Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

U.S. Navy bans booze in Japan

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1U.S. Navy bans booze in Japan Empty U.S. Navy bans booze in Japan 6/6/2016, 5:55 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/06/politics/us-navy-alcohol-ban-japan/index.html

"Effective immediately, sailors are prohibited from drinking alcohol, on and off base. Additionally, all off-base liberty will be curtailed," a statement from the 7th Fleet and U.S. Naval Forces Japan said Monday.

Apparently, too many drunken sailors are getting into trouble in Japan.....

Gee, I wonder if the CG of III MEF will feel pressured to place the same restrictions on the Marines on Okinawa...? Their behavior also has a poor history.

Man, no drinking on-base means Friday-night happy-hour at the O-Club won't be as lively. And with no off-base liberty.....?? That won't last long because too many Japanese businesses will begin to suffer from lost sales. The shops along Gate 2 Street outside Kadena Air Base on Okinawa would immediately wither without the support of good old GI Joe.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Hallmarkgard

What a crazy ass world.....Downtown Mooses sure wont be happy....Might be a god send for Army guys LOL

2seaoat

I have a solution......bring them all home, station them at Pensacola, and then the bad behavior and drinking will help America.

Hallmarkgard

2seaoat wrote:I have a solution......bring them all home, station them at Pensacola, and then the bad behavior and drinking will help America.

We used to be a "Sailor" town. And you are right, there were a lot of rowdy bars and drunk sailors.. Shore Patrol was down town and in the hot areas. Big dudes, you did not want to mess with them. Much better now that we are cultured.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Hallmarkgard wrote:
2seaoat wrote:I have a solution......bring them all home, station them at Pensacola, and then the bad behavior and drinking will help America.

We used to be a "Sailor" town.  And you are right, there were a lot of rowdy bars and drunk sailors..  Shore Patrol was down town and in the hot areas.  Big dudes, you did not want to mess with them.  Much better now that  we are cultured.  

I remember when Trader John's was a titty bar. Went there a few times on liberty with my pals.

Hallmarkgard

LOL It was a "Bodacious " Bar. Trader used live in Edgewater,not far from me. I used to do some Handy man type work for him back when I drank. Remember the big net that hung from the ceiling? I once found a Big Turtle shell on Gulf Beach. I traded it with Trader for 4 cases of Falstaff. Used to be lot of good bars Floridan, South Sea, Horse shoe, the mezzanine. G and A, and many more....I bet Bob could name some people have forgotten...

Hallmarkgard wrote: Used to be lot of good bars  Floridan, South Sea, Horse shoe, the mezzanine. G and A, and many more....I bet Bob could name some people have forgotten...[/b]

We used to frequent Machinegun Kelly's & Spectra. Paid a visit or 2 to the Handlebar.
Nickle  beer night at Phineas Phogs(?) downtown.
They used to have several bottle clubs for after hours drinking. Strangely, I can't remember the names of those place. lol
We lived there in the early 80's.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

When I was earning my wings (Aug-75/Aug-76) we would go to Trader's, or the bar at the Sheraton Inn (now Carlton Palms condos). The Sheraton was always flooded with Iranian flight students on Friday and Saturday nights. They loved engaging in American decadence while they were here.

Hallmarkgard

They used to play "Musical Chairs
at Traders.  It was a blast to watch.  The Navy guys in their Whites hitting the dirty floor and messing up their uniform’s. It usually turned into a  brawl.  High stakes because the Shore Patrol would give them grief when they left.  

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum