Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sal....High School baseball season is coming...how is he feeling

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

Need an update.

Sal

Sal

High school baseball season is here, and he's doing great.

Thanks for asking.

Thursday night he went 3 for 4 at the plate, and the fourth was the most well hit ball of the night, but the defense was playing deep, and they caught it.

He even took the face guard off his batting helmet, which makes me nervous, but it's his face and he said it was distracting.

2seaoat

I am so happy for you. Cherish those long bleacher butt splinters because it is a special time. I am in between watching the children and grandchildren and hope I can live long enough to see the grandkids play. Nothing better. I hope he keeps the protection on for the remainder of high school. I was hit a couple of times in the same place, so all those saying about lightening do not mean a thing, keep the protection on and enjoy every minute. keep us updated and we need to hear about some happy stuff around here.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

We are still in basketball.

2seaoat

I know you do not want to brag, but how about a compromise....once a week give us an update. I love baseball, and I am in a gap between my adult children participating in HS and college, and my oldest granddaughter only being seven....I am constantly bothering friends to find out what kids and grandkids are doing.....I miss watching games. I think I will attend my first game in Maritime Park in April if health allows the same. I cannot wait. I might see a kid who will make the bigs.....I love baseball.

Sal

Sal

Last week he hit his first homerun of his high school career.

Since then, he's hit two that were caught at the fence.

He's hitting at just under .500, and his slugging % is astronomical.

It's a good thing because he's playing behind a senior at his natural position at third base.

But when you can hit, they'll find a place for you on the field.

In the past two weeks, he's played second, short, a little third, and right and left field.

He's having a lot of fun.

Thanks for asking.

Whelp, I was really just checking in to see if Boards had returned.

I started posting on a different forum, and it's been a riot.

I am actually being piled on from the left by Sanders supporters for not being liberal enough.

Something different.

Hope Bob makes a quick recovery and glad to hear that Pkr is feeling better.

Cheers!

RealLindaL

Salinsky wrote:I started posting on a different forum, and it's been a riot.

Good to hear from you, Sal.  Care to say if this is a Pensacola area forum?  Better yet, care to share a link?

Dayum... that's impressive sal.

knothead

knothead

PkrBum wrote:Dayum... that's impressive sal.

pkr, I assume you are back home, correct? Hope you are improving bit by bit.

2seaoat

I apologize, but I forgot is he a soph or Jr.......moving around on positions is good early in his high school career, but with his numbers somebody is going to look at him his junior year.....flexibility is good for scholarship offers.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Sal, sounds like the beginning of a really good season for your son.

2seaoat

Update time......I told my wife after driving by Navarre High school that I am going to catch a high school game next week. They had the place packed tonight to watch a game.....I always argued that the panhandle and Florida generally had some of the best baseball players in the nation because they get about six weeks more spring play than Illinois.

Sal needs to come back to the forum

You are missed!

knothead

knothead

SheWrites wrote:Sal needs to come back to the forum

You are missed!

Count me as one on the "I Miss Sal List" . . . . .

2seaoat

that is up to him, but he peeked our interest in his son, and he cannot leave us hanging......I hope everything is ok, and really would like to hear how he is doing.......again.....I am in a gap between my kids sports activities and the grandkids getting old enough.

We're interested in how he's doing sal... what was the big news?

Sal

Sal

Good night. Two doubles, two RBIs, and scored twice. Played left and caught a ball on the run that on my best day I wouldn't have got a glove on laying out. Very proud. Thanks for asking. He'll be pitching on Thursday.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Salinsky wrote:Good night. Two doubles, two RBIs, and scored twice. Played left and caught a ball on the run that on my best day I wouldn't have got a glove on laying out. Very proud. Thanks for asking. He'll be pitching on Thursday.

Great!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum