Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A beautiful special place

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1A beautiful special place Empty A beautiful special place 4/10/2016, 10:39 pm

2seaoat

The natural world is beautiful.....and sometimes we hold places in the natural world dear to our heart. I have two places now which are very special to me which my wife and I have shared time and our love of nature. We always loved the beauty of Navarre Beach, but with all the overbuilding on the island it is not as frequent of a get away for our quiet moments in nature. Now, we have a special place in Santa Rosa County where the live Oaks and ponds are breathtaking simple. However, my special love of nature are the natural islands in Illinois where you can work your way out to the furthest Island and not see any evidence of man.....just the beauty of the river and woods. I look forward to returning to the same later this week, but have had a very fruitful visit where we have worked so hard to make this special place available to enjoy, and I hope I can return next fall and spend the winter here.....but some things are beyond my control.

2A beautiful special place Empty Re: A beautiful special place 4/10/2016, 10:59 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:The natural world is  beautiful.....and sometimes we hold places in the natural world dear to our heart.  I have two places now which are very special to me which my wife and I have shared time and our love of nature.  We always loved the beauty of Navarre Beach, but with all the overbuilding on the island it is not as frequent of a get away for our quiet moments in nature.  Now, we have a special place in Santa Rosa County where the live Oaks and ponds are breathtaking simple.  However, my special love of nature are the natural islands in Illinois where you can work your way out to the furthest Island and not see any evidence of man.....just the beauty of the river and woods.  I look forward to returning to the same later this week, but have had a very fruitful visit where we have worked so hard to make this special place available to enjoy, and I hope I can return next fall and spend the winter here.....but some things are beyond my control.

I hope so too.

3A beautiful special place Empty Re: A beautiful special place 4/11/2016, 12:34 am

RealLindaL

Joanimaroni wrote:
2seaoat wrote:The natural world is  beautiful.....and sometimes we hold places in the natural world dear to our heart.  I have two places now which are very special to me which my wife and I have shared time and our love of nature.  We always loved the beauty of Navarre Beach, but with all the overbuilding on the island it is not as frequent of a get away for our quiet moments in nature.  Now, we have a special place in Santa Rosa County where the live Oaks and ponds are breathtaking simple.  However, my special love of nature are the natural islands in Illinois where you can work your way out to the furthest Island and not see any evidence of man.....just the beauty of the river and woods.  I look forward to returning to the same later this week, but have had a very fruitful visit where we have worked so hard to make this special place available to enjoy, and I hope I can return next fall and spend the winter here.....but some things are beyond my control.

I hope so too.

As do I, sea, but I'm glad to know you have your lovely Illinois islands to enjoy in the interim.  May they give you many beautiful hours to share with your loving wife.

4A beautiful special place Empty Re: A beautiful special place 4/11/2016, 9:44 pm

2seaoat

Almost done now....people warned me.....I just over did it, but the place is coming together.....a little plumbing....a little electric.....a little grading.....a little grass seed.....a little carpentry........a little cement work.....(not very good at finishing.....so we brush finished the concrete), now I have an issue with the old foundation of a building which was destroyed in Ivan and interferes with the invert on a four inch plumbing line.....I used to be able to handle a concrete saw.....I had to get an electric one because I am too damn weak to pull start a gas one......I cannot do sod anymore, and the young man who was supposed to help us passed this weekend and we had to lay half a pallet because it rots on the pallet if you go longer than five days, got to create a business entity......get insurance......checked out workman comp insurance this afternoon, I used to fly through these steps, but I am beaten down and tired as the liver pain is exponentially increasing the last two weeks. The bushes we planted are looking good, and only two more burn piles from our earlier winter clearing, but the snakes are out and I am done brush clearing.....I gave one hundred percent.....and I am so looking to go to the islands after I get my shots in Chicago on the 18th.....I will try to be back down the end of the month, as I have promised to meet with some people before I get too weak.......I hope to post more when I regain my strength, but if not I am enjoying reading. I remember retired Leo telling me how hard it got to post, but how he still enjoyed to read.....full circle and it has been and continues to be a cherished journey.

5A beautiful special place Empty Re: A beautiful special place 4/11/2016, 10:34 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:Almost done now....people warned me.....I just over did it, but the place is coming together.....a little plumbing....a little electric.....a little grading.....a little grass seed.....a little carpentry........a little cement work.....(not very good at finishing.....so we brush finished the concrete), now I have an issue with the old foundation of a building which was destroyed in Ivan and interferes with the invert on a four inch plumbing line.....I used to be able to handle a concrete saw.....I had to get an electric one because I am too damn weak to pull start a gas one......I cannot do sod anymore, and the young man who was supposed to help us passed this weekend and we had to lay half a pallet because it rots on the pallet if you go longer than five days, got to create a business entity......get insurance......checked out workman comp insurance this afternoon, I used to fly through these steps, but I am beaten down and tired as the liver pain is exponentially increasing the last two weeks.  The bushes we planted are looking good, and only two more burn piles from our earlier winter clearing, but the snakes are out and I am done brush clearing.....I gave one hundred percent.....and I am so looking to go to the islands after I get my shots in Chicago on the 18th.....I will try to be back down the end of the month, as I have promised to meet with some people before I get too weak.......I hope to post more when I regain my strength, but if not I am enjoying reading.  I remember retired Leo telling me how hard it got to post, but how he still enjoyed to read.....full circle and it has been and continues to be a cherished journey.

Enjoy the rest Seaoat...you have done so much. If you read at least check in once in awhile to let us know you are ok.Contrary to Boards this is a social forum and many of us care so much.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum