Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Damn Pop up crap that only appears on this forum!

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

This is the only site on my entire internet journey that has a takeover pop up about a flash player, or some other crap, and it's got to be something that is not blocked by the server/site.

Look into it, please, Boards.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

boards of FL

boards of FL

I use AdBlock and never see any ads or pop-ups.

https://adblockplus.org/

Unfortunately, I'm not able to control any of the advertising or pop ups on this site since it is a free forum.

RealLindaL

I use AdBlock, too, and this is the only site where I get ads, but that only started in the past couple of months.  What I see is right under the dark gray logo/link box at the top of the page, and it's an ever-changing group of three thumbnail ads across for clothing or other items I've recently looked at online. Hate that.

So Boards, you're not even getting this top-of-page ad row thingie?  I'm wondering why AdBlock is letting it get through for me.

2seaoat

I had to clean my computer with ad tracking crap I get from the forum. It has become so tedious. I honestly believe that fifteen years ago the internet was not this foul place it has become where so much money can be made on ads. I do know my google ad word placements bring in business but they simply are informational on the margins which a consumer can elect to hit the link, but this tricking people, and the thousands of traps make it very unpleasant.

Hallmarkgard

Linux Mint + Ad Blocker plus is a great improvement.. Set up a older computer for using the web for fun......Most of the junk that messes with Windows doesnt bother Linux. Most of the time you can do a dual boot and have Linux and windows on the same computer..

RealLindaL

I do a lot of surfing and, again, this is the ONLY site on which a few ads manage to get past my AdBlock software, so I really can't complain at all.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum