Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

When Popcorn Was Banned at the Movies....

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

2seaoat

We have farm friends who over the last thirty five years we go to their annual August party at their farm. About 50 people who have gone from college kids to now grandparents enjoying farm life. We go to the field and pick our sweet corn, and he used to raise pigs and we would have a pig and sweet corn each year.

Well their fifth grade son decided three years ago to plant some popcorn and start selling it. He has sold every container of popcorn and has increased his acreage five fold this year as he has gotten professional labels and containers. The popcorn is incredible. Instead of old maids you get a semi hard half popped old maid which is better than the popped kernels. I had a popcorn craving the other day when I went and saw Jungle Book, and honestly I almost turned around because I had a misconception of how good the movie was, but because of this kid's popcorn, I think I am addicted to the damn stuff. His mother and dad are letting him do his own thing and at the rate this kid is going he will pay for his college education. I asked him how he liked soccer and baseball when he was in fourth grade and he very seriously looked at me and said.....that interferes with planting season. The just got this incredibly expensive combine, and this kid was harvesting corn like an old pro.......I cannot wait to get my popcorn from him this fall.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum