Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Should we enter another elective war in the Middle East?

+6
Wordslinger
Hospital Bob
ZVUGKTUBM
knothead
Markle
boards of FL
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Should we enter another elective war in the Middle East? I_vote_lcap0%Should we enter another elective war in the Middle East? I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Should we enter another elective war in the Middle East? I_vote_lcap100%Should we enter another elective war in the Middle East? I_vote_rcap 100% [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 13

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

boards of FL

boards of FL

Markle

Markle

boards of FL wrote:Should we enter another elective war in the Middle East?

It is a little late for that isn't it?

Semi-retired President has gotten us in up to our eyeballs. He has us on the brink of WW-III and told us everything is hunky-dory.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Markle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:Should we enter another elective war in the Middle East?

It is a little late for that isn't it?

Semi-retired President has gotten us in up to our eyeballs.  He has us on the brink of WW-III and told us everything is hunky-dory.

During Obama's term we have seen our presence in the Middle East reduced significantly.  We are not "up to our eyeballs" and we are not on the brink of WWIII.  The point here is to discuss the policy idea being floated by virtually every republican nominee for president (yes, except for Paul).

Republicans would like to get us involved in another elective war in the Middle East.  You have to be aware of this, right?  You do understand that nearly every republican nominee is pushing for war, don't you?

The question here is should we go that route again?   What do you think, Ole' Man Markle?  Should we start another elective war in the Middle East?

knothead

knothead

Bds, wish you had included a HELL NO as a choice but I went with NO!

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

The reason the 2016 GOP hopefuls are pushing for new military interventions on the Middle East is to take the heat off of the fact they have few to none domestic policy proposals in their platform aimed at helping or doing anything for average Americans.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:The reason the 2016 GOP hopefuls are pushing for new military interventions on the Middle East is to take the heat off of the fact they have few to none domestic policy proposals in their platform aimed at helping or doing anything for average Americans.

How can GOP candidates be pushing for NEW military interventions in the Middle East when semi-retired President Obama has been bombing the Middle East for well over a year AND has also returned boots on the ground.

October 31st ISIS plants a small bomb in a critical place and kill 224 people.

November 12th semi-retired President Obama makes an uninspiring speech and tells us that ISIS is CONTAINED and being defeated.

Friday, November 13th ISIS launches a multi point, expertly coordinated attack on Paris killing 139 and injuring hundreds more.

Now the State Department issues a WORLDWIDE TRAVEL ALERT.

At the same time, President Obama is going on TV and telling us DUN WORRRRY...EVERYTHING IS FINE. Travel...go to sporting events, go shopping.

Yep...everything is under control after only SEVEN SHORT YEARS.

knothead

knothead

Markle wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:The reason the 2016 GOP hopefuls are pushing for new military interventions on the Middle East is to take the heat off of the fact they have few to none domestic policy proposals in their platform aimed at helping or doing anything for average Americans.

How can GOP candidates be pushing for NEW military interventions in the Middle East when semi-retired President Obama has been bombing the Middle East for well over a year AND has also returned boots on the ground.

November 12th semi-retired President Obama makes an uninspiring speech and tells us that ISIS is CONTAINED and being defeated.

Friday, November 13th ISIS launches a multi point, expertly coordinated attack on Paris killing 139 and injuring hundreds more.

At the same time, President Obama is going on TV and telling us DUN WORRRRY...EVERYTHING IS FINE.  Travel...go to sporting events, go shopping.

In reply I personally have no doubt that all of the GOP candidates (with the exception of Ron Paul) would deploy significant military assets to the ME to fight the ISIS scourge. That said, right or wrong, is what I believe. Further, we as a nation now see clearly that invasion and occupation do not work either in the short or the long run . . . . we have tried that it does not work out . . . . has never and will never. Obama has and is doing what he can where he can absent committing our forces to the fight. Unless and until the affected nations are willing to join the fight and God knows Obama has tried in vain to ramp them up with weapons and equipment but they surrendered after the first bullet was fired . . . . it will take a lot of time but eventually the ME nations will get a clue that we are not coming to their rescue again . . . . period! It is central to the strategy of ISIS to lure American forces to engage which will further drain our treasury (not that we are not far enough in debt now) but if we did make that mistake it would be a great recruiting tool for ISIS and set up ISIS prediction that it is the end of days (whatever the fuck that means). I am proud Obama is strong enough to resist the slings and arrows of the right to intervene yet again into a no win cluster fuck . . . .

Hillary is more hawkish than any of the pubs. Do you just ignore that? My guess is you'll vote for her and support war.

knothead

knothead

PkrBum wrote:Hillary is more hawkish than any of the pubs. Do you just ignore that? My guess is you'll vote for her and support war.

I'll cross that bridge when I get to it pkr . . .

Markle

Markle

knothead wrote:
Markle wrote:

At the same time, President Obama is going on TV and telling us DUN WORRRRY...EVERYTHING IS FINE.  Travel...go to sporting events, go shopping.

In reply I personally have no doubt that all of the GOP candidates (with the exception of Ron Paul) would deploy significant military assets to the ME to fight the ISIS scourge. That said, right or wrong, is what I believe. Further, we as a nation now see clearly that invasion and occupation do not work either in the short or the long run . . . . we have tried that it does not work out . . . . has never and will never. Obama has and is doing what he can where he can absent committing our forces to the fight. Unless and until the affected nations are willing to join the fight and God knows Obama has tried in vain to ramp them up with weapons and equipment but they surrendered after the first bullet was fired . . . . it will take a lot of time but eventually the ME nations will get a clue that we are not coming to their rescue again . . . . period! It is central to the strategy of ISIS to lure American forces to engage which will further drain our treasury (not that we are not far enough in debt now) but if we did make that mistake it would be a great recruiting tool for ISIS and set up ISIS prediction that it is the end of days (whatever the fuck that means). I am proud Obama is strong enough to resist the slings and arrows of the right to intervene yet again into a no win cluster fuck . . . .  

As you know, Iraq was a peaceful nation when semi-retired President Obama ignored the advice of all of his military advisers and intentionally created the vacuum that brought in ISIS. We told you that this is what would happen.

I'm glad you're proud of the total disaster semi-retired President Obama has made by leading from behind in the world and the economic disaster in this country.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Markle wrote:

As you know, Iraq was a peaceful nation when semi-retired President Obama ignored the advice of all of his military advisers and intentionally created the vacuum that brought in ISIS.  We told you that this is what would happen.

I'm glad you're proud of the total disaster semi-retired President Obama has made by leading from behind in the world and the economic disaster in this country.

Markle,  please do something for me.  Watch that CNN program referred to in the thread I just made about it.  I've included the upcoming showtimes (Friday and Sunday) in that thread.

I watch as much Fox News as you do.  But we all really need to have more than once source of information.  This won't take but an hour of your time.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Markle wrote:As you know, Iraq was a peaceful nation when semi-retired President Obama ignored the advice of all of his military advisers and intentionally created the vacuum that brought in ISIS.  We told you that this is what would happen.

As you know:

Should we enter another elective war in the Middle East? Bs10

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Bob wrote:Markle,  please do something for me.  Watch that CNN program referred to in the thread I just made about it.  I've included the upcoming showtimes (Friday and Sunday) in that thread.

I watch as much Fox News as you do.  But we all really need to have more than once source of information.  This won't take but an hour of your time.

It is actually just 26 minutes without the commercials.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Bob wrote:Markle,  please do something for me.  Watch that CNN program referred to in the thread I just made about it.  I've included the upcoming showtimes (Friday and Sunday) in that thread.

Semi-demented poster Markle will never watch that clip, because it will undermine every argument he has ever made on this forum in favor of the Iraq war. You have to remember, his mission is not to seek the truth--it is to propagandize. We all see through it, and he knows this. He must be well-compensated for his work, because he doesn't seem to care if his propaganda makes him look like a dip-shit.

Markle

Markle

Bob wrote:
Markle wrote:

As you know, Iraq was a peaceful nation when semi-retired President Obama ignored the advice of all of his military advisers and intentionally created the vacuum that brought in ISIS.  We told you that this is what would happen.

Markle,  please do something for me.  Watch that CNN program referred to in the thread I just made about it.  I've included the upcoming showtimes (Friday and Sunday) in that thread.

I posted a piece of HISTORY.

You posted a hate and propaganda piece by well known plagiarist and coincidentally Muslim, FAREED ZAKARIA.

It is well known that Mr. Zakaria HATES the Bush family and much of America. He has been suspended at least twice by CNN for plagiarizing dozens of his pieces. It must have greatly pained CNN to suspend such a loyal Progressive and hater of the Bush family.

Mr. Zakaria also HATES the strength of America's military just as does his hero semi-retired President Obama.

It is an old re-run which ran a couple months ago. Perhaps CNN figured they might attract a few of the rabid Bush haters in time slots for which they had nothing else. I watched bits and pieces before and there was not a line or hardly a word that was not deprecating to President George Bush and America in general.

I'm sure their ratings will be off the charts....

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

See what I mean, Bob?...... It is really funny when a KNOWN PROPAGANDIST accuses another person of pushing propaganda.... Embarassed

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Markle wrote:As you know, Iraq was a peaceful nation when semi-retired President Obama ignored the advice of all of his military advisers and intentionally created the vacuum that brought in ISIS.  We told you that this is what would happen.

As you know:

Your desperate need to use profanity and slurs proves you simply cannot refute one single word I posted. I'm so glad you are so proud of being clueless.

Keep up the good work, you are Conservative posters dream come true! Such great foils are not easy to find.

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:See what I mean, Bob?...... It is really funny when a KNOWN PROPAGANDIST accuses another person of pushing propaganda.... Embarassed

Once again you are proud to post that you have NOTHING.

Step my good friend, show off for your comrades and in detail show what I have posted which is NOT true.

Come on...DO IT!

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Markle wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:See what I mean, Bob?...... It is really funny when a KNOWN PROPAGANDIST accuses another person of pushing propaganda.... Embarassed

Step my good friend, show off for your comrades and in detail show what I have posted which is NOT true.

Come on...DO IT!

Why should we waste our time refuting bullshit......? You have a long way to climb on the credibility scale before most who post here accept anything you put here as nothing but pure right-wing propaganda. It has been that way for 10 years, Markle. I don't expect it will suddenly change.

knothead

knothead

Face it Markle, the so-called conservative message does not resonate with this forum nor with the national electorate . . . .. in short you lose!

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Markle wrote:

Come on...DO IT!

Why should we waste our time refuting bullshit......? You have a long way to climb on the credibility scale before most who post here accept anything you put here as nothing but pure right-wing propaganda. It has been that way for 10 years, Markle. I don't expect it will suddenly change.

Do you think I give a rats behind if blind Progressives can't refute my posts and resort to name calling?

Should we enter another elective war in the Middle East? E801ddf6-a8ff-4ee4-af6d-c9786bd4ceb9_zps7beeee22

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:
knothead wrote:
Markle wrote:

Markle challenges us to prove ANYTHING he wrote here which was not true.  Here's the real truth:  After Bush's infamous "surge,"and during the months before Obama withdrew our forces, hundreds of American troops were killed and maimed by IEDs and insurgent ambushes -- Iraq's Kurds were still in a shooting war with Maliki's Shiia forces.  The Sunnis were regrouping and as soon as the U.S. withdrew, they attacked -- ISIS is Sunni.   Semi-sane Markle's daily rant against Obama is, like most of his comments in this forum, pure propaganda, and arrogant.  He thinks his childlike bullshit is brilliant.  Reality.

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:
Markle wrote:
knothead wrote:
Markle wrote:

Markle challenges us to prove ANYTHING he wrote here which was not true.  Here's the real truth:  After Bush's infamous "surge,"and during the months before Obama withdrew our forces, hundreds of American troops were killed and maimed by IEDs and insurgent ambushes -- Iraq's Kurds were still in a shooting war with Maliki's Shiia forces.  The Sunnis were regrouping and as soon as the U.S. withdrew, they attacked -- ISIS is Sunni.   Semi-sane Markle's daily rant against Obama is, like most of his comments in this forum, pure propaganda, and arrogant.  He thinks his childlike bullshit is brilliant.  Reality.

Yes I have challenged Progressives to show me what I might have posted which is not true. NONE of you have been able to do so. Instead, you, and your Progressive comrades, change the subject or attack me personally.

I must admit, I do rather enjoy all of your childish antics.

"Clinton also said Bush should not be faulted if banned weapons of mass destruction aren't found.

"I don't think you can criticize the President for trying to act on the belief that they have a substantial amount of chemical and biological stock. . . . That is what I was always told," Clinton said.
- Former President Clinton Wednesday, April 16, 2003

"Could Be One of the Great Achievements of This Administration" The vice president said he’d been to Iraq 17 times and visits the country every three months or so. "I know every one of the major players in all the segments of that society" he said. "It's impressed me. I've been impressed how they have been deciding to use the political process rather than guns to settle their differences."
- Vice President Joe Biden (D) Feb. 10, 2010

How has the war President Barack Hussein Obama said we SHOULD have been fighting going? How is the Middle East going now that President Obama is President? Oh, Afghanistan just crossed 2,330 American fatalities. Seventy percent of whom died since President Obama took office.

And now the Obama administration wants to TAKE CREDIT for the Iraq war…whew….

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:
Bob wrote:
Markle wrote:

I posted a piece of HISTORY.

You posted a hate and propaganda piece by well known plagiarist and coincidentally Muslim, FAREED ZAKARIA. Markle is an Islamophobic racist. "Coincidentally Muslim?"

It is well known that Mr. Zakaria HATES the Bush family and much of America.  He has been suspended at least twice by CNN for plagiarizing dozens of his pieces.  It must have greatly pained CNN to suspend such a loyal Progressive and hater of the Bush family.

Mr. Zakaria also HATES the strength of America's military just as does his hero semi-retired President Obama. You have proof of your claim that either of these men actually HATE THE STRENGTH OF AMERICA'S MILITARY? I THOUGHT NOT.

It is an old re-run which ran a couple months ago.  Perhaps CNN figured they might attract a few of the rabid Bush haters in time slots for which they had nothing else.  I watched bits and pieces before and there was not a line or hardly a word that was not deprecating to President George Bush and America in general.

I'm sure their ratings will be off the charts.... Which proves just how hated Bush is by most of America!

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://www.eclectablog.com/2012/05/an-often-forgotten-fact-about-george-w-bushs-mission-accomplished-speech.html

An often-forgotten fact about George W. Bush’s “Mission Accomplished” speech – UPDATED

Remember this? Most people don’t, at least not correctly.Should we enter another elective war in the Middle East? Bush-USS-Lincoln

Most people probably remember George W. Bush swooping down out of the sky in a fighter jet and alighting onto the deck of the USS Lincoln aircraft carrier to give a rousing war speech under a gigantic “Mission Accomplished” banner.

You probably remember that the USS Lincoln was in the Persian Gulf at the time and our “Wartime President” was there to celebrate the liberation of Iraq. Right?

Wrong.

After a week of listening to endless drivel from conservative war hawks/chicken hawks like Dick Cheney and Karl Rove and Mitt Romney tell us how egregious it was for President Obama to dare mention the killing of Osama bin Laden on the event’s one-year anniversary, it’s useful to remember the exact details of that day: May 1st, 2003.

The day Bush landed on the USS Lincoln, it was just 30 miles from shore near San Diego, California.

In other words, it was a completely staged theatrical display, designed to make a man who avoided military service look like the warrior he never was.

So, please, spare me the [p]outrage and faux indignation. That dog does NOT hunt.

I’m not even sure it will get up off the porch for dinner.

UPDATE: Turns out that one of the groups making the biggest stink about this is admitting that they are trying to “swift boat” the president:

Veterans for a Strong America describes itself “a grassroots action organization committed to ensuring that America remains a strong nation by advancing liberty, safeguarding freedom and opposing tyranny.” Founded in 2010, the ostensibly nonpartisan group kept a low profile until earlier this week, when it posted a splashy online ad that uses statements from President Barack Obama to suggest that the commander-in-chief boasted about his role in killing Osama bin Laden, dishonoring America’s military in the process. […]
Karl Rove praised the ad on Twitter, calling it “powerful,” and it rapidly burned up the right-wing blogs. “The swift boating of Obama has begun,” The Atlantic announced. “One thing that’s clear from this advertisement, if more current and former SEALs decided to come out of the woodwork in opposition to Obama, it could do real damage to him.”

Joel Arends, Veterans for a Strong America’s founder, chairman, and sole staffer, tells me he’s proud of his organization’s viral video, even if it’s characterized as swift boating. “Yes, it’s the swift boating of the president, in the sense of using what’s perceived to be his greatest strength and making it his greatest weakness.”

And, with that, you have an admission from President Obama’s political opponents that his greatest strength is national security.

Game. Set. Match.

And the war...Bush's war...raged on. How did he stand in front of that group of faces knowing that his lies would lead to the deaths or maiming of some of the members of that audience? Four years would pass before the "surge". Four more years after the surge before the withdrawal. It was nothing but a cheap political photo op. He didn't fly the plane. The banner was set up by political operatives...not by the military.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum