Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Very interesting article on the final days of the Sanders campaign

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

boards of FL

boards of FL

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/bernie-sanders-campaign-last-days-224041

Sal

Sal

He has consistently failed to live up to his message.

Disappointing.

2seaoat

His message for the last five years on lunch with Bernie has been that progressive issues are compromised while conservatives fight to the bitter end and NEVER give up which causes the entire spectrum of politics to be slanted. He has argued that progressives must be STRIDENT and even unreasonable fighting for progressive issues which President Obama gave lip service, but did not push a progressive agenda. I get his perspective, and I get why he would not give up and act contrary to what he has been saying for years.

However, to the extent that his pushing the progressive agenda gives any advantage to Trump, then Bernie loses credibility. I think through the platform committees the fight must continue, but after that he will be hurting Hillary, and must shut it down and join to defeat evil.

2seaoat

it is also incumbent on Hillary to acknowledge that half of democratic voters had strong feelings on Bernie's issues. She has a duty to emphasize the commonality of their issues, and perhaps bend on some of her platform positions to capture Bernie's issues where the same will not hurt the democratic party and the mission to defeat Trump. It is not all on Bernie.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

OMG...it's still the primaries and some states haven't voted at all. I think Senator Sanders should take it to the Democratic convention...I truly do. He speaks for me, and concession speeches are given after the final result, not before. No, he should not bow out...because "When the going gets tough..." Dammit, I hate this divisive attitude from Democrats. You will not see me bash Hillary Clinton...I keep looking for that inspiration from her, and it's just not getting through...I'm not feeling it. And it's not that I don't appreciate her talents, accomplishments, and womanhood. I think it's more a feeling that she's not speaking TO ME. And that said, she is far and away more qualified for the office of the President than any stinkin' Republican, and most assuredly more qualified than the Drumpf...a thousandfold.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum