Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

U.S. air traveler patience with TSA at 'breaking point'

+2
polecat
ZVUGKTUBM
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

U.S. air traveler patience with TSA at 'breaking point'

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/11/aviation/airport-frustration-tsa-passenger-screening-lines/index.html

Part of the problem lies with Congress, which refuses to provide funds for TSA employee-overtime so passengers can be screened faster using more screeners.

The New York Port Authority, which oversees three major airports near NYC, as well as Atlanta, are threatening to drive the TSA off their property and privatize airport screening if Homeland Security does not step up and improve the process, which is causing delays and making passengers miss flights.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

polecat

polecat

The TSA is the biggest con on the American people since the shag carpet rake.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

polecat wrote:The TSA is the biggest con on the American people since the shag carpet rake.

I agree!! It is part of George W. Bush's enduring legacy. BTW, where is he now?

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

polecat wrote:The TSA is the biggest con on the American people since the shag carpet rake.

Amen.

2seaoat

I guess I am in the minority. They do a pretty good job, and Americans are just impatient and not cognizant about how incredibly dangerous the world can be. I actually think they try to do a good job. Now I do not fly anymore, and some might think it is hypocrisy if I am not going to have to wait in those lines, but what we take for granted in this country in regards to safety, convenience, and wealth is enough to sicken me at times.....life is hard. We are incredibly lucky to be alive today and I feel blessed to live in this great country......but then again.....I drive everywhere and no longer fly. I am planning a car trip to Iceland in 2018.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

This might be an option to long lines in some cases...

http://www.clarkhoward.com/thanksgiving-christmas-busiest-day-airport-lines

How to minimize your wait time at the airport

TSA PreCheck is the most prevalent expedited security process available to bypass those long lines at the airport. And if you don't have it, there's still time before Christmas to sign up.

Applicants must visit an enrollment center to complete the process. Access the Department of Homeland Security's website to find the center nearest you, make an appointment, and be sure to bring the required documentation to your screening. After applying, the TSA says it will notify you within two to three weeks of your status.

Over an hour this morning in the TSA line - Atlanta back to VPS.  Pain in the arse.  

And they need to stop the on board luggage.  Chech the damn stuff and stop holding everybody up for your own convenience.  It took all of 5 minutes to retrieve my bag from the luggage carousel.

Air travel is not a luxury.  Just a bus ride in the sky.

The entire dhs is redundant bureaucratic bullshit. The security should be left to the airlines and airports.

Funny. First customer survey I've ever received from an airline. Comment box I told them to stop charging for checked baggage so every brother and their mother will stop bringing it all through TSA and clogging the lines who are too thinly staffed.

Won't do a bit of good but they asked my opinion. Otherwise the airline was superb today.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

My daughter and her husband fly a lot. I worry about the scanners.

RealLindaL

What in the world is the "shag carpet rake"??

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum