Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wish T could see my developing camp FEMA....no snakes yet.....

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

Park model has landed. We put treated lumber under the tires, and will be jacking it up a bit to relieve the weight on the tires with four block and treated lumber. We had the park model designed with slide out steel tube which allows us to have a six foot by thirty foot deck which hangs from the steel frame and avoids zoning issues. We also are going to put wheels on the deck (4) where all we have to do is pull the cotter pins from the steel tube and pull the deck from the frame and then allow a truck to pull the park model to high ground if a hurricane is three days out. We will chain the deck to a tree and hope we will not find it a mile away. During Ivan, the Pearl on Navarre Beach had to huge foam balls at the entrance where they covered it with exterior plaster. Well, I found one of them about three hundred yards east of the northern portion of the Garcon Point Bridge when I had my pontoon boat, where it had traveled almost ten miles as the crow flies.......so there is no guarantee that the chain will hold it.

Got the 200 amp ready to go, and the Park Model takes a 50 amp plug, but I am going to convert the propane water heater with an on demand electric water heater which I will use a plug to a separate 30 amp plug. I am changing out all lighting to led to minimize the load, and will need to get a larger Propane tank. Some damage to plumbing with the rim coming off so I will need to do some plumbing repairs, but I hope in a week to have this done by next week.

RealLindaL

Good luck with it all, sea.  Honestly I've never known of a more ambitious, project-laden person.   I certainly admire your perseverance and seemingly boundless energy and determination despite your illness.   More power to you!

As for hurricanes, all we can hope is that our luck lasts for yet another season.
Don't know about Navarre Beach, but Pensacola Beach is so full of new construction that it's obvious everyone has either forgotten, or wasn't here/never knew in the first place about the devastation of Ivan and then Dennis.

2seaoat

It is really turning out quite well. I will probably meet people from the forum at the project later this month after Bob gets better. Might be a couple weeks. I need to keep myself physically active or I will simply sit in my lazy boy and wither away. It has become much more difficult since the latest surgery to gather my energy, but I will continue to push the bubble, but sadly I am afraid that now that I am breathing better I am once again wearing my wife out.....for the last year I have been really limited in my breathing, but since they debulked the tumors.......I am able to push a little harder.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum