Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

"Dem senator: Obama must respond to Iran missile test"

+3
boards of FL
TEOTWAWKI
gatorfan
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

gatorfan

Iran is not to be trusted, Obama did the right thing trying to stop them through diplomacy however Iran will always attempt to circumvent agreements in their never ending effort to assume power throughout the M/E.

"Sen. Chris Coons is pushing the Obama administration to hold Iran accountable over a pair of ballistic missile tests, suggesting it should send a message that the country won't be able to get away with incremental violations of its nuclear deal.

"While these ballistic missile tests are outside of the parameters of the [joint comprehensive plan of action], our response has to be strategic and we have to make sure Iran knows that it can't continue to simply blatantly disregard the international community and the U.N. Security Council," the Democratic senator said."

Rest of article:

http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/senate/263318-dem-senator-obama-must-push-back-against-iran-missile-test

Lol... no chance. The iranians will cheat... the un will cave... while obama and useful idiots will call it a success.

Yea team..!!

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

"Dem senator: Obama must respond to Iran missile test" ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fd2ws0xxnnorfdo.cloudfront
Yes a fitting response...

boards of FL

boards of FL

To date, no alternatives to the Iran deal have been offered by anyone on this forum.  Only empty rhetoric.

https://pensacoladiscussion.forumotion.com/t20672p45-can-any-republican-lay-out-an-alternative-to-the-iran-deal

Forum republicans, feel free to contribute your substantive ideas on this topic.

Or, do what you have always - always - done in the past. Offer empty rhetoric.

It's too late for an alternative. Obama and kerry have set the path for a legitimized nuclear iran.

Save your strawman bs... useful idiot. Do you have anything to offer given the present reality... or just empty rhetoric?

boards of FL

boards of FL

boards of FL wrote:Or, do what you have always - always - done in the past.  Offer empty rhetoric.

PkrBum wrote:It's too late for an alternative. Obama and kerry have set the path for a legitimized nuclear iran.

Save your strawman bs... useful idiot. Do you have anything to offer given the present reality... or just empty rhetoric?

Which is empty rhetoric?

A) Discussion of a present issue and the current events involved.

B) A hypothetical scenario that would only be applicable in the past.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

boards of FL wrote:To date, no alternatives to the Iran deal have been offered by anyone on this forum.  Only empty rhetoric.

https://pensacoladiscussion.forumotion.com/t20672p45-can-any-republican-lay-out-an-alternative-to-the-iran-deal

Forum republicans, feel free to contribute your substantive ideas on this topic.

Or, do what you have always - always - done in the past.  Offer empty rhetoric.

An alternative to the Iran deal.....empty rhetoric? 

This is a forum consisting of a handful of ordinary people. To my knowledge not one member has an advanced  degree in political science nor a defensive warfare background. 

Any thing posted here is nothing more than personal opinions....opinions that you want to personally dissect for a feel superior attitude rather than know what others think.

Get a grip.....

boards of FL

boards of FL

Joanimaroni wrote:
boards of FL wrote:To date, no alternatives to the Iran deal have been offered by anyone on this forum.  Only empty rhetoric.

This is a forum consisting of a handful of ordinary people. To my knowledge not one member has an advanced  degree in political science nor a defensive warfare background. 

Having a substantive opinion that can be communicated coherently is one thing. Saying "Bad ideas fail, comrade" or "Clinton lies!" is empty rhetoric.

If PkrBum doesn't know what good policy with respect to Iran looks like, how can he possibly tell us what bad policy looks like?

The difference is being able to discuss the issue substantively versus repeating talking points that one picks up on fringe media sites and then running away.

That this needs to be explained to you speaks volumes.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

boards of FL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

Having a substantive opinion that can be communicated coherently is one thing.  Saying "Bad ideas fail, comrade" or "Clinton lies!" is empty rhetoric.

If PkrBum doesn't know what good policy with respect to Iran looks like, how can he possibly tell us what bad policy looks like?  

The difference is being able to discuss the issue substantively versus repeating talking points that one picks up on fringe media sites and then running away.

It did not  need to be explained to me....once again you chose to do that for personal gratification.

You are assuming that you know what good policy with Iran looks like based on websites you frequent. So, you are actually arguing over media outlets. Once again it is about personal opinion.

gatorfan

Joanimaroni wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

Having a substantive opinion that can be communicated coherently is one thing.  Saying "Bad ideas fail, comrade" or "Clinton lies!" is empty rhetoric.

It did not  need to be explained to me....once again you chose to do that for personal gratification.

You are assuming that you know what good policy with Iran looks like based on websites you frequent. So, you are actually arguing over media outlets. Once again it is about personal opinion.

Pkrs comment "It's too late for an alternative. Obama and Kerry have set the path for a legitimized nuclear Iran." is pretty clear.

Any adult can understand the statement and also that such statements don't have to consist of 5,000 words of BoFshit. Well, that explains BoFs refusal......

boards of FL

boards of FL

Joanimaroni wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

You say I don't need to explain the difference between a substantive opinion and empty rhetoric to you, and then your very next comment suggests you cannot discern any difference between empty rhetoric and a substantive opinion.  Someone can offer a very substantive, well thought out, well communicated opinion and simply be wrong.  Empty rhetoric and PhD level analysis are not the only two options.  Here again, that this need be explained to you speaks volumes.

Here, I'll dumb it down further.

This is not empty rhetoric (Emerald was asked for an alternative to the Iran deal):

EmeraldGhost wrote:Yeah ... keep the pressure on.   They came to the table once because it was starting to really hurt.   They'll be back with more concessions when it starts to hurt more.

(in any case ... I don't think the Iranian populace in general are a bunch of crazies, they are fairly sane & mostly well-educated compared to some other Middle Eastern countries  .... and especially compared to, say, Pakistan.   It wouldn't be the end of the world if they did manage to develop a few nukes.   The USA & Iran could get along famously with some slight changes in leadership in Iran.)

Also not empty rhetoric (my response to Emerald):

boards of FL wrote:We don't have that luxury.  Our allies are doing us a favor at the expense of their economies in joining us in these Iran sanctions.  We can't expect them (and they won't) to continue on that path indefinitely, particularly if we had a deal right in front of us and walked away.  

Simply staying the course is not an option either.  

The above is called a substantive discussion.  Both myself and Emerald succinctly stated our opinion and qualified that opinion with an explanation.

On the other side of the coin, we have empty rhetoric:

PkrBum wrote:Lol... no chance. The iranians will cheat... the un will cave... while obama and useful idiots will call it a success.

Yea team..!!

And when asked for his opinion on what an alternative would be:

PkrBum wrote:It's too late for an alternative. Obama and kerry have set the path for a legitimized nuclear iran.

This is an example of empty rhetoric.  

Here, I'll give you another as I'm sure you need it.  Wordsligner created a thread that shows us that the forces mentioned in the unredacted Benghazi email were in fact deployed.  PkrBum's response is empty rhetoric:

PkrBum wrote:Does it surprise you when leftist propaganda tells you exactly what you so desperately want to hear and believe?

See that?  That's empty rhetoric.   My response to PkrBum, on the other hand, is not empty rhetoric.  Here it is:

boards of FL wrote:PkrBum, you created this thread (below) which suggests that the DOD offered support on the Benghazi attack, and that offer of support was denied or perhaps ignored and - thus - Clinton lied and people died.  Right?  I mean, that was your intent when you created that thread, wasn't it?

Oddly enough, before you even created that thread, I had already shown you (in this current thread that we are in now) that the very support forces mentioned in the underacted email had in fact been deployed; hence, your entire narrative is complete bullshit.

PkrBum, now that someone has held your hand and dumbed this down for you, you agree that you were wrong, correct?  You agree now that the forces mentioned in the underacted email were in fact deployed, don't you?  And by extension, you agree that you were entirely full of shit when you created this thread (below), don't you?

https://pensacoladiscussion.forumotion.com/t22980-dod-offered-dos-forces-for-benghazi#266793

I realize PkrBum is going to run away as usual,  so do any other republicans want to take this one on or are we done here?  Do any of our forum republicans still not understand what these new series of Benghazi articles are telling us?  Do any other forum republicans need the articles read to them in a dumbed down fashion that is republican-voter-accessible?

See how I'm using facts to actually explain things and make assertions?  That isn't empty rhetoric.

And then here we have PkrBum's response.  More empty rhetoric:

PkrBum wrote:That was all the dos had provided to comply with the foia suit. Why was it redacted? Why was it unredacted?

Just a bunch of political bs imo. Y'all ignore the 1000+ classified emails... and want to play gotcha with one.

Not impressed.

And you're probably asking yourself "But how do we know that PkrBum's rhetoric is empty?  He may very well know what he's talking about."

Well, no.  He doesn't.  Here's proof:

PkrBum's empty rhetoric:

PkrBum wrote:Hillary is more hawkish than any of the pubs. Do you just ignore that? My guess is you'll vote for her and support war.

This is empty because PkrBum isn't capable of even telling you who the "pubs" are.  I think you agree that this is an example of rhetoric, correct?  And if PkrBum can't support any of this, I think you would agree that this is empty as well, correct?  When we put those two together, what do we get?

Another.  This is not empty rhetoric:

boards of FL wrote:OK, Markle.  You obviously cling to this economic data point.  This is your chance to make your case and explain to all of us exactly why it is that you feel the Labor Force Participation rate is the end-all economic data point. You seem to be under the impression that posting the same chart again and again is a valid, substantive entry into any discussion, no matter the topic.  This is your chance to lay out why you feel that is the case.

I'll just go ahead and get this out of the way now to save you the time.  The labor force participation rate:

"Dem senator: Obama must respond to Iran missile test" 20ARCpB

So there it is. This is the holy-grail of all economic data points in Markle-land.   Notice the long rising trend that lasts between the years 1963 and 2000.  Many would attribute that to cultural changes that took hold in the US during that time.  We evolved from a society in which women had a very specific roll - a homemaker - to a society in which women are empowered to gain education and work.  This is just one factor perhaps among many.  That said, Makle likely discounts conventional wisdom and instead has his own theories to explain that increase, and I suspect they're all political.

Also notice the peak in the year 2000 and the subsequent decline.  Some would say the peak was the end of the "dot com" era in which we saw massive gains in productivity in large part due to widespread adoption of computers and the internet in business.  What followed was a steady trend of automation combined with a massive aging cohort (baby boomers) that were reaching retirement age and that began to exit the workforce.  But here again, I'm sure Markle has his own theories and I'm sure they're all based in politics.

So, with that said, the floor is yours, Markle.  Let's hear it.  Tell us all why the labor force participation rate is the end-all economic data point that trumps everything from jobless claims, to GDP, to retail sales, to consumer confidence, to the employment situation.  Enlighten us as to why we see the movements that we do in this data point, which clearly are long long running trends.  

Please proceed, governor....

This, however, is empty rhetoric:

Markle wrote:Progressives can't stand the heat, FACTS on the LABOR FORCE PARTICIPATION thread...magically disappears.  Go figure!

They CANNOT support their argument, so they erase the FACTS.

BOF was so desperate that he, being the only one with the ability, attached his...shall we say misleading...thread to the top of the page.

Grow up kiddies.

One more example for you.  

Empty rhetoric:

Joanimaroni wrote:Hillary lied about her emails.

2seaoat wrote:What did she say which was a lie?

No committee has come to that conclusion, but if you have a quote, I am all ears.

Joanimaroni wrote:Hillary said....“I never sent or received any classified e-mail, nothing marked classified, and I think it will all sort itself out. ....

boards of FL wrote:So what are you seeing that indicates to you that this is a lie?

boards of FL wrote:Were you able to come up with anything or should I just take your word for it?

PkrBum wrote:Which is empty rhetoric?

I guess we have the answer. Bofer has inserted a strawman to divert criticism from the obama/kerry iran nuclear deal and their icbm provocation. He's a truly useful idiot.

boards of FL

boards of FL

PkrBum wrote:

I guess we have the answer. Bofer has inserted a strawman to divert criticism from the obama/kerry iran nuclear deal and their icbm provocation. He's a truly useful idiot.

When someone points out empty rhetoric, the act of pointing that out is not in itself empty rhetoric.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

It's too late for an alternative. Obama and kerry have set the path for a legitimized nuclear iran.

I don't believe this at all. It is funny to see folks from the right worry about Iran becoming a "legitimate" nuclear power.

There is only ONE illegitimate nuclear power in the World, That country is Israel. Until Israel's illegitimate and very large nuclear arsenal is addressed openly, in the sunshine, Israel's enemies are going to want nuclear weapons. Thankfully, the Iran deal curb's that country's program for now.

Heck, even North Korea DECLARED its nuclear weapons. So have India and Pakistan. This leaves Israel as the only rogue nuclear power in the world. Please spare me of rhetoric that Israel "needs" nuclear weapons to defend itself against non-nuclear enemies it has always handily defeated using conventional means.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PkrBum wrote:

International Atomic Energy Agency has no idea what Iran actually has or without sanctions, they can purchase. 

Sal

Sal

Of course, there are extremists ideologues in Iran whose very survival depends on continued conflict, just as there are extremist ideologues in the GOP whose very survival depends on continued conflict.

Both are set on scuttling this agreement, but their efforts must be rebuffed by the more reasonable actors.

Issues will have to be addressed as they arise, but the agreement must be pushed forward.

There is no viable alternative.

Markle

Markle

There is no agreement. How is that so difficult for Progressives to understand. There is no agreement.

Just as with Syria when semi-retired President Obama LAID DOWN A RED LINE IN THE SAND threatening Bashar al Assad that there would be serious consequences if he used chemical weapons. Assad used chemical weapons and President Obama did...?

Iran has flagrantly violated the non-agreement...agreement with the launch two medium range ICBM's. President Obama does nothing.

We have another massive terrorist attack in San Bernardino and President Obama does NOT assure American citizens that he will protect us, he threatens to take our guns leaving us defenseless.

Tuesday was another terrorist attack when LA closed over 900 schools because of an email. The Oval Office...silent. Packing for a multi-million dollar vacation in Hawaii.

Donald Trump is doing so well because we have a...wimp in the oval office who sees the world as HE WISHES IT WAS rather than as it is. That's fine in his role as a college instructor, but NOT as president.

Markle

Markle

Salinsky wrote:Of course, there are extremists ideologues in Iran whose very survival depends on continued conflict, just as there are extremist ideologues in the GOP whose very survival depends on continued conflict.

Both are set on scuttling this agreement, but their efforts must be rebuffed by the more reasonable actors.

Issues will have to be addressed as they arise, but the agreement must be pushed forward.

There is no agreement and if you believe Iran is NOT intent on developing a nuclear weapon, with the full intent to use that weapon, you are living in semi-retired President Obama's fantasy world.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Markle wrote:
Salinsky wrote:Of course, there are extremists ideologues in Iran whose very survival depends on continued conflict, just as there are extremist ideologues in the GOP whose very survival depends on continued conflict.

There is no agreement and if you believe Iran is NOT intent on developing a nuclear weapon, with the full intent to use that weapon, you are living in semi-retired President Obama's fantasy world.

cheers

boards of FL

boards of FL

Markle wrote:

There is no agreement.  How is that so difficult for Progressives to understand.  There is no agreement.

Just as with Syria when semi-retired President Obama LAID DOWN A RED LINE IN THE SAND threatening Bashar al Assad that there would be serious consequences if he used chemical weapons.  Assad used chemical weapons and President Obama did...?

Iran has flagrantly violated the non-agreement...agreement with the launch two medium range ICBM's.  President Obama does nothing.

We have another massive terrorist attack in San Bernardino and President Obama does NOT assure American citizens that he will protect us, he threatens to take our guns leaving us defenseless.

Tuesday was another terrorist attack when LA closed over 900 schools because of an email.  The Oval Office...silent.  Packing for a multi-million dollar vacation in Hawaii.

Donald Trump is doing so well because we have a...wimp in the oval office who sees the world as HE WISHES IT WAS rather than as it is.  That's fine in his role as a college instructor, but NOT as president.

There's that coping mechanism again. "There is no deal! There is no deal!" and then "Iran violated the deal!" Your coping mechanism doesn't even agree with your own coping mechanism's assertions.

Markle, there is a deal. Here is the full text:

http://apps.washingtonpost.com/g/documents/world/full-text-of-the-iran-nuclear-deal/1651/

Regarding the school closure and San Bernadino, what is it exactly that you expect the president to have done by now in response to that? Should we go occupy another country in the middle east?

We're never going to be able to prevent someone from making a bomb threat, and we're likely never going to be able to stop someone from subscribing to idiotic ideas, arming themself, and then going on a killing spree, so I'm not exactly sure what it is that you expect the president to have done by now.

Perhaps you can elaborate on that?

gatorfan

boards of FL wrote:
Markle wrote:

There is no agreement.  How is that so difficult for Progressives to understand.  There is no agreement.

Just as with Syria when semi-retired President Obama LAID DOWN A RED LINE IN THE SAND threatening Bashar al Assad that there would be serious consequences if he used chemical weapons.  Assad used chemical weapons and President Obama did...?

Iran has flagrantly violated the non-agreement...agreement with the launch two medium range ICBM's.  President Obama does nothing.

Tuesday was another terrorist attack when LA closed over 900 schools because of an email.  The Oval Office...silent.  Packing for a multi-million dollar vacation in Hawaii.

Donald Trump is doing so well because we have a...wimp in the oval office who sees the world as HE WISHES IT WAS rather than as it is.  That's fine in his role as a college instructor, but NOT as president.

There's that coping mechanism again.  "There is no deal!  There is no deal!" and then "Iran violated the deal!"  Your coping mechanism doesn't even agree with your own coping mechanism's assertions.

Markle, there is a deal.  Here is the full text:

http://apps.washingtonpost.com/g/documents/world/full-text-of-the-iran-nuclear-deal/1651/

Regarding the school closure and San Bernadino, what is it exactly that you expect the president to have done by now in response to that?  Should we go occupy another country in the middle east?  

We're never going to be able to prevent someone from making a bomb threat, and we're likely never going to be able to stop someone from subscribing to idiotic ideas, arming themself, and then going on a killing spree, so I'm not exactly sure what it is that you expect the president to have done by now.  

Since the people from your tribe blame Bush for the 9/11 attacks by well-financed and trained suicidal fanatics how would you have prevented them? Or are the rules different?

boards of FL

boards of FL

gatorfan wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Markle wrote:

There's that coping mechanism again.  "There is no deal!  There is no deal!" and then "Iran violated the deal!"  Your coping mechanism doesn't even agree with your own coping mechanism's assertions.

Regarding the school closure and San Bernadino, what is it exactly that you expect the president to have done by now in response to that?  Should we go occupy another country in the middle east?  

Since the people from your tribe blame Bush for the 9/11 attacks by well-financed and trained suicidal fanatics how would you have prevented them? Or are the rules different?

We'll never know if the 9/11 terror attacks could have been prevented. What we can say, however, is that the Bush administration came into office and immediately shifted focus and priority to a missile defense shield. Democrats voiced opposition to that policy in stating that terrorism, not missiles coming from sovereign nations with a clear return address, are our greatest threat - and they were correct in that assertion. Clearly, the republican's defense priorities were less than optimal at best. Incompetent or serving only the MIC's financial statements at worst. Also, perhaps the president shouldn't have spent entire months on vacation during his first year on the job - ignoring various warning signs and advice from the intelligence community.

But beyond that, the 9/11 terror attacks were likely planned and practiced for years. That is a considerably different type of threat in comparison to a kid spontaneously firing off an email or some certifiable wacko spontaneously walking into a Planned Parenthood clinic and shooting employees after watching the GOP debates.

That you compare the two in the sense of presidential liability suggests that your internal faculties are sorely lacking.

gatorfan

boards of FL wrote:
gatorfan wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Markle wrote:

We'll never know if the 9/11 terror attacks could have been prevented.  What we can say, however, is that the Bush administration came into office and immediately shifted focus and priority to a missile defense shield.  Democrats voiced opposition to that policy in stating that terrorism, not missiles coming from sovereign nations with a clear return address, are our greatest threat - and they were correct in that assertion.   Clearly, the republican's defense priorities were less than optimal at best.  Incompetent or serving only the MIC's financial statements at worst.  Also, perhaps the president shouldn't have spent entire months on vacation during his first year on the job - ignoring various warning signs and advice from the intelligence community.  

But beyond that, the 9/11 terror attacks were likely planned and practiced for years.  That is a considerably different type of threat in comparison to a  kid spontaneously firing off an email or some certifiable wacko spontaneously walking into a Planned Parenthood clinic and shooting employees after watching the GOP debates.  

That you compare the two in the sense of presidential liability suggests that your internal faculties are sorely lacking.

I knew you wouldn't answer the question. Because you can't, you also fail to understand the "comparison" - regardless of degree. It's virtually impossible to stop a determined attack if the attacker doesn't plan to escape. Your infantile response proves how clueless you really are.

boards of FL

boards of FL

gatorfan wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
gatorfan wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Markle wrote:

We'll never know if the 9/11 terror attacks could have been prevented.  What we can say, however, is that the Bush administration came into office and immediately shifted focus and priority to a missile defense shield.  Democrats voiced opposition to that policy in stating that terrorism, not missiles coming from sovereign nations with a clear return address, are our greatest threat - and they were correct in that assertion.   Clearly, the republican's defense priorities were less than optimal at best.  Incompetent or serving only the MIC's financial statements at worst.  Also, perhaps the president shouldn't have spent entire months on vacation during his first year on the job - ignoring various warning signs and advice from the intelligence community.  

But beyond that, the 9/11 terror attacks were likely planned and practiced for years.  That is a considerably different type of threat in comparison to a  kid spontaneously firing off an email or some certifiable wacko spontaneously walking into a Planned Parenthood clinic and shooting employees after watching the GOP debates.  

I knew you wouldn't answer the question. Because you can't, you also fail to understand the "comparison" - regardless of degree. It's virtually impossible to stop a determined attack if the attacker doesn't plan to escape. Your infantile response proves how clueless you really are.

I directly answered your question.  It is virtually impossible to stop a spontaneous attack from a nut-job.  It is virtually impossible to stop lone wolves like San Bernadino or Fort Hood.  But when an organization like al-Qaeda plans an attack like 9/11 for years, that is considerably different and is much more in the realm of possibility of stopping.  Perhaps if president Bush had made terrorism his chief defense priority instead of a windfall for the MIC - missile defense shield - perhaps we would have been better served on 9/11.  But, there again, we'll never know.  Prior to 9/11, we had intel that effectively told us precisely what was coming and almost when.    We can't say the same about the other examples that you gave.

And I can't believe that you needed further explanation on that.  Well.  I take that back.  Yes I can.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum