Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Breaking: Chris Christie endorses Donald Trump for president

+7
ZVUGKTUBM
RealLindaL
Floridatexan
Hospital Bob
Sal
2seaoat
boards of FL
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

boards of FL

boards of FL

This is being covered live on CNN.

I think it's time for the rest of the field to pack it in.  

I encourage everyone to say it out loud "Donald Trump is the republican nominee for president." That's about as surreal as it gets.

boards of FL

boards of FL

I'm going to go ahead and predict it now. Chris Christie will be the VP on the Trump ticket.

2seaoat

Possibly, but I need to see which person carries Florida and Ohio. If Rubio takes Florida, he is a viable VP, but in light of his melt down......I think the American People cannot fathom somebody that weak as President. I still think Kasich and Trump would make a great ticket and would be hard to beat. The Democrats will skewer a Trump Chris ticket......but boy would they tear a new one in their opponents.

Sal

Sal

Clown show ...

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Salinsky wrote:Clown show ...

Republicans are evil monsters who will be the ruination of all good and virtue.  They are worse than vermin,  worse than maggots,  they are retarded and stoopid and their breath stinks.  They all need to be eradicated and exterminated.

Sal

Sal

Has anyone else noticed that Sarah Palin hasn't appeared with Trump since right after she endorsed him?

Is it possible that she is so batshit insane that even Trump is embarrassed to be seen with her?

That would be a rather remarkable achievement.

2seaoat

Trump is destroying Marco today.....scared little puppy.

2seaoat

Nasty little guy......there was a puddle next to him during the debate....I was wondering.....what is that........Chris prosecuted him as he repeated himself five times........scared to death.....could you see him negotiate with Putin.

boards of FL

boards of FL

What's funny is how Rubio said "What would Trump be doing if he hadn't inherited $200 million?   Working on TV commercials peddling get rich quick real estate schemes!?!?"  Not an exact quote but that was essentially what he said.  He also mentioned how he may be selling fake watches on the streets of NY.

The funny part there is that, with Rubio's political career being effectively over, he now has a future selling reverse mortgages during Fox News commercial breaks!

2seaoat

Rubio is so done.....he always was an empty suit, but now the world knows he is a punk and shill for special interests......Trump is emasculating him today....throwing water bottles and making fun of him.....America has Rubio down......a punk.

boards of FL

boards of FL

And this was great.  "Keep swinging!  Swing for the fences!"

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://www.usnews.com/news/the-report/articles/2015/12/11/donald-trump-is-whats-wrong-with-america

Republican front-runner Donald Trump deserved every bit of the criticism he caught this week for his proposal to "shut down" Muslims from entering the country. Denunciations rang (with various levels of intensity) from his side of the campaign trail (South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham, for example, called him a "race-baiting, xenophobic, religious bigot") to the Democrats' side (former Maryland Gov. Martin O'Malley, for example, tweeted that Trump is a "fascist demagogue"), from the Democratic White House (spokesman Josh Earnest called Trump's plan "disqualifying" of the presidency) to the Republican Capitol ("this is not conservatism," House Speaker Paul Ryan said).

And by the same token the tyrant of Trump Tower deserved the support he got from one particularly odious group, white supremacist nationalists. "Finally: Someone speaks sense," was the take from the Daily Stormer, per Media Matters for America, which rounded up such reactions. Former Ku Klux Klan leader David Duke approvingly argued that Trump just wants to "preserve the heritage of this country." And the Vanguard News Network ("No Jews. Just Right.") proclaimed that "Trump is beginning to sound like a white nationalist, even more so than before."

[READ: How Donald Trump is Supporting the Islamic State Group]

It's no wonder they're delighted – Trump is mainstreaming post-Paris and post-San Bernardino the same noxious bile that they produced post-9/11, when these same types made comments like, "It's the immigration, stupid" and "open border access is suicide." (That's the ones who weren't praising the attacks as "acts of justice" and "I wish our members had half as much testicular fortitude" … in case Trump is still looking for people who publicly celebrated 9/11.)

The whole episode is the latest and clearest reminder that Donald Trump is, in a word, awful. His run is fueled by the pernicious aspects of the national character even as he seeks an office that should be animated by the best ones. He represents, to borrow the words of Fox News' Shepard Smith, "the worst, darkest part of all that is America."

That Trump is terrible is not a startling observation at this late date. But what is is that his foray into politics actually seems to have made him worse. He started out as a bombastic, bullying oaf more concerned with casting insults than crafting policy and has metastasized into a neofascist thug anxious to slice up the Constitution.

Words like fascist tend to be used too loosely, especially in the Internet age, but here we have a case where the leading candidate of a major political party wants to ban adherents of a religion from entering the country (even, by the way, Americans who happen to be abroad) and speaks approvingly of shutting down houses of worship while declining to rule out establishing databases of followers of that religion or even forcing them to bear specially distinguishing IDs. We have a candidate who is interested in "closing that Internet up in some ways," which, The Daily Beast helpfully points out, is something only despots try to do. Despots? Here's Trump, explaining his reasoning: "Somebody will say, 'Oh, freedom of speech, freedom of speech.' These are foolish people. We have a lot of foolish people. We have a lot of foolish people.'"

As the L.A. Times' David Horsey wrote this week, Trump's "appeals to hypernationalism, his scapegoating of ethnic groups, his fear-driven appeals to disgruntled working-class voters and his presentation of himself as the strong man who can fix every problem through the force of his will all have echoes of fascist political leaders of the past." That Trump initially came across as entertaining, Horsey adds, may be the modern face of fascism: "Trump is Don Rickles with the political inclinations of Francisco Franco."

Did I mention that a few weeks back Trump mused that perhaps someone who had the temerity to protest him "should have been roughed up"? I'm not even sure if that qualifies as a sign of fascism or just the general keen eye he has displayed for teasing out or personally expressing the worst in everything, from his derogation of Mexicans in this country illegally as "drug dealers" and "rapists" to his free-floating misogyny to his making fun of a reporter's disability. He dishonors the memories of our 9/11 dead with his twisted fantasies about "thousands and thousands" of New Jersey Muslims cheering that awful day.

[SEE: Editorial Cartoons on Donald Trump]

And more broadly he's a serial fabricator of epic and at times comical proportions. It's so rampant that at least one editor – Buzzfeed's Ben Smith – told his staff that it's "entirely fair to call [Trump] a mendacious racist" because it's a factually indisputable statement. Good for him – other news organizations should follow suit.

His turn after the Paris attacks to focus in on Muslims as the scapegoat for his campaign exemplified the worst kind of overreaction to extremist violence – the kind that chips away at or wholly demolishes our values and our liberties in the name of security. That's the only scenario in which the Islamic State group defeats us: our self-destructing for them. And in the mean time Trump does their dirty work by proclaiming to the world that Muslims are not welcome here – precisely the story the  extremists are working hard to sell. And as NBC News' Richard Engel pointed out this week, virtually all of the intelligence we collect on the Islamic State group comes from Muslim sources. "Trump is offending our allies," Engel noted.

And his defense of his Muslim shutdown plan is that President Franklin Roosevelt, certainly one of our finest presidents, interned Japanese-Americans during World War II. Leave it to Trump to justify himself by reaching back to the most shameful part of FDR's legacy to shield himself. Watch, if Trump takes the next step and calls for interning Muslims in the same manner – an idea he hasn't ruled out – he'll bolster his case by also referencing the "Trail of Tears."

There's a classic episode of "Star Trek" where a transporter beam accident splits Captain Kirk into two, a good version and a version with all of his negative qualities – anger, aggression, lust and so on. The point of the science fiction story ends up being that we all need our negative qualities to be whole. But in the real world, presented with the embodiment of our worst instincts and behaviors, it's easy to see we don't need him – and certainly don't need him running the country.

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/topoftheticket/la-na-tt-trump-fascist-inclinations-20151209-story.html

Donald Trump's fascist inclinations do not bother his fans

Breaking:  Chris Christie endorses Donald Trump for president 1150x647

Donald Trump looks like he should have tea with the Queen all in that way he holds his right hand while speaking.
Laughing

And I have no problem with men displaying their feminine side.

Sal

Sal

Sal

Sal

boards of FL wrote:I'm going to go ahead and predict it now.  Chris Christie will be the VP on the Trump ticket.

I think Christie wants AG.

2seaoat

I think Christie wants AG.

Agree.......

RealLindaL

2seaoat wrote:I think Christie wants AG.

Agree.......

Probably right.   If we can  believe anything Trump says, he indicates he wants a politician for veep who knows how to get things accomplished within the government machine.   That, to me, means he wants someone from Washington.  What good does a New Jersey politician do him in that regard?  Anyway, interesting to speculate, but only time will tell.  
My memory is that he has specifically ruled out Rubio as ever being considered for the VP spot, and I can't possibly imagine it would be Cruz.  And though he has said he would want someone strong and capable of running things in the event of his death ("if something happened," as he put it), I wonder if that's true, or if he'd rather have a doormat he could lord it over.  
In other words, I have no idea and don't know what I'm talking about.
L8R for sure,      LL

2seaoat

I think Kasich is the perfect VP. He will deliver Ohio. He also gives instant credibility to a Republican ticket. I just do not see Donald surviving the onslaught that the Democrats will pour onto him. However, he will brutally attack Hillary, and judging by my wife's reaction to Trump.....not a smart move among women.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

2seaoat wrote:I think Kasich is the perfect VP.  He will deliver Ohio.  He also gives instant credibility to a Republican ticket.  I just do not see Donald surviving the onslaught that the Democrats will pour onto him.  However, he will brutally attack Hillary, and judging by my wife's reaction to Trump.....not a smart move among women.

I agree that Kasich will woo over moderate Republicans who might be wavering on the fence. I will vote for Kasich in the Republican Primary; I doubt I would vote for a Trump/Kasich ticket.

I will say that I remain a moderate Republican and am waiting for a moderate to step-up and swing my party back toward the middle. Man, even a Nixon couldn't make it in today's GOP. I mean, how dare a Republican President establish the EPA and OSHA on his watch, and advance laws such as the Clean Water and Clean Air Acts? How dare he open dialogue with the Communist Chinese and negotiate limitations on strategic weapons with the Soviet Union? Nixon did all of that stuff.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Sal

Sal

If Kasich agrees to the VP spot in a Trump administration, his integrity argument is gone.

RealLindaL

2seaoat wrote:I think Kasich is the perfect VP.  He will deliver Ohio.  He also gives instant credibility to a Republican ticket.  I just do not see Donald surviving the onslaught that the Democrats will pour onto him.  However, he will brutally attack Hillary, and judging by my wife's reaction to Trump.....not a smart move among women.

Your wife sounds like one smart cookie.

RealLindaL

Salinsky wrote:If Kasich agrees to the VP spot in a Trump administration, his integrity argument is gone.

Wow, Sal, you are so right.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

The republican assault on the presidency has degenerated into a greasy, childish, degrading absurd comedy of insults.

The President of Mexico proclaims Trump a reminder of Hitler.

Trump will, of course, be the republican candidate for president. It's the logical result of years of conservative racism, homophobia, and fundamentalist Christian bigotry put forth by the "right" wing.

At last, the republicans have the right man for their leader: a raving, smarmy con man who plays to the lowest common denominator of the white trash segments of the republican party.

Even Lindsay Graham thinks of him as a loose cannon fascist.

How appropriate that a scheming, self-adulating politician like Christy, would endorse this escapee from Barnum & Bailey.

Face it -- TRUMP IS THE NEW ICON OF REPUBLICANISM!

ALL HAIL THE CHIEF!

THE REAL TRUTH: WHAT A SETBACK FOR THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!

We will soon have absolute proof that what other civilized nations have long thought about America and Americans is really true: We are, in fact, a noisy nation of gun-crazy gangsters, materialists and racists.

RealLindaL

Just wish I had watched Rachel Maddow last night, but nodded off in front of the TV.  Hubby says she put on a montage of video showing the many, many times Christie has positively TRASHED Trump in the past couple of months -- that is, until all of a sudden yesterday, according to Christie, Trump was the best guy in the field to be president. Excellent! Right.  

I sympathize with friends who're talking about moving to Canada or the Bahamas, or hiding out in a mountain cabin for the next four years.   Of course I realize people threaten such things at every election cycle, but this one seems to have generated the greatest prevarication among the candidates and the deepest sense of desperation among the voters (on both sides) that I can ever recall.

BBL,
LL

Sal

Sal

Co-chair of Christie's presidential bid ....

"Chris Christie's endorsement of Donald Trump is an astonishing display of political opportunism. Donald Trump is unfit to be President. He is a dishonest demagogue who plays to our worst fears. Trump would take America on a dangerous journey. Christie knows all that and indicated as much many times publicly. The Governor is mistaken if he believes he can now count on my support, and I call on Christie's donors and supporters to reject the Governor and Donald Trump outright. I believe they will. For some of us, principle and country still matter."

http://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/christie-campaign-s-finance-co-chair-calls-donors-reject-trump-n527451

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum