Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I'm watching Obama's speech, are you. What's your reaction?

+8
dumpcare
EmeraldGhost
Markle
boards of FL
knothead
TEOTWAWKI
Sal
Hospital Bob
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

What he's saying makes sense to me. 

So go ahead right-wingers and republicans and libertarians,  tell me how full of shit he is and I am.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I'm watching it on Fox News so I can see the reaction it gets from the Fox News talking heads.  This should be fun to watch.  lol

Sal

Sal

I'm watching Obama's speech, are you.  What's your reaction? C9725bcad99402e8469a3de7fbbd32396d5505820bade1991fce1824a02e1f51

I'm not near a tv... can someone give some cliff notes?

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Well first right off the bat Bob Obama is being a dictator you don't make laws by decree and less you're a dictator this country doesn't have a dictator .this also smacks of incrementalism where they gradually Take away a right to where no one has it. And the whole doing away of Dr. patient confidentiality reminds me what the Nazis did killing off mentally troubled people putting them under a different law taking away their rights . The damn government doesn't give us our rights our rights are inherited natural rights from God if you will .

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

The Fox News Channel reaction...

Judge Napolitano says "the solution is more guns".

Andrea Tantaros says "Obama had an onion stashed under the podium to
create the tears".

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote: Well first right off the bat Bob Obama is being a dictator you don't make laws by decree and less you're a dictator this country doesn't have a dictator

It was just pointed out in the FNC discussion (not Daily Kos) that "every president,  including Reagan,  has used Executive Orders more times than Obama has".

My god,  that means this country has been a dictatorship all along.
We need to throw out this whole system of government because the democrats AND the republicans both are nothing but dictators.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I now think we should replace this dictatorship with a monarchy.  I would make Andrea Tantanos and Rachel Maddow be King and Queen.
But only if I can see the two of them diddle each other.

Sal

Sal

I just finished watching the video.

Sadly, it will be a long time before we have another leader as decent and brave.

knothead

knothead

My take was that his executive order would implement/supplement/clarify existing gun laws, e.g., what constitutes a gun dealer? Obama acknowledged it is not a fix for all gun woes but someone must step up and stand up to the NRA.  I support the essence of the 2nd amendment btw but do not believe it is exempt from common sense regulation(s).  These changes if implemented would not affect anyone's right to buy guns, it seems to be simple common sense because it mirrors recommendations previously endorsed by scores of right wing politicians.

All of the Republicans are virtually owned by the NRA and defying their wishes assures they become a target; hence they are very effective at getting capitulation and that narrative needs to end for the sake of America in my opinion.

Last edited by knothead on 1/5/2016, 2:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

knothead

knothead

Salinsky wrote:I just finished watching the video.

Sadly, it will be a long time before we have another leader as decent and brave.

I agree Sal, don't forget da game tonight!

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

This is another abuse of an executive order , the executive order was put in place so that the president wouldn't have to go to Congress to get new dishes for the White House or other Mundane needs. It was never designed to make law .

Sal

Sal

knothead wrote:

I wouldn't forget.

We will have our hands full with Ben Simmons, especially because our own Skal Labissiere has been a huge disappointment thus far.

He's getting pushed around in the paint by guards.

knothead

knothead

Salinsky wrote:
knothead wrote:

I wouldn't forget.

We will have our hands full with Ben Simmons, especially because our own Skal Labissiere has been a huge disappointment thus far.

He's getting pushed around in the paint by guards.

Agree again, he seriously needs a year in the weight room, last game against Ole Miss they looked good and seemed to play more relaxed and confidnet but yes we will have our hands full!

Bob wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote: Well first right off the bat Bob Obama is being a dictator you don't make laws by decree and less you're a dictator this country doesn't have a dictator

It was just pointed out in the FNC discussion (not Daily Kos) that "every president,  including Reagan,  has used Executive Orders more times than Obama has".

My god,  that means this country has been a dictatorship all along.
We need to throw out this whole system of government because the democrats AND the republicans both are nothing but dictators.

A million benign executive orders can be eclipsed by one misguided overreaching executive order.

It's not the number... it's the significance and intent.

Did he say that the no fly list would be a disqualifier?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

PkrBum wrote:

A million benign executive orders can be eclipsed by one misguided overreaching executive order.

Here's one of those benign ones.

It was President Reagan’s infamous Executive Order 12333 (referred to as “twelve-triple-three”) that established and handed to the NSA virtually all of the powers under which the agency  operates to this day—allowing the agency to collect the data that so many now find to be so offensive.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickungar/2014/02/03/the-lawless-presidencies-of-barack-obama-and-ronald-reagan/

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:Did he say that the no fly list would be a disqualifier?

No.

It was entirely reasonable and completely constitutional consisting of increasing the effectiveness of the NICS, addressing access to mental health services, and a modest nod toward development of smart gun technology.

In other words, ...

... TYRANNY!!!!

Bob wrote:
PkrBum wrote:

Here's one of those benign ones.

It was President Reagan’s infamous Executive Order 12333 (referred to as “twelve-triple-three”) that established and handed to the NSA virtually all of the powers under which the agency  operates to this day—allowing the agency to collect the data that so many now find to be so offensive.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickungar/2014/02/03/the-lawless-presidencies-of-barack-obama-and-ronald-reagan/

Certainly overreach... but it doesn't even have to be an executive order. The patriot act and ndaa expanded it.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

By the way,  that benign order was done by the President who is more respected by the right-wing than any other for getting the federal government out of our lives.  The one who said "government isn't the solution,  it's the problem".  lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

But he was able to win the right-wing back by taking another firm conservative stand.

"Trees cause more pollution than automobiles do"

Ronald Reagan -  1981

A true "conservative" wants to conserve cars,  not nature.

Sal

Sal

knothead wrote:
Agree again, he seriously needs a year in the weight room, last game against Ole Miss they looked good and seemed to play more relaxed and confidnet but yes we will have our hands full!

You're right.

The only thing that's gonna fix Skal is 40 lbs, and that's impossible to accomplish during the season.

On the other hand, Tyler Ulis is an absolute joy to watch play.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

After the death of actual journalism (if there ever was any to being with),
we have no way to get an answer to the only question which matters as a result of today's speech.

And that question is...  a couple of years from now,  will today's new gun control measures have decreased the number of gun deaths and gun injuries?

We will never be able to get a valid answer to that question.  Because all we will have to tell us is democrat media and republican media,  and no journalism.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Bob wrote:After the death of actual journalism (if there ever was any to being with),
we have no way to get an answer to the only question which matters as a result of today's speech.

And that question is...  a couple of years from now,  will today's new gun control measures have decreased the number of gun deaths and gun injuries?

We will never be able to get a valid answer to that question.  Because all we will have to tell us is democrat media and republican media,  and no journalism.

The answers will be available to the competent, as they are today.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

boards of FL wrote:

The answers will be available to the competent, as they are today.  

Let me guess.  The "competent" is anyone who is in agreement with obama and the democrats.  And the incompetent is everybody else.  lol

Exactly what markle would have said except with a slight change in juxtaposition.  lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum