Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Martha Stewart I am Not

+2
2seaoat
ZVUGKTUBM
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Martha Stewart I am Not Empty Martha Stewart I am Not 12/25/2015, 2:20 pm

Laughing Made the most horrific looking pie crust because I forgot to buy one at the store. Made the pecan pie recipe and thought, "Well this doesn't look to bad after all!" Then I realized I left out the butter. So I quickly stirred it in and put the pie in the oven.

My daughter just came into the kitchen and said, "I smell butter."

Might be a new recipe I've created! cheers

2Martha Stewart I am Not Empty Re: Martha Stewart I am Not 12/25/2015, 2:44 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Christmas is such a hassle..... My wife does much of the legwork. Me, I just say "...Just give the bill at the end of the month...."

I once had a coworker who would approach me on Christmas Eve and say "Tomorrow is Christmas!!" I would reply to her "...Christmas is just another day off...."

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

3Martha Stewart I am Not Empty Re: Martha Stewart I am Not 12/25/2015, 3:23 pm

2seaoat

My wife is far from Martha Stewart(except the jail time), but she made this incredible quiche this morning and I loved it. I told her I only wanted half of it so I could have it for lunch. We have steaks for dinner as I will be watching NBA basketball all day.....daughter dropped off my dog's sister, and the two of them celebrated Christmas with a free run on the islands. It is a beautiful thing to see these two year olds run free.

4Martha Stewart I am Not Empty Re: Martha Stewart I am Not 12/25/2015, 4:57 pm

Casualty report from my kitchen:

Pie turned out looking better than I thought it would.

Two steam burned fingers.

More later...

5Martha Stewart I am Not Empty Re: Martha Stewart I am Not 12/25/2015, 6:18 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Bah! Humbug! I can't wait for tomorrow to arrive!~ Razz

6Martha Stewart I am Not Empty Re: Martha Stewart I am Not 12/25/2015, 8:45 pm

RealLindaL

SW sorry about the steamed fingers but I'm  betting your pecan pie was way better than ours.  We bought ours yesterday at Publix to have with Christmas dinner, because we were too lazy ro make our own. The crust was beautiful, I will say -- and in fact I usually have high praise for most Publix bakery items -- but there was something wrong with the pie filling itself.  Not an "off" flavor, per se, just "different," hubby and I agreed. and not really very good/ not worth the calories.  

Maybe they forgot the butter.

I'll call them tomorrow and see if anyone else commented.

7Martha Stewart I am Not Empty Re: Martha Stewart I am Not 12/25/2015, 9:57 pm

We are just too full to try the pie. It looked better coming out of the oven than going in.

8Martha Stewart I am Not Empty Re: Martha Stewart I am Not 12/25/2015, 10:31 pm

Vikingwoman

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Bah! Humbug! I can't wait for tomorrow to arrive!~ Razz

You and me both,Z! I despise X-mas to it's very core. I hate the shopping, the tree putting up,the wrapping, the cooking and the exhaustion afterwards. I want someone else to take over this job and no ones volunteering.

9Martha Stewart I am Not Empty Re: Martha Stewart I am Not 12/25/2015, 11:11 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I was excited all day.....Christmas gifts were a hit with my kids and grandkids.....I love the hugs and hearing the whisper " I got everything I wanted, thank you". 

Dinner was great and it was a group effort....We were able to break and watch the Warriors beat the Cavs.

The highlight was being serenaded by my kids singing Hello along with the new Adele CD. 

Just got a FaceTime with youngest grandson to show us his neon lighted track and cars we gave him....awesome!

I did turn down a pool tournament at my son's house going on now.....too tired.

10Martha Stewart I am Not Empty Re: Martha Stewart I am Not 12/26/2015, 12:29 am

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

We actually had a crowd; 14 people crammed into the living room. It was nice, and my wife will crash deeply tonight, I am sure. I am glad it is over. Looking forward to some good football next week, then mapping out a plan to steer my family through 2016.

11Martha Stewart I am Not Empty Re: Martha Stewart I am Not 12/26/2015, 9:29 am

No cooking required after Christmas. Plenty of leftovers!

12Martha Stewart I am Not Empty Re: Martha Stewart I am Not 12/26/2015, 8:18 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

RealLindaL wrote:SW sorry about the steamed fingers but I'm  betting your pecan pie was way better than ours.  We bought ours yesterday at Publix to have with Christmas dinner, because we were too lazy ro make our own. The crust was beautiful, I will say -- and in fact I usually have high praise for most Publix bakery items -- but there was something wrong with the pie filling itself.  Not an "off" flavor, per se, just "different," hubby and I agreed. and not really very good/ not worth the calories.  

Maybe they forgot the butter.

I'll call them tomorrow and see if anyone else commented.

I have completely sworn off Publix baked goods. I bought some crescent rolls on Thanksgiving...they tasted funny...I read the label. Then I left them on the table in their plastic container until YESTERDAY, when I finally threw them out. They weren't even starting to mold...nothing...still looked like the day I bought them.

13Martha Stewart I am Not Empty Re: Martha Stewart I am Not 12/26/2015, 8:59 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

We had a red velvet cake from Publix for Christmas. ..it was delicious.  I love the Italian 5 grain bread from the bakery and since J's quality went down hill several years ago....all of our birthday cakes come from Publux. 

Never have had a problem.

14Martha Stewart I am Not Empty Re: Martha Stewart I am Not 12/27/2015, 2:44 am

RealLindaL

Didn't call Publix today after all but hubby decided to really heat up the pecan pie in the micro tonight  (last time it was only nominally warmed).  Well, somehow the greater heating really brought out the flavor and it tasted great!  Amazing difference.   Can actually recommend the pie now -- as long as it's heated well.

The other Publix bakery item we've always liked is their fruited Breakfast Bread, which, btw, they'll slice for you upon request.

Guess I'll stay away from the crescent rolls, tho....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum