Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How the TESLA is Made amazing!

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1How the TESLA is Made amazing! Empty How the TESLA is Made amazing! 4/23/2016, 11:21 am

knothead

knothead

https://www.youtube.com/embed/8_lfxPI5ObM?rel=0

This is where our jobs have gone and will continue to go, automation and very very impressive!

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

You are so right, Knothead! The young billionaires (Elon Musk, etc.) of the early 21st Century are leaving an indelible mark on both our futures and history.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

The robots are remarkable, especially the one that can install the car seats and windshield all by itself.

knothead

knothead

Bob wrote:The robots are remarkable,  especially the one that can install the car seats and windshield all by itself.

The whole operation is remarkable, most of the vehicle is made in-house which makes for efficiency as well as quality.

2seaoat

I saw simple robots thirty years ago doing parts loading, but what impressed me the most was the stamping operations and the speed the robots moved the material through a series of heavy equipment. The safety aspects of that part of the process is huge. I have had to pick fingers out of a die on a press that sealed the final ball bearing and humans should NEVER be reaching into these dangerous incredible pressure machines. I see nothing but a rosy picture for our manufacturing in the future. In Rochelle Illinois the Japanese have built two train car factories with amazing technology where they are training kids in high school to read japanese, do sophisticated welds, and repair and program these complex robot systems. They had to lay some folks off last year because the Chinese won a bid for California mass transit, but the incredible things that Americans are doing in Manufacturing is inspiring.

knothead

knothead

2seaoat wrote:I saw simple robots thirty years ago doing parts loading, but what impressed me the most was the stamping operations and the speed the robots moved the material through a series of heavy equipment.  The safety aspects of that part of the process is huge.  I have had to pick fingers out of a die on a press that sealed the final ball bearing and humans should NEVER be reaching into these dangerous incredible pressure machines.  I see nothing but a rosy picture for our manufacturing in the future.  In Rochelle Illinois the Japanese have built two train car factories with amazing technology where they are training kids in high school to read japanese, do sophisticated welds, and repair and program these complex robot systems.  They had to lay some folks off last year because the Chinese won a bid for California mass transit, but the incredible things that Americans are doing in Manufacturing is inspiring.

It is an evolution and I hope we adapt and evolve with the technology.

2seaoat

I enjoyed a few years in manufacturing environments when I was working my way through college. I saw incredibly intelligent people dealing with problems which had to be worked around or fixed. Capital equipment just kept getting more sophisticated as CNC machines like the old typewriters went from tapes to digital on line controls. I had a customer who started an automation company in 1980. He was a Hungarian refugee from the fifties and he built this incredible company before he died in the late nineties. He specialized in robots which loaded parts into machines, but before I left Borg Warner, they were implementing complete assembly lines which had no human interaction.....and now you will be seeing reverse flow of manufacturing back into America as there are fewer and fewer needs for low wage interaction in the streamlined automated assembly lines and much more need for highly trained individuals. Even in the early eighties the plant I was connected to saw highs around 1000 people drop to around 800 with rudimentary automation. American ingenuity is hard to beat. It is part of the American spirit. Good times are ahead.

Math and science for your kids and grandkids - just do it.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Robots are like corporations and should have all the same rights as humans.
First we got Citizens United and now we need Robots United.
One thing about it,  there are no old redneck white men robots.  Robots are not sorry racists who listen to elevator music,  they're good African American and Hispanic liberals who listen to hip hop.

2seaoat

they're good African American

yep, an old pink guy making sure that the new slaves of modern technology have a connection to the old ways.......you cannot make this chit up.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum