Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

College Football Saturday

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1College Football Saturday Empty College Football Saturday 11/21/2015, 4:12 pm

Sal

Sal

Can Florida Atlantic pull off the big upset?

Go, Michigan State!!

2College Football Saturday Empty Re: College Football Saturday 11/21/2015, 4:50 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

UF eked out a win (20-14 in OT). Not impressive, to say the least. UF's play was not of a caliber good enough to prevail against FSU next week or Alabama in the SEC Championship game. UF's season could be toast, and they have a lot to work on next week.

Next game of interest to me today is LSU vs Ole Miss.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

3College Football Saturday Empty Re: College Football Saturday 11/21/2015, 5:00 pm

2seaoat

Watching Ohio State.....rainy miserable day.

4College Football Saturday Empty Re: College Football Saturday 11/21/2015, 5:26 pm

2seaoat

Ohio state seems to be grinding away at Michigan State and seems to be dominate in the run game. Not big explosive plays but solid four and five yard gains behind some very good blocking schemes. They also have been eating the clock up. I do not see the passing game they had last year, but the grinding run game with some simple out routes are very conservative and effective. I think Meyer is playing his cards tight to the vest. They are up by seven.

5College Football Saturday Empty Re: College Football Saturday 11/21/2015, 5:39 pm

2seaoat

Michigan State right back at them with some very effective passing. They made it look easy.

6College Football Saturday Empty Re: College Football Saturday 11/21/2015, 5:48 pm

Msu starting qb is out today... he's going to be a very high nfl pick. But thems the breaks.

Both the second and third string qb are not bad... but beating osu at home is a tall order.

7College Football Saturday Empty Re: College Football Saturday 11/21/2015, 6:53 pm

2seaoat

Big fumble mistake. Ohio state scores. I hate to see a game determined by a mistake.

8College Football Saturday Empty Re: College Football Saturday 11/21/2015, 7:13 pm

No msu pass attempts in the 3rd quarter. But we're still in it. If cook were in this we'd be dominating.

The osu secondary is their big weakness... just like msu.

9College Football Saturday Empty Re: College Football Saturday 11/21/2015, 7:18 pm

2seaoat

I agree. I am not impressed with the Ohio State secondary. They have a great defensive line and linebackers, but you have pointed out their achilles heel. Well they just took advantage of that weakness and tied it up.

10College Football Saturday Empty Re: College Football Saturday 11/21/2015, 7:29 pm

This is old time smashmouth big ten football here. It builds tension like a baseball game does.

11College Football Saturday Empty Re: College Football Saturday 11/21/2015, 7:51 pm

2seaoat

Great game, but Meyer's game plan was far too conservative and they abandoned the pass. This one is on him.

12College Football Saturday Empty Re: College Football Saturday 11/21/2015, 8:03 pm

2seaoat wrote:Great game, but Meyer's game plan was far too conservative and they abandoned the pass. This one is on him.

I think you underestimate the dominance msu exhibited on both sides of the line. Msu could run the ball... osu couldn't.

13College Football Saturday Empty Re: College Football Saturday 11/21/2015, 8:33 pm

2seaoat

I think they have a path to the championship now. Iowa loses to them in the big ten championship, they have to be considered. I think MSU was the better team today, but I found the lack of passing by Ohio State curious, especially when repeatedly the receivers had beat their coverage on long passes.

14College Football Saturday Empty Re: College Football Saturday 11/21/2015, 8:46 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Great games today.... I spent 7 hours in front of the TV, channel flipping between different games. I did catch the MSU FG that sealed their win. Ole Miss decisively beat LSU today.

The new polls will be interesting when they come out early next week. Next Saturday is Rivalry Weekend. Can't wait! UF/FSU and Ole Miss/Mississippi State are two games on my menu for next week. I will also keep an eye on the Iron Bowl, but I think Alabama will win that one this year.

15College Football Saturday Empty Re: College Football Saturday 11/21/2015, 8:57 pm

Give me a semi healthy conner cook and one more healthy secondary player and this team can win it all.

They've had terrible luck with key players... and still have their futures in their hands. That's all you can ask.

16College Football Saturday Empty Re: College Football Saturday 11/22/2015, 10:43 am

dumpcare

Ohio state should never have been ranked as high as they were this year, they squeaked by on many games. Michigan State was and is the better team yesterday.

This changes the national outlook.

17College Football Saturday Empty Re: College Football Saturday 11/22/2015, 10:45 am

College Football Saturday Clemso11

18College Football Saturday Empty Re: College Football Saturday 11/22/2015, 10:48 am

dumpcare

Just Friday one of my 75 yr old clients and I agreed who would be the final 4, Clemson, Ohio State, Alabama and Notre Dame since TCU's fall last week, but this is going to change the whole landscape. He thinks Alabama will take the whole thing, I am holding back on that one, I like Michigan State, Clemson and Notre Dame.

19College Football Saturday Empty Re: College Football Saturday 11/22/2015, 11:48 am

Notre Dame is overrated... like usual. I've watched clemson several times now and an not wowed. They're a solid team no doubt... very consistent... no glaring weakness... but also no big weapon. I expect them to be in the playoff... but lose first rd.

20College Football Saturday Empty Re: College Football Saturday 11/22/2015, 11:50 am

dumpcare

So, who's your 3 other picks? Is ohio state out?

21College Football Saturday Empty Re: College Football Saturday 11/22/2015, 11:52 am

PkrBum wrote:Notre Dame is overrated... like usual. I've watched clemson several times now and an not wowed. They're a solid team no doubt... very consistent... no glaring weakness... but also no big weapon. I expect them to be in the playoff... but lose first rd.

"Solid...very consistent...no glaring weakness."

Sounds like a few strong points to a winning season to me.

One game at a time. Very Happy

22College Football Saturday Empty Re: College Football Saturday 11/22/2015, 12:38 pm

dumpcare

SB Nation prediction's.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2015/11/22/9777984/ncaa-bowl-games-projections-2015-college-football-playoff-predictions

23College Football Saturday Empty Re: College Football Saturday 11/22/2015, 1:09 pm

One game at a time. Very Happy

24College Football Saturday Empty Re: College Football Saturday 11/22/2015, 1:11 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

What are we going to do on Saturday when the season is over? Literally, I watch no television other than college football during the year.  I don't follow any other sports, either.

25College Football Saturday Empty Re: College Football Saturday 11/22/2015, 1:29 pm

dumpcare

I don't know Z, I don't follow any other sports. I suppose my wife will quit griping and we'll go more places.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum