Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Time to boycott ALL Nabisco Products!

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Nabisco -- you know the breakfast cereal giant, Oreo cookies, etc. -- is closing it's New Jersey plant to take advantage of $4.00 per day labor in Mexico. Thousands of Americans are losing their jobs so this bloodsucking company can exploit third world laborers.

I emailed them on their corporate website and told them to enjoy Mexico, and from now on I'll never buy another Nabisco product.

You do what you think is right for American workers ....

2seaoat

Sometimes a few committed people can make positive change. I like the idea of a boycott because there are two sides to profit in business. One is cutting your expenses, and the other is increasing your sales. When America did not hold the robber barons accountable, why as an executive would you not move to Mexico......there was zero downside.......the government actually made no effort to tax or deter these detrimental moves, and the American consumer was comatose as their jobs were not taken, but then bingo......their job was gone.....their neighbor......their relatives. If people make the robber barons know that there is a downside, we can actually see Americans working for Americans. I understand that there is a cutthroat economic world out their where tough decisions must be made, but a 10% drop in sales cannot be made up saving pennies in labor costs. My family will not buy Oreos. There was a plant which was withing fifty miles of my office, and they moved most of the production to Mexico.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

2seaoat wrote:Sometimes a few committed people can make positive change.  I like the idea of a boycott because there are two sides to profit in business.  One is cutting your expenses, and the other is increasing your sales.   When America did not hold the robber barons accountable, why as an executive would you not move to Mexico......there was zero downside.......the government actually made no effort to tax or deter these detrimental moves, and the American consumer was comatose as their jobs were not taken, but then bingo......their job was gone.....their neighbor......their relatives.  If people make the robber barons know that there is a downside, we can actually see Americans working for Americans.  I understand that there is a cutthroat economic world out their where tough decisions must be made, but a 10% drop in sales cannot be made up saving pennies in labor costs.  My family will not buy Oreos.   There was a plant which was withing fifty miles of my office, and they moved most of the production to Mexico.

I appreciate your commitment .. I hope everyone on the forum will do their part!

Sal

Sal

These plants may return to the U.S., but the jobs won't.

The wave of the future is automation and robotics.

2seaoat

Most Nabisco products, I can find generic or store brand replacements, but their Triscuits will be tough to give up because I love to gobble them down with wisconsin port cheese.......but I can do the generic which is not close to being as good, but if enough people talk about this folks are going to get this right.

2seaoat wrote:Most Nabisco products, I can find generic or store brand replacements, but their Triscuits will be tough to give up because I love to gobble them down with wisconsin port cheese.......but I can do the generic which is not close to being as good, but if enough people talk about this folks are going to get this right.

Agreed... there's something much better about the nabisco triscuits. The only cracker I usually eat... very good.

Markle

Markle

Curious as always.

Progressives keep demanding higher and higher wages...for no more work.

Then they stomp their little feet when corporations can't live with the regulations, wages and extras pack up and leave.

They have also forgotten that we now live in a world economy.

2seaoat

I just told Dreams that she usually puts her glasses on top of her head when visiting the forum so she can better see the concepts going over her head, and then I see this thread.....put those glasses on top of your head.........the last twenty years the American worker has become the most productive worker, yet where the median income used to reflect sharing the success of productivity, the American worker's wages have not kept up as the game has been rigged by the owners of wealth stealing America......so please do not remove those glasses from the top of your head, and maybe listen for once to actually what is happening in America.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:Curious as always.

Progressives keep demanding higher and higher wages...for no more work.

Then they stomp their little feet when corporations can't live with the regulations, wages and extras pack up and leave.

They have also forgotten that we now live in a world economy.

Sure. And all those former employees at Nabisco New Jersey deserve losing their jobs to Mexicans who will work for $4.00 a day. Is anyone surprised that Markle would leap in to defend raw, hardcore exploitation of American labor by a bloodsucking parasitic former American corporation? Of course not.

Well my friends, there's an easy way to punish these corporate motherfuckers: stop buying their shit. Don't buy anything that bears the NABISCO logo. Go On Strike for American workers!

Fuck Nabisco, and fuck all the American corporations who abandon American workers but want to continue offering their goods to the American market.

As for Triskets lovers ... go to Fresh Market and try any of the delicious alternatives. Do it for America.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

As Mr. Bds has pointed out, it's a myth that America is now losing any more manufacturing jobs than it did in the 1940's and 1950's. So this is much ado about nothing. Besides, as Mr. Bds (or was it Sal) has also pointed out, manufacturing jobs are old hat anyway.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum