

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

On the way to my grandson's birthday party I saw the most incredible picture. Outside a rural Illinois city near Dekalb Illinois was a two hundred car oil tanker train stopped waiting for a freight train to pass......as I entered the town on the western edge for miles the farm fields were framed with wind turbines spinning in the wind. As I debated if I should stop and take a picture of these brand new tanker cars and these brand new windmills, I came to the conclusion that America and our energy policies are changing rapidly. Illinois Nuclear workers had rallied in Springfield seeking subsidy for their industry, and the next few years the leading state in Nuclear is going to start closing nuclear plants, and in one photo I could have captured the remarkable economics of this change......five buck corn.....huge wind turbines, and brand new oil tankers, and off in the distance the steam from the Byron Nuclear plant.......an amazing photo which I passed on afraid I would be late for the party.....when I came back through......the oil train was gone. Sometimes you just need to stop and take the photo.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum