Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Which would prefer following an all-out nuclear exchange?

4 posters

I would prefer...

Which would prefer following an all-out nuclear exchange? I_vote_lcap50%Which would prefer following an all-out nuclear exchange? I_vote_rcap 50% [ 2 ]
Which would prefer following an all-out nuclear exchange? I_vote_lcap50%Which would prefer following an all-out nuclear exchange? I_vote_rcap 50% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 4

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

There will be those who survive the blasts of course.  And quite a few of them.
Virtually anyone living outside the perimeter of a target area. 

But it's what life will be like for those survivors is what you have to consider before answering this question.  It could lead to eventual human extinction due to the "nuclear winter" which some propose would result.  But that's just theory and it's just as likely that many will survive the whole thing including the after effects.
But think about what living amongst the remains of a totally destroyed civilization would be like.  You would go from the soft life we have now to the hardest struggle human beings have ever had to face.  And you would make that transition literally overnight.

So which would you prefer?  To survive or not to survive,  that is the question.

Sal

Sal

Geez, Bob.

Put on some fresh Depends and go about your business.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Salinsky wrote:Geez, Bob.

Put on some fresh Depends and go about your business.

That may be the funniest comeback anyone here has ever given to one of my posts. 
I salute you.  lol

p.s.  it's not that all of a sudden I'm pissing in my pants about nuclear war.  Frankly I don't think Obama or Putin either one have the stomach for it.

When I'll start doing the worrying is when Trump is in office.
It was just reported.  Now he's advocating that we stop allowing any muslims to immigrate into the country no matter who they are or whatever the reason.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

You can use this tool to test your hypothetical survival possibility:

http://www.carloslabs.com/node/20

Just put the cursor over the military base or important defense site closest to you and test out the blast radius of the various weapons the tool allows.

I live 8 miles north of NAS Pensacola. If the warhead targeted there is under 500 kilotons, I might be okay (by a hair).

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

dumpcare

Bob wrote:There will be those who survive the blasts of course.  And quite a few of them.
Virtually anyone living outside the perimeter of a target area. 

But it's what life will be like for those survivors is what you have to consider before answering this question.  It could lead to eventual human extinction due to the "nuclear winter" which some propose would result.  But that's just theory and it's just as likely that many will survive the whole thing including the after effects.
But think about what living amongst the remains of a totally destroyed civilization would be like.  You would go from the soft life we have now to the hardest struggle human beings have ever had to face.  And you would make that transition literally overnight.

So which would you prefer?  To survive or not to survive,  that is the question.

What about the fallout?

dumpcare

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:You can use this tool to test your hypothetical survival possibility:

http://www.carloslabs.com/node/20

Just put the cursor over the military base or important defense site closest to you and test out the blast radius of the various weapons the tool allows.

I live 8 miles north of NAS Pensacola. If the warhead targeted there is under 500 kilotons, I might be okay (by a hair).

What if the winds were blowing your way that day?

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

ppaca wrote:What if the winds were blowing your way that day?

The tool shows you which way the fallout should go, based on historical prevailing winds.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum