Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cherry Blossoms are blooming in DC in December

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

The weather is separate than climate change, but my goodness it has been warm. I am not used to be hot this time of the year when doing outside work. Tornado in December....oh my.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://gothamist.com/2010/12/03/cherry_blossom_trees_in_bloom_in_de.php

Usually we don't see cherry blossoms until April or May in these parts... but today the Brooklyn Botanic Garden is reporting that some of their cherry trees are in bloom right now. Yes, in December!

BBG's Japanese Hill-and-Pond curator Brian Funke explained that "while it's common for the everblooming cherry and the autumn-flowering cherry to be blooming in December, it is a bit irregular for Prunus to have so many blossoms." Usually these trees will bloom in December only if a cold spell is followed by warm weather. He notes that weather permitting, "the blossoming should continue throughout the weekend and into next week." So get ahead of the spring time rush!

2seaoat

Duh......the cherry trees in DC are not Autumn blooming, and that is why it is unusual.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I remember the same thing happened back in the 70s and they made a big deal about it...

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Duh......the cherry trees in DC are not Autumn blooming, and that is why it is unusual.

This is Winter, not Autumn.

Wrong forum too, this is not political.

Cherry trees bloom...vote now!

2seaoat

Again Mr. Markle if I could give you a few strokes....well I would. This decline is sad. It is still autumn, and on December 21st it will be the commencement of Winter. It used to be grade school kids learned this. In regard to why this is in the political thread.....well, again....I cannot give you any strokes.....I am sorry this is difficult for you. santa

boards of FL

boards of FL

Markle wrote:
2seaoat wrote:Duh......the cherry trees in DC are not Autumn blooming, and that is why it is unusual.

Wrong forum too, this is not political.

Cherry trees bloom...vote now!

Good god, man. Seriously. Your rocking chair is over there. Time to hang it up.

Cherry Blossoms are blooming in DC in December Bonbon-dbfbe36b2ab7e3e46f8bdbc19fcc3ada

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum