Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bob I think you said March 7th

+6
Joanimaroni
dumpcare
knothead
Hospital Bob
RealLindaL
2seaoat
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 7]

151Bob I think you said March 7th - Page 7 Empty Re: Bob I think you said March 7th 3/17/2016, 11:38 am

Hallmarkgard

With knowledge comes fear.  Yes. the big 4 letter word that effects everyone...  I will share something with you tsomething hat I faced.  We all do it differently.  My wife has a much better grasp on reality and seems to have much less fear than I do.

I have always had trouble with my eyes.  I started wearing glasses when I was 7 years old.  My parents were ahead of the curve and took me to the Osther clinic in New Orleans, no small feat back in 1950.  The doctors helped me and I am grateful for the sight I have

Let me cut to the chase.  A few years back I went to VA(found a flyer in a trash can saw that I qualified)  As part on the entrance  exam was a eye test. I sat down and the guy asked me to read the chart .  I couldn’t see much out of my left eye!!  I thought the quack was just messing with me.  Then he said "You know you are blind in your left eye:  I said  : "Bull Shit  I just cant see very good out of it but I damn sure aint blind"  I was to be proven wrong.

FEAR engulfed me like the darkest of nights.  What the hell was going to happen to me?  I live to read, to play on the computer, build things, fix things.  What was going to happen to me?  I panicked.  I even tried wearing a blind fold to see what it would be like with no sight.

I was sent to the VA in Biloxi where I met some great people.  They gave me hope that I would not go complety blind.  My fear was lessened.  

My eyes and your cancer are not really the same, but in some ways they are.  I dont know all the "What ifs",  I am very lucky that I am where I am today.  Today is all I have.  I will try to find joy in just being able to see today.

My Fear is still here but I am able to deal with it better than I did 3 years ago  The world of medicine is huge.  We both are in a good place.....Not too many years almost no treatment or knowledge was available for us.   This 2016,  you, my wife, Seaoats and I all stand a chance.

152Bob I think you said March 7th - Page 7 Empty Re: Bob I think you said March 7th 3/17/2016, 12:16 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

When you're writing about something important to you,  hallmark,  you write as good as anyone.
It actually made me feel less anxious about what I'm facing.

153Bob I think you said March 7th - Page 7 Empty Re: Bob I think you said March 7th 3/17/2016, 1:10 pm

dumpcare

Bob wrote:
Hallmarkgard wrote:

Looking forward to sharing in your journey

Right now the journey has come to a major crossroads. 

Nodules started popping up in my lungs in 2015.  There are now five of them in both lungs.  One of them has already developed into a tumor and that's the one which was just removed.
They're too small to biopsy yet.

So here I am at that major crossroads wondering if and when those other nodules are going to develop into more tumors.

Four more days until I visit the oncologist to learn if he has any tricks up his sleeve to deal with those nodules. 
It's on my mind every waking minute while I stay in the dark about what's going to happen. 

So that's the status of the journey at this point in time.  And it's coming from a real "no spin zone".

They're not by any chance calling those nodules granuloma's are they?

154Bob I think you said March 7th - Page 7 Empty Re: Bob I think you said March 7th 3/17/2016, 4:02 pm

Vikingwoman

I am just reading this thread and am so very sorry about this, Bob. It has got to be an unbelievable shock. Did you have a mole removed that was cancerous which caused this?

155Bob I think you said March 7th - Page 7 Empty Re: Bob I think you said March 7th 3/18/2016, 3:36 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

ppaca,

No mention of anything except the word "nodules" as of yet.

Vikingwoman,

In 2013 a friend told me I needed to get a spot on my arm checked out.
It turned out to be malignant melanoma. 
But it was found early and excised and was labeled "stage 1".
Following that,  I had a "sentinel lymph node biopsy" to determine if the melanoma cells had entered the lymph system.  That came up negative for melanoma but at the same time it found I had lymphoma.

For the next two and a half years I was given regular CT scans to monitor both cancers.  Nothing was found until this January when a spot was found on my lung which has now been determined to be a melanoma tumor.

156Bob I think you said March 7th - Page 7 Empty Re: Bob I think you said March 7th 3/18/2016, 4:08 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

For those interested,  this is a very good documentary on cancer that was produced for PBS by Ken Burns.

http://www.pbs.org/video/2365450686/

157Bob I think you said March 7th - Page 7 Empty Re: Bob I think you said March 7th 3/18/2016, 12:47 pm

Vikingwoman

So now we can assume stage 1 melanomas can metastasize? How big was the spot-the size of a pencil eraser? What color? Now I'm worried every mole can be melanoma?

158Bob I think you said March 7th - Page 7 Empty Re: Bob I think you said March 7th 3/18/2016, 3:27 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Vikingwoman wrote:So now we can assume stage 1 melanomas can metastasize?

Melanoma is unpredictable.  Yes even very small melanomas can and do sometimes metastisize. 

If I remember right,  it was melanoma that had metastisized to Jimmy Carter's brain.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum