Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My wife and I had a pig visit us today

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

I was moving dirt and working on roads over the weekend and I disturbed the ground. We seeded the areas with a rye and hope to green things up this winter. Well my wife was using the electric chainsaw to trim some branches as I had just finished cutting some existing grassy areas with the lawn mower when she signals me to come over.

This cute little black pig was wiggling its tail as she was really happy to see us as she was grubbing around in the newly turned soil. As we talked with it, her tail started wagging faster. She kept coming up to the car wanting attention from our dog, so we let our dog out, and she goes..........whoooooooaaa.....WTF is that...and jumps back into the car. The pig just kept wagging her tail and circling the car.

She came back after dark when the laser works much better and started grubbing some more. She likes female voices and really wags her tail when my wife talks to her. We figure some neighbor has the pig, but it looks like it might be pregnant, and it was out in the road. Some people stopped and tried to coax her off the road, but she would have none of that and the people gave up......a stubborn pig....who would have though. My wife and I are going to pass on bacon Wed morning at the waffle house......she has a new friend.

2seaoat

Our lady pig was back today grubbing around, and some neighbors came over and told us they thought it was ours and wondered how we fit it in the car......not our pig....cute is hell, but I am not taking her home with me.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Post a pic.

Yella

Yella

2seaoat wrote:I was moving dirt and working on roads over the weekend and I disturbed the ground.  We seeded the areas with a rye and hope to green things up this winter.   Well my wife was using the electric chainsaw to trim some branches as I had just finished cutting some existing grassy areas with the lawn mower when she signals me to come over.  

This cute little black pig was wiggling its tail as she was really happy to see us as she was grubbing around in the newly turned soil.  As we talked with it, her tail started wagging faster.  She kept coming up to the car wanting attention from our dog, so we let our dog out, and she goes..........whoooooooaaa.....WTF is that...and jumps back into the car.   The pig just kept wagging her tail and circling the car.  

She came back after dark when the laser works much better and started grubbing some more.  She likes female voices and really wags her tail when my wife talks to her.  We figure some neighbor has the pig, but it looks like it might be pregnant, and it was out in the road.   Some people stopped and tried to coax her off the road, but she would have none of that and the people gave up......a stubborn pig....who would have though.  My wife and I are going to pass on bacon Wed morning at the waffle house......she has a new friend.

That sounds like Bob's pig that strayed from his patio a couple days ago. She is a Republic of China pig not to be confused with the lowly Vietnamese pot bellied pig. Bob had to have only the finest pig on his patio.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Yella wrote:

That sounds like Bob's pig that strayed from his patio a couple days ago. She is a Republic of China pig not to be confused with the lowly Vietnamese pot bellied pig. Bob had to have only the finest pig on his patio.

I've been looking far and wide for one at the yard sales.  The $242 retail price gives me sticker shock...

http://www.lawnornamentsandfountains.com/11inlayingdownpigstatue-1.aspx

2seaoat

My wife and I had a pig visit us today Pig10I will post tonight or in the morning a photo of elsie....the name my wife gave the pig.

Sal

Sal

That's some grip.

Puts a mountain goat to shame.

2seaoat

The funny thing is that she likes women. She is ok with a man, but if the man tries to force her in one direction or another, she gets piszed and starts grunting and challenging the man. My neighbor was worried about the pig wandering into the road and getting hit by a car, or somebody stopping and shooting it. The best part is for two days the neighbor thought we were bringing the pig to the property, and wondered how the pig fit in the Prius.......we laughed.....but then thought about it.......it is kinda what a florida man would do.....ride around with a pig, so I guess the neighbor who is a retired fireman has seen too many florida man situations.

Sal

Sal

We have a lot of them around here.

They can be mean as hell.

Don't try to corner her.

They can completely destroy a baseball field in one night.

2seaoat

They can completely destroy a baseball field in one night.

I can see that....she is grubbing around now and making a mess of my seeded area.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum