Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Line up folks Lets rock

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Line up folks  Lets rock Empty Line up folks Lets rock 9/21/2012, 5:17 pm

LOL Tattoo optional...... LOL...Eat a lot of Pizza and drink a lot of beer...I need a pothole in my road fixed. Thanks in advance..
Line up folks  Lets rock Bilde?Site=DP&Date=20120921&Category=NEWS01&ArtNo=120921017&Ref=AR&MaxW=640&Border=0&DeLuna-Fest-ready-rock

2Line up folks  Lets rock Empty Re: Line up folks Lets rock 9/21/2012, 7:49 pm

2seaoat

I am pretty sure you were young once...... Sleep Sleep Sleep wake up it is not time to give up yet......

3Line up folks  Lets rock Empty Re: Line up folks Lets rock 9/21/2012, 7:56 pm

Did you tell anybody about your pothole?
If not send them an email, you would probably be surprised about the response..

4Line up folks  Lets rock Empty Re: Line up folks Lets rock 9/21/2012, 9:38 pm

I had big battle over a sidewalk/ road resurfacing that made my house and garage flood. It was a epic battle. It cost the county 500,000 to correct their sloppy engineering. I now know almost everyone in the country engineering, road dept very well. I was very very vocal and went to a lot of meetings..I will post some pictures when I get on my home computer. The pot hole comment was just a jab at Mr Oats. He is all ways telling me how much the Beach concerts help me. But thanks for the suggestion. .

5Line up folks  Lets rock Empty Re: Line up folks Lets rock 9/21/2012, 10:19 pm

Let me see if I understand this concert thing...We locals need to support a concert. OK I got it. So we get 10,000 locals to spend 75 to 600 dollars. Average 100 per person per day ticket sales. That is a million dollars for one day. 3 days=3 million.......Where does that money go? Let me guess. The artists, the promoters, Security, and all the labor and stage set up, etc. News. The Foo Fighters, 6 fat Krauts and the others do not live in this area. They take the majority of the money and go home and spend it. The money that could have been spent at Studers Stadium, Jackson's, Hop Jacks is now buying a Rolex watch on Rodeo drive. From the PNJ there are 8 food merchants at the fest. One expects to sell 5000 slices of pizza. At 5 dollars a slice he is looking at 25,000 gross. A nice days pay but in the scheme of things, not much. We already have a jillion people selling pizza. That is just swapping spit.

No wonder we have been doing concerts for years and years and we still rank among the poorest counties in the state. Amazing, we keep doing the same thing over and over and get the same results. No, not really, Last year was a big bust so this year will have to double up just to break even.

6Line up folks  Lets rock Empty Re: Line up folks Lets rock 9/21/2012, 10:55 pm

OH YEA!!!!!
Line up folks  Lets rock Bilde?NewTbl=1&Site=E6&Date=20120921&Category=GOPENSACOLA04&ArtNo=209210802&Ref=PH&Item=26&Maxw=620&Maxh=465&q=60

7Line up folks  Lets rock Empty Re: Line up folks Lets rock 9/22/2012, 9:40 am

2seaoat

A concert is a great economic multiplier. People stay at hotels, eat at restaurants, and recreate at local business establishments. Those businesses have increased revenues and they purchase supplies locally. The people providing the supplies have increased revenues, and across the board as the multipliers increase the velocity of local money increases. People buy more groceries, people get hired, and people buy more goods and services. A concert is a wonderful way to improve the velocity of money in a local market, and those visitors who bring more money to spend into that market......faster and faster turn over of the same money. Government gets much of its revenue from the velocity of money in its market as sales tax is a huge component of revenues. Fortunately, the toll numbers on the beach bridge can give a good indicator of local activity and when there are no visitors revenues plunge.....so tell me.....why is a concert a bad thing?

Sure, a wicket manufacturer who hires 300 employees is a better multiplier, but when national policies result in the deindustrialization of America, your frustration with the same is not going to be solved by local politicians. Local politicians can efficiently improve visitors to an area with sound policy.......not so easy to get that wicket factory.

8Line up folks  Lets rock Empty Re: Line up folks Lets rock 9/22/2012, 10:03 am

So how are the Concerts like Deluna fest any different from lets say,The Pensacola Interstate fair. No pleading about if you love Pensacola you need to buy a ticket. Private owner. Many business and restaurants will tell you the Fair puts a big crimp in their profits .
2011 Rank (2010): 49 (Not Listed)
Fair & Location: Pensacola (Fla.) Interstate Fair
2011 Dates: Oct. 20-30
2011 Attendance (Paid): 352,000 (N/A)
2010 Attendance: 330,000
Gate Revenues (Year-round Budget): N/A ($2.5 million)
2012 Dates: Oct. 18-28
Adult Admission Price: $10
Comments: Pensacola Interstate Fair had beautiful weather this year.

I just noticed that they had as many people in 10 days as the Wahoos/Ball park had in 70 games.

I guess I am old school about how you make money. Selling beer, whiskey, nipple rings, bongs are beneath me. I take pride in being a blue collar worker. If people want to sell that shit, then more power to them. But it is not for me.

Last edited by hallmarkgrad on 9/22/2012, 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total

9Line up folks  Lets rock Empty Re: Line up folks Lets rock 9/22/2012, 10:26 am

Troy Moon..............

Many festivalgoers spent the afternoon hours just waltzing through the grounds, taking in the variety of vendors which sold everything from water bongs and nipple rings to sandals and belts.

Others stopped to eat DeLuna Dogs and a variety of other festival food on picnic benches and sidewalks, while Baptist Hospital and others handed out free water to thirsty concertgoers.

Still, it was the music that was the draw, with thousands more pouring into the festival site as the sun faded over the Gaslight Anthem as the band performed on the most western stage. A cool breeze blew through the crowd, carrying the sweet strains of marijuana smoke across the masses.

10Line up folks  Lets rock Empty Re: Line up folks Lets rock 9/22/2012, 12:00 pm

2seaoat

I have it from reliable sources that young man threw a drink on you because you were riding a bike shirtless and that you had a very large nipple ring. It is the peak of hypocrisy to criticize other nipple ring suppliers when your supplier is getting hurt by this concert. It was also quite obvious to that young person who threw the drink, that your nipple ring was made in China.....if you are going to talk the talk.....you need to ride your bike with your shirt on, without a large nipple ring, and by all means find an American made supplier. I am certain of one thing.....that patriotic youth threw 100% American made pop at you.

11Line up folks  Lets rock Empty Re: Line up folks Lets rock 9/22/2012, 5:03 pm

2seaoat wrote:I have it from reliable sources that young man threw a drink on you because you were riding a bike shirtless and that you had a very large nipple ring. It is the peak of hypocrisy to criticize other nipple ring suppliers when your supplier is getting hurt by this concert. It was also quite obvious to that young person who threw the drink, that your nipple ring was made in China.....if you are going to talk the talk.....you need to ride your bike with your shirt on, without a large nipple ring, and by all means find an American made supplier. I am certain of one thing.....that patriotic youth threw 100% American made pop at you.

Nah, his nipple ring was made in San Francisco. Smile

12Line up folks  Lets rock Empty Re: Line up folks Lets rock 9/22/2012, 5:23 pm

[.

Last edited by hallmarkgrad on 9/22/2012, 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

13Line up folks  Lets rock Empty Re: Line up folks Lets rock 9/22/2012, 5:25 pm

Correct. Nipples ring(s) were bought at the same time I had my "Prince Albert" installed. USA all the way. Both were made from a piece of 2" Stainless Steel American made Pipe.

14Line up folks  Lets rock Empty Re: Line up folks Lets rock 9/22/2012, 10:54 pm

comment from Pensacola digest............
The VIP package was a RIPOFF! We paid a ton of money to support this festival and FOOLISHLY thought it would give us a better view of Pearl Jam, or anything really. So angry at the festival organizers. Kicked out of our viewing spot after getting there an hour early. Slow service most of the time, no service at all the rest of the time. Everything about the experience was miserable. Obviously very bad planning.. NEVER AGAIN DELUNA FEST!

15Line up folks  Lets rock Empty Re: Line up folks Lets rock 9/23/2012, 2:59 pm

2seaoat

vip.....Very Important Person..........he he he lol!

16Line up folks  Lets rock Empty Re: Line up folks Lets rock 9/24/2012, 5:48 pm

VIP Very Insolvent Person after Deloony fest............... lol

17Line up folks  Lets rock Empty Re: Line up folks Lets rock 3/17/2013, 6:09 pm

I always loved rock!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum