Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why does Trump keep shooting himself in the foot when he doesn't have to? I just don't get it.

+3
Sal
Markle
Hospital Bob
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

This latest thing was not just an impulsive brain fart.  His campaign issued a statement taking this position. 

He had just taken a jump in the polls following the Paris massacre.  And when the post-San Bernardino poll results are released,  he would have likely edged up even more in the polls.
He didn't have to do anything except stay the course.
So why sabotage that by coming out with this latest statement which has done nothing except turn everybody in the country against him except only for his cult?  I just don't get it.  Does he really think that cult alone can get him elected President?

Interesting aside to this.  Rush Limbaugh has been a part of the Trump cult all along.  Defended everything Trump says or does.
What will Limbaugh say about it when he goes on the air today?  Will he backpedal on Trump?  Or will he stay the course?

Coming up on Fox n Friends in a few minutes:  Donald Trump Jr to defend him.  Oughta be interesting.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I'm watching Fox n Friends waiting for the Trump Jr. interview.

Rudy Guilliani is saying "what Trump has proposed is flatly against the First Amendment.  You cannot discriminate against anyone on the basis of religion.  There is no basis for discriminating against muslims.  The vast majority of muslims are peaceful and they are completely integrated into American society.  They've been here for 150 years".

And even Elizabeth Hasselback is saying: "what about the 5800 Americans who identify as muslims who are fighting the war on terror in the Middle East.  Are we going to tell them they aren't allowed back in the country".

I think Trump has committed political suicide and I don't know why on earth he has done it.

Markle

Markle

Bob wrote:I'm watching Fox n Friends waiting for the Trump Jr. interview.

Rudy Guilliani is saying "what Trump has proposed is flatly against the First Amendment.  You cannot discriminate against anyone on the basis of religion.  There is no basis for discriminating against muslims.  The vast majority of muslims are peaceful and they are completely integrated into American society.  They've been here for 150 years".

And even Elizabeth Hasselback is saying: "what about the 5800 Americans who identify as muslims who are fighting the war on terror in the Middle East.  Are we going to tell them they aren't allowed back in the country".

I think Trump has committed political suicide and I don't know why on earth he has done it.

I still doubt that he's serious. It would take too much time away from what he enjoys doing.

He thoroughly enjoys being the center of attraction and guiding the dialog. Besides, none of the outrageous things he has said in the past has bothered his polling numbers.

Sal

Sal

I don't know if Trump is a Democratic mole, but he couldn't possibly do a better job of sabotaging the GOP.

knothead

knothead

Salinsky wrote:I don't know if Trump is a Democratic mole, but he couldn't possibly do a better job of sabotaging the GOP.

cheers cheers cheers

Hands in the air with Sal and Knothead.

knothead

knothead

SheWrites wrote:Hands in the air with Sal and Knothead.

Very true SW . . . . . go Trump go!!!

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

knothead wrote:

Well I don't know how I could be so ignorant.  It never occurred to me that Trump intentionally entered this race to ensure that a democrat wins.
If that's what is happening,  it has to be the strangest thing in the history of American politics.  It makes the "Trojoan Horse" in the Bible look puny in comparison.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Okay since Sal and knothead and SheWrites have figured this mystery out,  here's another one for them.

Trump enters the race to intentionally get a democrat elected.
He then says stuff to alienate everybody in the country except the hard core cult which has developed around him to worship him.
Then he intentionally loses the race to Hillary.  And when that happens even the hard core cult turns against him.

As a result,  the Trump business brand name he's worked so hard to establish,  then becomes a pariah.  Because Trump has alienated everybody in the country.

So here's the next question.  How did all this benefit Trump?

Sal

Sal

It has repeatedly occurred to me over the course of this campaign that Trump could be a Democratic mole, but I always think to myself, "Nah, that's tinfoil hat stuff".

But I swear, the more I think about it, the more it makes sense.  

He says the most ignorant and asinine things, but he's a Manhattanite who graduated from some really good schools.

He can't be that stupid.

And, he can't truly believe that he can win the presidency by isolating the stupid bigots in the GOP base.

Although he's not the brilliant business man he likes to portray on TV, he does have a ton of money invested in the US economy.

It may be that he's taken a hard look at the performance of the US economy under Democratic and Republican administrations recently and determined that GOP presidencies are bad for business.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Salinsky wrote:It has repeatedly occurred to me over the course of this campaign that Trump could be a Democratic mole, but I always think to myself, "Nah, that's tinfoil hat stuff".

But I swear, the more I think about it, the more it makes sense.  

He says the most ignorant and asinine things, but he's a Manhattanite who graduated from some really good schools.

He can't be that stupid.

And, he can't truly believe that he can win the presidency by isolating the stupid bigots in the GOP base.

Although he's not the brilliant business man he likes to portray on TV, he does have a ton of money invested in the US economy.

It may be that he's taken a hard look at the performance of the US economy under Democratic and Republican administrations recently and determined that GOP presidencies are bad for business.

Wow is all I can say.  Just Wow.  If this is what it's actually all about,  then when that cult of his finds out about it,  if I was him I believe I would leave the country before the lynch mob comes after me.  lol

Sal

Sal

That's the beauty of it.

His supporters will never find out about it, and even if they did, they wouldn't understand it, because they're abject idiots.

As long as Trump keeps on with the hate talk, he's golden with the mole people.

Sal

Sal

Just to be clear, I don't actually believe any of that, but it makes a hell of a lot more sense than reality.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Salinsky wrote:That's the beauty of it.

His supporters will never find out about it, and even if they did, they wouldn't understand it, because they're abject idiots.

As long as Trump keeps on with the hate talk, he's golden with the mole people.

You're not old enough to remember what happened when his supporters finally realized Ross Perot had accomplished nothing except hand the election over to the democrats. 
Let's put it this way.  We haven't heard from Perot since.  And there is no longer any skyscraper with the name PEROT in big letters on it.  And no Perot reality show on tv.  Nobody any longer wants to be an "Apprentice" to Perot.  He's now so deep in hiding that nobody knows if he's alive or dead.  He might as well be in the witness protection program.  lol

Bob wrote:
knothead wrote:

Well I don't know how I could be so ignorant.  It never occurred to me that Trump intentionally entered this race to ensure that a democrat wins.
If that's what is happening,  it has to be the strangest thing in the history of American politics.  It makes the "Trojoan Horse" in the Bible look puny in comparison.

Helen of Troy is not in the Bible. Shocked Or did I miss something. Laughing

SheWrites wrote:
Bob wrote:
knothead wrote:

Helen of Troy is not in the Bible. Shocked Or did I miss something. Laughing

Bob uses the Sultan James version.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I'm not really a student of ancient history.  It's hard enough to keep up with recent history.  All that ancient stuff tends to run together to me.  lol

Vikingwoman

Oh Trumps in it to win. This is his personality and his ego and money tell him he doesn't need the GOP. The GOP is just gearing up to dismantle Trump. It should be interesting in the end when they both lose.

He's a side show. I can't even bring myself to pay attention to what he says. Free entertainment... overpriced.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PkrBum wrote:He's a side show. I can't even bring myself to pay attention to what he says. Free entertainment... overpriced.

Perhaps. But in the process he's destroyed Carson, Bush, Huckabee, Rubio, Santorum, Jindahl, and Walker. And the republican party is in tatters.

Go Donald, go!! LOL

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Wordslinger wrote: in the process he's destroyed Carson, Bush, Huckabee, Rubio, Santorum, Jindahl, and Walker.  And the republican party is in tatters.

Go Donald, go!!  LOL

I think it's a little too early to pronounce Rubio dead yet.  lol

Sal

Sal

Why does Trump keep shooting himself in the foot when he doesn't have to?  I just don't get it. Plxjerhpb5tcrfzxwoil

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I think Trump is just not all that bright, and his ego is HUUUUUGGGGE. He's so used to getting his way that he may not see the end result. Or it could be that he just doesn't care.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum