Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Surprisingly GOOD NEWS! Bowe Bergdahl faces desertion charge in court martial for walking off post

+4
Vikingwoman
Sal
TEOTWAWKI
Markle
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Markle

Markle

Vikingwoman wrote:
Markle wrote:
Salinsky wrote:I have no problem with the prosecution.

What was really obscene was the suggestion that he should have been left in captivity with the enemy.

The same assholes who drape themselves with the flag and brag about how much they "support the troops" turning around and insisting some troops don't deserve to come home at all.

That's sickening.

He gave up being an American troop when he deserted and chose to give support to the enemy.

desertion

See definition in Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary

Military The action of illegally leaving the armed forces:
three officers were shot for desertion

These are the charges.

The U.S. Army Forces Command charged Bergdahl on March 25 with "desertion with intent to shirk important or hazardous duty" and "misbehavior before the enemy by endangering the safety of a command, unit or place."

These are deadly serious charges which cost the lives of his fellow soldiers.  My only regret is that the death penalty is not on the table.  I would eagerly serve on the firing squad.

To have traded a deserter for five of the top al Qaeda terrorist leaders is criminal.  One of the released terrorists has already rejoined his leadership role and is intent on killing more Americans.

How would you explain to the relatives and loved ones of those killed searching for Bergdahl and for those killed, down the road, by those high ranking terrorists released by semi-relative President was a grand idea.

Mr. Bethea wrote that of the six men killed in August and September, two died in a roadside bombing while on a reconnaissance mission, a third was shot during a search for a Taliban political leader and three others were killed while conducting patrols — two in an ambush and one who stepped on a mine.

He suggested some connection to Sergeant Bergdahl for several of the deaths, saying the Taliban leader and a village that was in the area of one of the patrols were “thought affiliated with Bergdahl’s captors.” He also said a village in the areas of the other patrol was “near the area where Bergdahl vanished.”

Still, those villages and insurgents were in the overall area of responsibility for the soldiers, and the logs make clear that the region was an insurgent hotbed. A log on May 21, 2009, for example, said it had historically been a “safe haven” for the Taliban.

A retired senior American military officer, who was briefed at the time on the search for Sergeant Bergdahl, said that even though soldiers were instructed to watch for signs of the missing American, they would have been conducting patrols and performing risky operations anyway.

http://crooksandliars.com/2014/06/were-six-soldiers-really-killed-because

From one of, if not the most left wing cable news sites, CNN.

Fellow soldiers call Bowe Bergdahl a deserter, not a hero
By Jake Tapper, CNN
Updated 8:13 PM ET, Wed June 4, 2014

[...]

Many soldiers on the ground at the time said insurgents were able to take advantage of the intense search for Bergdahl.

"A huge thing in-country is not building patterns. Well when you are looking for a person every day that creates a pattern. While searching for him, ambushes and IEDs picked up tremendously. Enemy knew we would be coming. IEDs started being placed more effectively in the coming weeks. Ambushes were more calculated, cover and concealment was used," Full tweeted.

On August 18, 2009, Staff Sgt. Clayton Bowen and Pfc. Morris Walker were killed by an IED in the search for Bergdahl. Staff Sgt. Kurt Curtiss was killed on August 26; 2nd Lt. Darryn Andrews and Pfc. Matthew Michael Martinek were killed after being attacked in Yahya Khail District on September 4; Staff Sgt. Michael Murphrey was killed September 5 by an IED at the Forward Operating Base, Sharana.

Moreover, other operations were put on hold while the search for Bergdahl was made a top priority, according to officers who served in Afghanistan during that time. Manpower and assets -- such as scarce surveillance drones and helicopters -- were redirected to the hunt. The lack of assets is one reason the closure of a dangerous combat outpost, COP Keating, was delayed. Eight soldiers were killed at COP Keating before it was ultimately closed.

One soldier with the 509th Regiment, a sister unit of the 501st, told CNN that after Bergdahl disappeared, the U.S. Army essentially was told to lock down the entire province of Paktika. He described sitting in the middle of a field with his platoon, vulnerable, with capabilities and personnel mismanaged throughout the region. Different platoons ran out of water, food and ammunition.

Two mortarmen -- Pvt. Aaron Fairbairn and Pfc. Justin Casillas -- were killed in a July 4, 2009, attack.

"It was unbelievable," the soldier said. "All because of the selfish act of one person. The amount of animosity (toward him) is nothing like you've ever seen before."

That Bergdahl was freed in an exchange for five detainees at Guantanamo Bay is a further source of consternation.

"I don't understand why we're trading prisoners at Gitmo for somebody who deserted during a time of war, which is an act of treason," Vierkant said.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/01/us/bergdahl-deserter-or-hero/index.html

nadalfan

Joanimaroni wrote:
boards of FL wrote:Let's see.  Markle, PkrBum, TEO, and Joani.  Yep.  I think that's it.

Ahem.  You all miserable shitbags of human beings.  

And I mean that with the utmost sincerity.  Seriously.

Lol...feel better?

I can see where you would have feelings for a traitor that walked away from his post.

I doubt he feels better. You aren't the best spokespeople for humanity. Fortunately, I realize there aren't as many of you as you think there are.

Regarding Berdahl, there are a couple of ways to see things. One, you people honestly think a young man who volunteered to go fight and either wanted to correct some wrongs or lost his way deserves to live the rest of his life as a Taliban prisoner. This isn't Hollywood, not all soldiers are Rambo. And ALL soldiers deserve to come home, and if they need to, face an American justice system, not left to rot in the hands of the enemy.
Or second, you sadly believe you are scoring political points against Obama. Think about it...you're using the fate of another human being's life for political gain.
Either way, I'd say Board's assessment is accurate.

Markle

Markle

nadalfan wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
boards of FL wrote:Let's see.  Markle, PkrBum, TEO, and Joani.  Yep.  I think that's it.

Lol...feel better?

I can see where you would have feelings for a traitor that walked away from his post.

I doubt he feels better.  You aren't the best spokespeople for humanity.  Fortunately, I realize there aren't as many of you as you think there are.

Regarding Berdahl, there are a couple of ways to see things.  One, you people honestly think a young man who volunteered to go fight and either wanted to correct some wrongs or lost his way deserves to live the rest of his life as a Taliban prisoner.  This isn't Hollywood, not all soldiers are Rambo.  And ALL soldiers deserve to come home, and if they need to, face an American justice system, not left to rot in the hands of the enemy.

Or second, you sadly believe you are scoring political points against Obama. Think about it...you're using the fate of another human being's life for political gain.

He is a deserter and only deserves to be treated as a deserter. He certainly should not have been traded for five top al Qaeda terrorists, hand picked by al Qaeda.

What do you say to the family and loved ones of those killed or injured searching for his sorry behind?

Hopefully he will be given a long time to consider their lives in Leavenworth Kansas where he will soon be forgotten.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

From what I have read the dude went crazy....give him to nurse Ratched and he will forget soon enough how to tie his socks...Mental health facilities are much scarier than prison. Firing squad's are so messy. Twisted Evil

Surprisingly GOOD NEWS!  Bowe Bergdahl faces desertion charge in court martial for walking off post - Page 2 ?u=http%3A%2F%2F1.bp.blogspot.com%2F-iZ9dN-6cOoM%2FUbKU4MX24tI%2FAAAAAAAACS4%2Fxbg-oTzbqz0%2Fs200%2FNurse%252520Ratched

boards of FL

boards of FL

Markle wrote:What do you say to the family and loved ones of those killed or injured searching for his sorry behind?

What do you say to Bergdahl and his family?

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Vikingwoman wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

Lol...feel better?

Where was he a traitor? He was a POW for 5 years tortured and starved. Do you not even have the decency to find out the truth before you condemn someone as a traitor? The Army hasn't charged him as a traitor. Why do you think you know more?

He left a note stating he wanted to start a new life and renounce  his citizenship. He then walked off his post. He deserted his unit in a combat zone. Bergdahl admitted this in front of his lawyer after being read his roghts. 

Now, how do you think he managed to stay alive for 5 years while OTHERS captured by the Taliban were decapitated?

The USMJ will court martial him for desertion.  He will spend a lot of time in Leavenworth. 

My opinion.....he is a traitor and a deserter.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

nadalfan wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

Lol...feel better?

I doubt he feels better.  You aren't the best spokespeople for humanity.  Fortunately, I realize there aren't as many of you as you think there are.

Regarding Berdahl, there are a couple of ways to see things.  One, you people honestly think a young man who volunteered to go fight and either wanted to correct some wrongs or lost his way deserves to live the rest of his life as a Taliban prisoner.  This isn't Hollywood, not all soldiers are Rambo.  And ALL soldiers deserve to come home, and if they need to, face an American justice system, not left to rot in the hands of the enemy.
Or second, you sadly believe you are scoring political points against Obama.  Think about it...you're using the fate of another human being's life for political gain.

No, this is not Hollywood and Bergdahl's desire, according to Bergdahl,  to be like Jason Bourne doesn'the justify his desertion.

I don't consider desertion to be a tearful sympathetic situation for Bergdahl. He willingly walked away from his post  in a combat zone and that could have been deadly for his unit.

If that is inhumane, so be it.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

If this were a real war he could have been summarily executed...Desertion on the battle field can be dealt with by summary execution.

899. ARTICLE 99. MISBEHAVIOR BEFORE THE ENEMY
10. Punitive Articles

Any person subject to this chapter who before or in the presence of the enemy–

(1) runs away;

(2) shamefully abandons, surrenders, or delivers up any command, unit, place, or military property which it is his duty to defend;

(3) through disobedience, neglect, or intentional misconduct endangers the safety of any such command, unit, place, or military property;

(4) casts away his arms or ammunition;

(5) is guilty of cowardly conduct;

(6) quits his place of duty to plunder or pillage;

(7) causes false alarms in any command, unit, or place under control of the armed forces;

(Cool willfully fails to do his utmost to encounter, engage, capture, or destroy any enemy troops, combatants, vessels, aircraft, or any other thing, which it is his duty so to encounter, engage, capture, or destroy; or

(9) does not afford all practicable relief and assistance to any troops, combatants, vessels, or aircraft of the armed forces belonging to the United States or their allies when engaged in battle;

shall be punished by death or such punishment as a court- martial may direct.

Markle

Markle

boards of FL wrote:
Markle wrote:What do you say to the family and loved ones of those killed or injured searching for his sorry behind?

What do you say to Bergdahl and his family?

You need to be looking for an apartment near Leavenworth Kansas if you wish to visit the deserter you raised on a regular basis.

Vikingwoman

Joanimaroni wrote:
Vikingwoman wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

Lol...feel better?

Where was he a traitor? He was a POW for 5 years tortured and starved. Do you not even have the decency to find out the truth before you condemn someone as a traitor? The Army hasn't charged him as a traitor. Why do you think you know more?

He left a note stating he wanted to start a new life and renounce  his citizenship. He then walked off his post. He deserted his unit in a combat zone. Bergdahl admitted this in front of his lawyer after being read his roghts. 

Now, how do you think he managed to stay alive for 5 years while OTHERS captured by the Taliban were decapitated?

The USMJ will court martial him for desertion.  He will spend a lot of time in Leavenworth. 

Where did you get this from? He has never spoken about any of it until recently only to say why he left. I've never heard of any such note or anything like it. Somebody made that up and you believe it.

Vikingwoman

"A former senior military officer briefed on the investigation into Bergdahl's disappearance said that on the night he went missing, Bergdahl left a note in his tent that said he was leaving to start a new life.[21] It was reported that the letter said that Bergdahl wanted to renounce his citizenship.[22] According to Senator Saxby Chambliss, the White House said there was no note during a meeting with Congress on the release of Bergdahl.[23]"

This is all propaganda and lies made up by various people including Bergdahl's unit members. You people believe every friggin lie you read.

Markle

Markle

Vikingwoman wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Vikingwoman wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

Lol...feel better?

Where did you get this from? He has never spoken about any of it until recently only to say why he left. I've never heard of any such note or anything like it. Somebody made that up and you believe it.

Of course you've never heard of such a note. That's because it has been in every real news article about him from day one.

Are you really this misinformed and eager to display that lack of knowledge or do you work at it hoping it will distract from the TRUTH?

Revealed: Bowe Bergdahl left letter telling comrades at Afghan base he was 'leaving to start new life and didn't want to fight for America' as Army announces he DOES face desertion charges

The New York Times reported Bergdahl also left behind a note in which he said he did not want to fight for America any more, did not believe in the war - and was leaving to start a new life.

The letter to his comrades was separate from the email he sent to his parents before he sent his goods home to them, wherein he wrote: 'life is way too short to care for the damnation of others, as well as to spend it helping fools with their ideas that are wrong.... I am ashamed to even be (A)merican.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2647397/Revealed-Bowe-Bergdahl-left-note-comrades-telling-leaving-start-new-life-Army-general-says-faces-desertion-charges.html#ixzz3uX6IevLH
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Markle

Markle

Vikingwoman wrote:"A former senior military officer briefed on the investigation into Bergdahl's disappearance said that on the night he went missing, Bergdahl left a note in his tent that said he was leaving to start a new life.[21] It was reported that the letter said that Bergdahl wanted to renounce his citizenship.[22] According to Senator Saxby Chambliss, the White House said there was no note during a meeting with Congress on the release of Bergdahl.[23]"

This is all propaganda and lies made up by various people including Bergdahl's unit members. You people believe every friggin lie you read.

Thank you profusely for having gone out of your way to illustrate who believes every "friggin" lie they read.

"The White House said"...is that REALLY all you have? Please remember who received the liar of the year award for 2014. And that's where you hang your hat for integrity and honesty...whew.

Vikingwoman

http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/29/politics/bowe-bergdahl-defense-disputed-by-platoon/index.html

Bergdahl was not a traitor and did not leave a note. Lies told and investigated by the Army to be found false. Nuff said, morons.

Vikingwoman wrote:http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/29/politics/bowe-bergdahl-defense-disputed-by-platoon/index.html

Bergdahl was not a traitor and did not leave a note. Lies told and investigated by the Army to be found false. Nuff said, morons.

You didn't read that... did you? Unless you're just playing semantics... you're dense.

Vikingwoman

You're a moron just like the rest. You believe every false story you read. The Army found no note, no traitoring, no seeking out the enemy. It's all bullshit made up by "sources and unsubstantiated opinions. You're too dumb to ferret out the truth.

Vikingwoman wrote:You're a moron just like the rest. You believe every false story you read. The Army found no note, no traitoring, no seeking out the enemy. It's all bullshit made up by "sources and unsubstantiated opinions. You're too dumb to ferret out the truth.

" Washington (CNN)—U.S. troops who served alongside Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl on the day he disappeared told CNN that the emerging "whistleblower" defense being prepared for him makes no sense.

Bergdahl's lawyer is making the case that Bergdahl left his post on foot to report his unit for troubling behavior, but his fellow troops say the platoon was already scheduled to drive back to their Forward Operating Base, or FOB, just hours after his disappearance.

READ: Army report says Bergdahl intended to walk to nearest base

"We were literally going back to the FOB Sharana the next day," then-Sgt. Evan Buetow, Bergdahl's team leader, told CNN. "If for whatever reason Bergdahl had complaints, he could have brought them to the attention of senior officers before our five-day mission, or easily could have waited a few more hours till we returned to the FOB."

Then-Specialist Josh Cornelison, the platoon medic, said the base was "a lengthy drive away from" Observation Post Mest, where Bergdahl was last seen by his fellow troops.

"And he wanted to walk back? Knowing full well how many times we'd been blown up on the way there and back? Everyone knew bad dudes were around and watching us move to and from OP Mest," Cornelison said.

The U.S. Army has yet to make public the investigative report into Bergdahl's disappearance, but on March 25 Bergdahl's defense attorney, Eugene Fidell, released a letter sent to Gen. Mark Milley, the commanding general at U.S. Army Forces Command at Fort Bragg. Milley last Wednesday announced his ruling that Bergdahl would face a potential court martial for desertion and misbehavior before the enemy."

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

In his note, Sgt Bergdahl’s wrote that he had become disillusioned with the Army and no longer supported the US mission in the war-torn country. He was leaving to start a new life, he said, reports The New York Times.

Lots of reputable news sites say he left a note...do you have secret sources...?

Vikingwoman

TEOTWAWKI wrote:In his note, Sgt Bergdahl’s wrote that he had become disillusioned with the Army and no longer supported the US mission in the war-torn country. He was leaving to start a new life, he said, reports The New York Times.

Lots of reputable news sites say he left a note...do you have secret sources...?

Yeah, it's called common sense. If he was going to use the defense he is now he wouldn't be able to because he wrote that note and the Army has it. But the truth is there was no note and the note you're referring to was an email he sent to his father a while ago. Read my lips-there was no note. It was made up like lots of stuff reported in the press.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Vikingwoman wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:In his note, Sgt Bergdahl’s wrote that he had become disillusioned with the Army and no longer supported the US mission in the war-torn country. He was leaving to start a new life, he said, reports The New York Times.

Yeah, it's called common sense. If he was going to use the defense he is now he wouldn't be able to because he wrote that note and the Army has it. But the truth is there was no note and the note you're referring to was an email he sent to his father a while ago. Read my lips-there was no note. It was made up like lots of stuff reported in the press.

How about his desire to be like Jason Bourne?

Markle

Markle

Vikingwoman wrote:

Why then are the charges so sever?

Guess we'll find out when the trial is over.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum