Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

CIA director says IS group has used, can make chem weapons (Coming Sunday on 60 Minutes)

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Markle

Markle

Remember Lame Duck President Obama drawing a RED LINE in the sand if Bashar al-Assad used chemical weapons.  Assad did, and President Obama hid under the desk.

CIA director says IS group has used, can make chem weapons

Washington (AFP) - CIA director John Brennan has said that Islamic State fighters have used chemical weapons and have the capability to make small quantities of chlorine and mustard gas, CBS News reported.

"We have a number of instances where ISIL has used chemical munitions on the battlefield," Brennan told CBS News, which released excerpts of an interview to air in full on the "60 Minutes" news program on Sunday.

The network added that he told "60 Minutes" the CIA believes that the IS group has the ability to make small amounts of mustard or chlorine gas for weapons.

"There are reports that ISIS has access to chemical precursors and munitions that they can use," Brennan said.

Brennan also warned of the possibility that the Islamic State group could seek to export the weapons to the West for financial gain.

"I think there's always the potential for that. This is why it's so important to cut off the various transportation routes and smuggling routes that they have used," he said.

When asked if there were "American assets on the ground" searching for possible chemical weapons caches or labs, Brennan replied: "US intelligence is actively involved in being a part of the efforts to destroy ISIL and to get as much insight into what they have on the ground inside of Syria and Iraq."

- 'Toxic chemicals in Iraq, Syria' -

The release of the interview excerpts comes two days after similar comments from spy chief James Clapper before a congressional committee.

"ISIL has also used toxic chemicals in Iraq and Syria, including the blister agent sulfur mustard," Clapper, the director of national intelligence, told lawmakers on Tuesday.

[...]

http://news.yahoo.com/cia-director-says-group-used-chem-weapons-003949116.html

I think it's equally likely that assad is doing it and shifting the blame. I doubt we can get a reliable account today.

Secondarily... kerry had a garbled message regarding our involvement/intervention in syria. Just another clusterfuck.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/12/middleeast/syria-talks/index.html

boards of FL

boards of FL

Ok.  You guys are scared.  I get it.

What do you propose we do to alleviate your fear?  Let me see if I can guess:  Do you want a republican president to pound his chest and send our young men and women to the middle east again?

boards of FL wrote:Ok.  You guys are scared.  I get it.

What do you propose we do to alleviate your fear?  Let me see if I can guess:  Do you want a republican president to pound his chest and send our young men and women to the middle east again?

Lol... do you seriously have trouble keeping up with the positions of the ten or so of us left on your forum?

Why do you require spoon feeding and regurgitation?

Markle

Markle

boards of FL wrote:Ok.  You guys are scared.  I get it.

Still only reading your DailyKOS, informationclearinghouse and The Nation I see.

Lame Duck President Obama has already extended the time we will have troops in Afghanistan and has sent another 500 troops to that country. That's fine, except they go there with orders that forbid them from shooting unless someone has shot at them first.

Scared? Only because President Obama refuses to protect out country.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

It looks like poster Markle is trying to throw in a dose of fear, since all of his other threads have flopped today.

This thread is also a:

CIA director says IS group has used, can make chem weapons    (Coming Sunday on 60 Minutes) Flop112

I actually think poster Markle would revel in a giant terrorist attack happening within the U.S. this year. It might shift the election in favor of the radical-right; and it would give Markle lots of fuel for his "...lame duck President Obama.." threads (those have been kinda sucking wind of late).

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:It looks like poster Markle is trying to throw in a dose of fear, since all of his other threads have flopped today.

This thread is also a:

CIA director says IS group has used, can make chem weapons    (Coming Sunday on 60 Minutes) Flop112

I actually think poster Markle would revel in a giant terrorist attack happening within the U.S. this year. It might shift the election in favor of the radical-right; and it would give Markle lots of fuel for his "...lame duck President Obama.." threads (those have been kinda sucking wind of late).

Come on ZVUGKTUBM, allow me to pose the question again.  I am fully aware that the Progressives are afraid to serious topics.

Still only reading your DailyKOS, informationclearinghouse and The Nation I see.

Lame Duck President Obama has already extended the time we will have troops in Afghanistan and has sent another 500 troops to that country. That's fine, except they go there with orders that forbid them from shooting unless someone has shot at them first.

Scared? Only because President Obama refuses to protect out country.

How many have died because of President Obama's FAILURE in handling the ISIS crisis and the crisis in Syria. You know, after President Obama drew the red line in the sand.

How many refugees are there today due to the same failures?

2seaoat

A crazy in Montana could kill five thousand Americans with a homemade concoction. Vigilance does not mean that all threats can be defeated. Certainly wasting assets for another fifteen years is no solution to one American death a week to terrorism, but fear......fear sells weapons.....so of course the Republican party is going to sell fear. The funny thing is traditional Republicans were almost isolationist, but the Republican Party abandoned all principles when they allowed Dixiecrats and special interest to take over the party......now it is a Boo fest.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:A crazy in Montana could kill five thousand Americans with a homemade concoction.   Vigilance does not mean that all threats can be defeated.  Certainly wasting assets for another fifteen years is no solution to one American death a week to terrorism, but fear......fear sells weapons.....so of course the Republican party is going to sell fear.   The funny thing is traditional Republicans were almost isolationist, but the Republican Party abandoned all principles when they allowed Dixiecrats and special interest to take over the party......now it is a Boo fest.

How many have died because of President Obama's FAILURE in handling the ISIS crisis and the crisis in Syria. You know, after President Obama drew the red line in the sand.

Markle wrote:
2seaoat wrote:A crazy in Montana could kill five thousand Americans with a homemade concoction.   Vigilance does not mean that all threats can be defeated.  Certainly wasting assets for another fifteen years is no solution to one American death a week to terrorism, but fear......fear sells weapons.....so of course the Republican party is going to sell fear.   The funny thing is traditional Republicans were almost isolationist, but the Republican Party abandoned all principles when they allowed Dixiecrats and special interest to take over the party......now it is a Boo fest.

If iraq's civilian casualties and refugees belong to bush2... then syria's civilian casualties and refugees belong to obama.

Markle

Markle

PkrBum wrote:
Markle wrote:

If iraq's civilian casualties and refugees belong to bush2... then syria's civilian casualties and refugees belong to obama.

Try getting Progressives to even respond to those facts.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum