Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Somali Pirates Attack Ship at Night, Not Realizing Their Target is a Destroyer

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I guess their boss needs to provide them with night-vision goggles. Dumbasses.

The destroyer has night-vision capability and shoots back. Score 1 for the destroyer.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

It looked like they gave plenty of warning shots... probably too many.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Twisted Evil

RealLindaL

What I want to know is, who was taking the video? I didn't watch it through to the end, if that matters.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

RealLindaL wrote:What I want to know is, who was taking the video?  I didn't watch it through to the end, if that matters.

I wondered the same. The video is from 2014. The end shows one of the pirate boats being peppered with thousands of rounds of machinegun fire. It eventually explodes and pirates, on fire, go jumping into the water. You have to wonder what motivates Somali men to work for the pirates. I would imagine many have no choice. Africa is the last place on this Earth I would ever visit.

I guess the European Union keeps a strong multinational naval force off the horn of Africa. The approaches to the Suez Canal are vital to the EU's commerce. They used to handle the pirates with kid gloves, but now they play hardball with them. They should send the French aircraft carrier to that region and massively bomb the pirate bases and the problem might be solved. It is good to see other countries handling these types of issues. The U.S. military needs a break from policing the world.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

2seaoat

What I want to know is, who was taking the video?

based on the angle, my guess it was a Navy Drone.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum