Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Scott Walker on voter ID laws he pushed: "We're just protecting everyone's right to vote"

+2
Joanimaroni
Wordslinger
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Sure that's their true purpose ... NOT! Everytime this subject comes up on the forum Markle, Pkrbum and the other anti-American conservatives scream that the new voter ID laws enacted by conservative-run states, are aimed at preventing illegal voting, and absolutely necessary ..

This article reveals the truth: It's just as we thought. The voting the conservatives want to control is voting that might be done by minorities, students and other American citizens who typically vote liberal.

The truth is, the GOP, who proudly claims it values liberty, equality and American democracy, is now trying to destroy American freedom.

Again -- the GOP is now involved in schemes to destroy classic American freedom and voting rights.

It's good to know your enemies!!

Down with Amerika Inc.!!

"ACLU AMERICAN CIVIL LIBERTIES UNION

It’s no wonder that some people in Wisconsin had trouble voting on Tuesday.

The fact is, voter ID laws like the one in Wisconsin are partisan efforts to keep certain voters from the polls. That was acknowledged by Wisconsin congressman Rep. Glenn Grothman who, when asked how Republicans could carry Wisconsin in a presidential race for the first time since 1984 said, “ . . . now we have Voter ID.”

ACLU AMERICAN CIVIL LIBERTIES UNION
"Voter suppression efforts, such as voter ID laws and cuts to early voting, could have a real impact on the presidential election. Ten states — including crucial swing states — will have voter suppression measures that will be in effect for the first time in a presidential election.

The ACLU is pursuing legal action in nine states, challenging a dozen suppressive laws. Our legislative staff successfully helped block voter ID laws in Nevada, New Mexico, West Virginia, Nebraska and Missouri.

Thanks for helping us to sound the alarm about these dangerous laws. We are very grateful for your support in a year when so much is on the line."

As a proud, card-carrying member of the ACLU, the above message was quoted from an email sent to me and other members. Wordslinger

Who can't get an id card... and why?

An id is free in wisconsin... so are those disenfranchised voters too stupid or too lazy?

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PkrBum wrote:Who can't get an id card... and why?

An id is free in wisconsin... so are those disenfranchised voters too stupid or too lazy?

Since you're an expert on this subject, just how many steps are involved in acquiring a voter ID in Wisconsin? What does an applicant need to do? All at the same location?

Wordslinger wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Who can't get an id card... and why?

Since you're an expert on this subject, just how many steps are involved in acquiring a voter ID in Wisconsin? What does an applicant need to do? All at the same location?

I'm not sure why you wouldn't do this for yourself. If not before starting the thread... certainly before another post.

The Wisconsin Department of Transportation provides free state ID cards for voting.

Learn about getting a free Wisconsin ID card on the Wisconsin Department of Transportation website:

http://wisconsindot.gov/Pages/dmv/license-drvs/how-to-apply/id-card.aspx

Learn about getting a free Wisconsin ID card even if you do not have a birth certificate:

http://wisconsindot.gov/Pages/dmv/license-drvs/how-to-apply/petition-process.aspx

Communists are easily confused.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

And you guys talk about morality ...

Everyone admits there really isn't an fraudulent vote of any consequence. Nada. Zip. Not anywhere in the States.

And there have been several admissions by elected republicans that
ALL the new voter ID laws are aimed at cutting minority and youth votes.

It figures that PeeDawg would defend such malignant, un-American electoral skullduggery. After all, the conservatives sure as hell can't win the presidency with Trump or Cruz.

The facts are, with their suicidal stance on LGBTs, abortion rights, pro-war stance on the MidEast, doing away with Obamacare, cutting taxes for the ultra rich, and keeping wages minimal, it's virtually impossible for hardcases like What? and his ilk, to appeal to the majority of voters.

As Kasich says, "these suicidal positions are just nuts."

I couldn't have said it better.

I will never see what the big deal is about proving you are the person on a voter registration roster.  How do people pick up prescriptions?  I have to show an ID for that.  If I purchase alcohol I am asked for an ID.  When I bought a can of spray paint I was asked for an ID.  I picked up a package from UPS and I had to show an ID.  I purchased a pass for the Florida State Parks and I had to show an ID.

It is not unreasonable nor racist to ask for an ID when you cast a vote.

Much ado...

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

SheWrites wrote:I will never see what the big deal is about proving you are the person on a voter registration roster.  How do people pick up prescriptions?  I have to show an ID for that.  If I purchase alcohol I am asked for an ID.  When I bought a can of spray paint I was asked for an ID.  I picked up a package from UPS and I had to show an ID.  I purchased a pass for the Florida State Parks and I had to show an ID.

Much ado...

cheers I just posted about having to show my ID to have my blood work drawn.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

If there were a need for voter ID, the attempts to justify it might have some validity...but there isn't. Actual cases of voter fraud are extremely rare. This is a coordinated attempt by the GOP, through right-wing organizations like ALEC, to disenfranchise likely Democrat voters. The other tactics are: purging voter rolls, shortening early voting days, making it harder to obtain ID (e.g. Alabama), and electronic voter tampering...oh, and the continuing right-wing propaganda of Fox, Limbaugh, right-wing radio and internet sites. Nothing but hatred for the "other", 24/7/365, including but not limited to the President and any Democrat who might be in office or running against a Republican. It's sickening; it's brainwashing. The one good thing from Trump: he has exposed the dirty tactics of the GOP to daylight. I have seen numerous posts lately from disillusioned Republicans for Sanders. Very Happy

polecat

polecat

So I definitely need an ID to vote, guys who are in favor of unlimited, anonymous donations to campaigns?

GOP: You need a ID to vote but not to buy an election.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Absolute proof the republicans are purposefully using voter fraud and the need for photo ID as a cover for shutting down minority and youth voting:

"3. Wisconsin Republican accidentally tells the truth about voter suppression laws.

Rep. Glenn Grothman, an outstanding Republican from Wisconsin, might have drunk a little too much of his party’s Kool-Aid. So much so that he kind of forgot to lie on air about the true purpose of voter ID, a.k.a. voter suppression laws in that state.

Clearly pleased as punch after Ted Cruz’s decisive victory over Donald Trump, an NBC affiliate reporter asked Grothman how on earth Republicans could win a state they have not carried in a presidential election since 1984. (Yep, Reagan.)

Grothman responded that Hillary Clinton would be a historically weak nominee, and then blurted, “Now we have photo ID, and I think photo ID is going to make a little bit of a difference as well.”

Wait, dude, you’re not supposed to say that the whole purpose of the voter I.D law is to depress Democratic turnout and win elections, remember?

As bad as that was, the reporter ( a loose term to be sure) seemed completely unperturbed, and let Grothman get in a few more talking points before cutting away. Something about how Republicans would win by talking about welfare and immigration blah blah blah.

And there you have it. Another great moment in democracy and stellar, hard-hitting journalism.

What's weirder, is such unAmerican folk as these scheming republicans, pretending they're American patriots.  Yeah, sure they are.  

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Oh please.....how does anyone function without showing ID?

Haven't you seen a list of places that require photo ID's?

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Joanimaroni wrote:Oh please.....how does anyone function without showing ID?

You're 74, black and have never owned a car. You were born at home and no birth certificate existed. Your father is unknown. You can't vote, even though you've paid taxes and are retired. Yeah, there are processes to amend these problems, but they take time, effort and money... and literacy as well.

Screw you republicans who want to stop this person from voting!

Telstar

Telstar

Wordslinger wrote:

You're 74, black and have never owned a car.  You were born at home and no birth certificate existed.  Your father is unknown.   You can't vote, even though you've paid taxes and are retired.  Yeah, there are processes to amend these problems, but they take time, effort and money... and literacy as well.

If they have the power to stop him they will.

boards of FL

boards of FL

SheWrites wrote:I will never see what the big deal is about proving you are the person on a voter registration roster.  How do people pick up prescriptions?  I have to show an ID for that.  If I purchase alcohol I am asked for an ID.  When I bought a can of spray paint I was asked for an ID.  I picked up a package from UPS and I had to show an ID.  I purchased a pass for the Florida State Parks and I had to show an ID.

Much ado...

It is a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.  The motivation behind these laws is to game the system and reduce voter turnout for poorer people.  I find it hard to believe that anyone would even question this.  Take Alabama as an example.  They passed a voter ID law and then closed 34 drivers license offices that were primarily located in black communities.  What a coincidence!

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/09/politics/alabama-dmv-closures-voting-rights/

We can spend all day debating the merits of requiring an ID to vote, though what are we really accomplishing with these laws?  Disenfranchising various demographics that aren't friendly to the republican narrative?   Shouldn't republicans instead have to compete in the arena of ideas instead of gaming house districts and preventing people from being able to vote?  It is indefensible.

Unlicensed dealers of firearms aren't even required to ask for an ID when selling guns, and yet I suspect most of you could not care any less about that.  Right? And that is a problem that actually does exist!

boards of FL wrote:

Much ado...

It is a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.  The motivation behind these laws is to game the system and reduce voter turnout for poorer people.  I find it hard to believe that anyone would even question this.  Take Alabama as an example.  They passed a voter ID law and then closed 34 drivers license offices that were primarily located in black communities.  What a coincidence!

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/09/politics/alabama-dmv-closures-voting-rights/

We can spend all day debating the merits of requiring an ID to vote, though what are we really accomplishing with these laws?  Disenfranchising various demographics that aren't friendly to the republican narrative?   Shouldn't republicans instead have to compete in the arena of ideas instead of gaming house districts and preventing people from being able to vote?  It is indefensible.

Unlicensed dealers of firearms aren't even required to ask for an ID when selling guns, and yet I suspect most of you could not care any less about that.  Right? And that is a problem that actually does exist!

Only a fool would sell a gun to someone that doesn't show who they are and get a bill of sale showing change of ownership. I've sold plenty several and always create a receipt that shows ownership change. It covers both parties in case anything nefarious was done with the weapon. I had to provide two forms of ID to buy at the gun show yesterday. What you are referring to is the black market sales of arms and there is no law going to prevent that. We can continue to pretend that it will if it makes you happy, but criminals don't follow gun laws. It's less worth fighting than the made up war on drugs.

Telstar

Telstar

If one party decides it's easier to prevent someone from voting for the other party than to vote for their own party than they will take the easy way.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Wordslinger wrote:

You're 74, black and have never owned a car.  You were born at home and no birth certificate existed.  Your father is unknown.   You can't vote, even though you've paid taxes and are retired.  Yeah, there are processes to amend these problems, but they take time, effort and money... and literacy as well.

Then you can't get medicaid, welfare, or public assistance. There are ways, even under those dire abscure circumstances, to obtain a photo ID.

Screw Democrats that want to claim a photo ID is impossible to obtain.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Joanimaroni wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:

Then you can't get medicaid, welfare, or public assistance. There are ways, even under those dire abscure circumstances, to obtain a photo ID.

Screw Democrats that want to claim a photo ID is impossible to obtain.

If you're peddling the truth on voter ID, why then have we had so many confessions from republican figures that the REAL aim of such laws is to diminish minority and liberal votes?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum