Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What I'm having for Christmas dinner.

+2
VectorMan
Hospital Bob
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

What I'm having for Christmas dinner. Eggs_b10

VectorMan

VectorMan

Pork Butt
Chicken Cornbread Dressing (no onions)
Italian Green Beans
Mashed Potatoes and Gravy
Cranberry-Walnut-Pineapple-Orange-Apple Fruit Salad with Sour Cream
Carrot Cake & Brownies
Hard Pineapple Ale

YUM-YUM

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

VectorMan wrote:Pork Butt
Italian Green Beans
Carrot Cake & Brownies
Hard Pineapple Ale

YUM-YUM

I could use some of that right now.

VectorMan

VectorMan

Bob wrote:
VectorMan wrote:Pork Butt
Italian Green Beans
Carrot Cake & Brownies
Hard Pineapple Ale

YUM-YUM

I could use some of that right now.

I hear ya.

We had ham and turkey for Thanksgiving so we're going a little non-traditional for Christmas.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Everything on the menu sounds delicious.  I can't do pineapple ale though.  I'm just an old fashioned beer drinker. 
Well at least until I get enough of the old fashioned beer in me.  Then I can drink pineapple ale,  shaving lotion or anything else that can be lit with a match.  lol

I'm doing an old family favorite that my mom always made after church on Sundays.  Roast with rice and gravy.  Assorted veggies and dessert, too.  Probably pecan pie.  Not quite typical Christmas but when I was sharing our old Sunday dinner memory, my husband and daughter said, "Let's do that!"

And so you have it...

VectorMan...why no onions in that chicken/cornbread dressing?  It's required - along with bell pepper.  Laughing

2seaoat

VectorMan...why no onions in that chicken/cornbread dressing? It's required - along with bell pepper. Laughing

I used to love onions in everything twenty years ago, but about 15 years ago I started to have digestive problems with onions, and later my wife did too. We both eat onion free now, but enjoy the flavor of onion....it just does not agree. We have met a great many people who have their food onion free, not by choice but almost an allergic reaction to the same.

Markle

Markle

Bob wrote:What I'm having for Christmas dinner. Eggs_b10

Good one!

Markle

Markle

Standing rib roast, mushrooms, real baked potatoes and whatever.

I wanted lutefisk but was, again, voted down. NO spirit of adventure.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

All the menusame look great....

Can't afford a standing rib roast for 25.

Assorted appetizers

Turkey, dressing and gravy
Ham with pineapple
Mashed potatoes
Sweet potato casserole 
Corn pudding
Squash casserole
Broccoli and cheese
Macaroni and cheese
Green bean casserole
Addy'a stuff (can of cranberries, drained crushed pineapple, pecans, miniature marshmallows,  and cool whip.....

Red Velvet cake
Pumpkin pie
Pecan pie
Assorted cookies

Markle

Markle

Joanimaroni wrote:All the menusame look great....

Can't afford a standing rib roast for 25.

Assorted appetizers

Turkey, dressing and gravy
Ham with pineapple
Mashed potatoes
Sweet potato casserole 
Corn pudding
Squash casserole
Broccoli and cheese
Macaroni and cheese
Green bean casserole
Addy'a stuff (can of cranberries, drained crushed pineapple, pecans, miniature marshmallows,  and cool whip.....

Red Velvet cake
Pumpkin pie
Pecan pie
Assorted cookies

I couldn't afford it for 25 either!

2seaoat

I couldn't afford it for 25 either!

Its great that you do not have a conflict with the spouses of your children which allows you to get everybody together. We get Thanksgiving together with our family, and Christmas is celebrated in our family the Saturday before Christmas as the kids and grandkids spend Christmas day with our kid's spouse's family. We were given a box of gift steaks from Omaha Steaks and will have asparagus, steaks, twice baked potatoes, and like the old days probably watch a wonderful life and be thankful for another year.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:I couldn't afford it for 25 either!

Its great that you do not have a conflict with the spouses of your children which allows you to get everybody together.  We get Thanksgiving together with our family, and Christmas is celebrated in our family the Saturday before Christmas as the kids and grandkids spend Christmas day with our kid's spouse's family.  We were given a box of gift steaks from Omaha Steaks and will have asparagus, steaks, twice baked potatoes, and like the old days probably watch a wonderful life and be thankful for another year.

It is easy Seaoat when we all live in Gulf Breeze and so do the families of the spouses....

We arrange dinner so everyone has time with their family too. All the in laws parents are invited to my house for dinner. Whether they eat with us or not.....they all come by.

Sal

Sal

I'll be in planes and airports all day Christmas day.

When I get where I'm going, I'll be thankful for whatever they're serving.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Salinsky wrote:I'll be in planes and airports all day Christmas day.

When I get where I'm going, I'll be thankful for whatever they're serving.

Have safe flights.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum