Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pew Study: Middle Class Declining, No Longer Majority ANOTHER RECORD FOR SEMI-RETIRED PRESIDENT OBAMA!

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Markle

Markle

ANOTHER RECORD FOR SEMI-RETIRED PRESIDENT OBAMA!

Pew Study: Middle Class Declining, No Longer Majority

by TONY LEE 9 Dec 2015
The middle class in America is declining and no longer constitutes a majority under President Barack Obama, according to a Pew Research study, which found that “after more than four decades of serving as the nation’s economic majority, the American middle class is now matched in number by those in the economic tiers above and below it.”

Pew found that the “share of American adults living in middle-income households has fallen from 61% in 1971 to 50% in 2015. The share living in the upper-income tier rose from 14% to 21% over the same period. Meanwhile, the share in the lower-income tier increased from 25% to 29%.”

According to the study that was released on Wednesday, “married adults (both with and without children at home) are more likely than unmarried adults to live in upper-income households and less likely to be in lower-income households” and white and Asians “are more likely than black and Hispanic adults to be in the upper-income tier, and they are less likely to be in the lower-income tier.” But “over the longer term, black adults sustained the largest increase in income status from 1971 to 2015 and were the only major racial or ethnic group to experience a decline in their lower-income share.”

[...]

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/12/09/pew-study-middle-class-declining-no-longer-majority/

boards of FL

boards of FL

This middle class has been on the decline since the 80s due to a combination of outsourcing, automation, and a series of regressive tax cuts that have lead to gross income redistribution. Sanders and Clinton, as well as other democrats, have offered an array of policies meant to address this problem.

Markle, what policies are republicans offering to address this?

Markle

Markle

boards of FL wrote:This middle class has been on the decline since the 80s due to a combination of outsourcing, automation, and a series of regressive tax cuts that have lead to gross income redistribution.  Sanders and Clinton, as well as other democrats, have offered an array of policies meant to address this problem.  

You simply need to watch something other than the Progressive media to find that information out.

Bernie Sanders has promised to solve the problem by SPENDING ANOTHER $18 TRILLION in the next 10 years giving away stuff.

Hillary Clinton has promised to spend $1 TRILLION

What do they plan to do to slash the $20 TRILLION DEBT they will be handed by semi-retired President Obama?

Please show me where taxes have been reduced during the administration of semi-retired President Obama.

What taxes have increased since Obamacare went into effect?  Any?  LOTS?

boards of FL

boards of FL

Markle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:This middle class has been on the decline since the 80s due to a combination of outsourcing, automation, and a series of regressive tax cuts that have lead to gross income redistribution.  Sanders and Clinton, as well as other democrats, have offered an array of policies meant to address this problem.  

You simply need to watch something other than the Progressive media to find that information out.

Bernie Sanders has promised to solve the problem by SPENDING ANOTHER $18 TRILLION in the next 10 years giving away stuff.  

What do they plan to do to slash the $20 TRILLION DEBT they will be handed by semi-retired President Obama?

Please show me where taxes have been reduced during the administration of semi-retired President Obama.

The question to you, Markle, was what policies are republicans offering in order to address this problem?   Do you not know the answer here?  It's OK to say simply say "I don't know."   Hell, I don't know what the answer to that question is either.  I'm not aware of any policies being offered by republicans that are intended to address the gross redistribution of income that we have seen take hold over the last several decades.  I'm not even aware of any republicans who see this as a problem.  This is why I'm asking you - forum republican - what policies are republicans offering to address this problem that you just created a thread about?

Also, when I referred to the "series of regressive tax cuts", I'm obviously referring to aggressive reductions that we have seen in top tier income tax rates over the last four decades.  

These tax cuts (below).  Notice how the top tier tax rates have been reduced sharply whereas the taxes on lowest wage earners have remained relatively the same or are today only slightly lower relative to the cuts we see for the top earners; hence regressive tax cuts.:

Pew Study: Middle Class Declining, No Longer Majority    ANOTHER RECORD FOR SEMI-RETIRED PRESIDENT OBAMA! Historical_Marginal_Tax_Rate_for_Highest_and_Lowest_Income_Earners

I don't know off hand which taxes outside of regular income taxes have changed during the Obama administration.  If you have that info, feel free to provide and then state your point.

Or, you could always do what you - and every other republican - do on this forum every day...

Pew Study: Middle Class Declining, No Longer Majority    ANOTHER RECORD FOR SEMI-RETIRED PRESIDENT OBAMA! Run-forrest-run-o

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Boards, the Republican plan is to (1) cut any progressive welfare programs they can get away with, (2) throw any money they can save from doing #1 at defense/MIC contractors, and to make our already big military even bigger; (3) start new wars in the Middle East or elsewhere; (4) run whatever deficit is necessary to fund their schemes, and (4) spend the ensuing years blaming Obama for "forcing" them to go these routes.

They have no real plans for addressing any of the 'straw-man' arguments semi-demented poster Markle stated in his second post on this thread.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Nobody doubts that big corporations and their bloodsucking leaders, with their lobbyists and campaign financing, have brought about the legislation over the last thirty years which is decimating the middle class while lining the pockets of the ultra rich. Our economy is rigged.

Blaming Obama for it all, is like blaming Paula Dean for American obesity.

boards of FL

boards of FL

boards of FL wrote:
Markle wrote:

The question to you, Markle, was what policies are republicans offering in order to address this problem?   Do you not know the answer here?  It's OK to say simply say "I don't know."   Hell, I don't know what the answer to that question is either.  I'm not aware of any policies being offered by republicans that are intended to address the gross redistribution of income that we have seen take hold over the last several decades.  I'm not even aware of any republicans who see this as a problem.  This is why I'm asking you - forum republican - what policies are republicans offering to address this problem that you just created a thread about?

Also, when I referred to the "series of regressive tax cuts", I'm obviously referring to aggressive reductions that we have seen in top tier income tax rates over the last four decades.  

These tax cuts (below).  Notice how the top tier tax rates have been reduced sharply whereas the taxes on lowest wage earners have remained relatively the same or are today only slightly lower relative to the cuts we see for the top earners; hence regressive tax cuts.:

Pew Study: Middle Class Declining, No Longer Majority    ANOTHER RECORD FOR SEMI-RETIRED PRESIDENT OBAMA! Historical_Marginal_Tax_Rate_for_Highest_and_Lowest_Income_Earners

I don't know off hand which taxes outside of regular income taxes have changed during the Obama administration.  If you have that info, feel free to provide and then state your point.

Or, you could always do what you - and every other republican - do on this forum every day...

Pew Study: Middle Class Declining, No Longer Majority    ANOTHER RECORD FOR SEMI-RETIRED PRESIDENT OBAMA! Run-forrest-run-o

Well look at that! Markle ran away! Who would have guessed! I don't think I've ever seen an old person move that fast!

Hey, Ole' Man Markle! Wait! You forgot your...

Pew Study: Middle Class Declining, No Longer Majority    ANOTHER RECORD FOR SEMI-RETIRED PRESIDENT OBAMA! Bonbon-dbfbe36b2ab7e3e46f8bdbc19fcc3ada

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:Nobody doubts that big corporations and their bloodsucking leaders, with their lobbyists and campaign financing, have brought about the legislation over the last thirty years which is decimating the middle class while lining the pockets of the ultra rich.  Our economy is rigged.

As you know, semi-retired President Obama's policies are what have cause the problem to worsen.  What has President Obama done to unemployment among blacks?

Massive tax increases these past few years don't seem to be helping and they're going higher next year. So please don't say that tax increases will help.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Markle wrote:What has President Obama done to unemployment among blacks?

That unemployment rate has decreased by 26%

Unemployment rate - Black or African American:

January 2009: 12.7%
November 2015: 9.4%

http://www.bls.gov/cps/#data

What about for the previous republican administration?  It increased by 55%.

Unemployment rate - Black or African American:

January 2001: 8.2%
January 2009: 12.7%

http://www.bls.gov/cps/#data

Oh, and here. Take this before you run away this time.

Pew Study: Middle Class Declining, No Longer Majority    ANOTHER RECORD FOR SEMI-RETIRED PRESIDENT OBAMA! Bonbon-dbfbe36b2ab7e3e46f8bdbc19fcc3ada

Markle

Markle

BoardsofFL why is the black unemployment rate double that of whites?

Speaking of running away, why did you run away from posting all the tax increases the past couple years and next year and for what income group?

2seaoat

This thread is hilarious. Mr. Markle forgets that people ran against President Obama who wanted to further cut the taxes on the wealthy. They lost. However, the damage to the middle class by attacks on labor and giving preference to capital is the the foundation of the Republican Party. To blame President Obama is too funny. I hope I live to November 2016.....the Republicans have lost the senate with a structural election in 2016, but now folks like Kirk in Illinois is getting flushed down the toilet by the crazy talk....it could be a massacre, and nobody is talking about the house, but if crazy continues......Mr. Markle is going to have another long night at election time.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

2seaoat wrote:......Mr. Markle is going to have another long night at election time.  

Maybe PaceDog will slither back to the forum by then to make election night a barrel of fun.....

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:This thread is hilarious.  Mr. Markle forgets that people ran against President Obama who wanted to further cut the taxes on the wealthy.   They lost.  However, the damage to the middle class by attacks on labor and giving preference to capital is the the foundation of the Republican Party.   To blame President Obama is too funny.    I hope I live to November 2016.....the Republicans have lost the senate with a structural election in 2016, but now folks like Kirk in Illinois is getting flushed down the toilet by the crazy talk....it could be a massacre, and nobody is talking about the house, but if crazy continues......Mr. Markle is going to have another long night at election time.  

So tell us, how are the massive tax increases working out for semi-retired President Obama.

Let's see, more people who have quit looking for jobs than in many decades.

More people are on Welfare, food stamps and other public assistance programs than in history.

Yep, don't blame semi-retired President Obama, he's only been in office for seven years so it all must STILL be the fault of President Bush.

2seaoat

massive....you are a funny guy.....massive......we are not even close to where the tax rates have to go........however.......the mess President Bush left is finally starting to be cleaned up. Now lets finish the job with people going to the polls and once and for all flush crazy down the toilet.

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:Nobody doubts that big corporations and their bloodsucking leaders, with their lobbyists and campaign financing, have brought about the legislation over the last thirty years which is decimating the middle class while lining the pockets of the ultra rich.  Our economy is rigged.

Who knew, Paula Dean has legal control over the United States!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum