Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Republican Senators Call for Large-Scale US-Led Ground War against ISIS

+4
boards of FL
Sal
TEOTWAWKI
ZVUGKTUBM
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2015/11/16/republican-senators-call-for-us-led-ground-war-against-isis.html?ESRC=marine-a_151117.nl

Republican Senators Call for Large-Scale US-Led Ground War against ISIS Graham10

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Sad  our troops will be killed by weapons supplied by the CIA.

ISIS is a creation of the UNITED STATES.....

Sal

Sal

Keep resisting the MIC lackeys, Mr. President.

For those of you who insist there is no difference between the Republican's and Obama's approaches, here it is in stark contrast.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Salinsky wrote:Keep resisting the MIC lackeys, Mr. President.

For those of you who insist there is no difference between the Republican's and Obama's approaches, here it is in stark contrast.

Well at least Obama is loyal to his Muslim brothers....Obama Says "We, The Muslim Community" At G20 Summit

Obama Says "We, The Muslim Community" At G20 Summit from Now The End Begins on Vimeo.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Do you want another full scale occupation comparable to the quagmire that was Iraq? Well then by all means, vote republican in 2016.

Do you not want another full scale occupation comparable to the quagmire that was Iraq? Well then vote for the democratic candidate in 2016.

Either the republican or democratic nominee is going to get elected. That much is certain.

Vote for the democratic candidate in 2016 lest you want more blood on your hands.

Markle

Markle

Stated ZVUGKTUBM

Not surprising at all, here we see where ZVUGKTUBM can post a direct quote...and not understand what is being quoted.

Senator Graham said, and I highlighted for ZVUGKTUBM, US LED ground war against ISIS.

Semi-retired President Obama's policies, supported by ZVUGKTUBM, Wordslinger, 2seaoat and others have caused this chaos. You do NOT win cities and ground from the air.

This does not mean 100,000 US troops but it certainly will mean 10,000-20,000 US troops and others.

We need a THOUSAND sorties per day, not the six or seven authorized by President Obama and without the rules of engagement he has enforced on our military.

Stated proudly here, my dear Progressive good friends repeat that they much prefer these attacks on our soil as opposed to fighting them in their own countries.

Shameful!

Markle

Markle

boards of FL wrote:Do you want another full scale occupation comparable to the quagmire that was Iraq?  Well then by all means, vote republican in 2016.

Do you not want another full scale occupation comparable to the quagmire that was Iraq?  Well then vote for the democratic candidate in 2016.

Either the republican or democratic nominee is going to get elected.  That much is certain.

Vote for the democratic candidate in 2016 lest you want more blood on your hands.

Thank you for your endorsement of this for America either later this year or next.

Republican Senators Call for Large-Scale US-Led Ground War against ISIS Boston20Bombing_zpsnlrbbtid

Repeated here is what BoardofFL and my other Progressive friends want for America.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Markle wrote:Stated ZVUGKTUBM

Not surprising at all, here we see where ZVUGKTUBM can post a direct quote...and not understand what is being quoted.

Senator Graham said, and I highlighted for ZVUGKTUBM, US LED ground war against ISIS.  

Semi-retired President Obama's policies, supported by ZVUGKTUBM, Wordslinger, 2seaoat and others have caused this chaos.  You do NOT win cities and ground from the air.  

This does not mean 100,000 US troops but it certainly will mean 10,000-20,000 US troops and others.

We need a THOUSAND sorties per day, not the six or seven authorized by President Obama and without the rules of engagement he has enforced on our military.

Stated proudly here, my dear Progressive good friends repeat that they much prefer these attacks on our soil as opposed to fighting them in their own countries.

Shameful!

Sorry, but we have tried the republican strategy in the middle east. It resulted in one of - if not the - worst foreign policy quagmires in US history.

The best we can do at this point is correct the issue of house district gerrymandering and then keep republicans as far away from foreign policy decisions as possible. The sooner we do that, the better off the world will be.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Markle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:Do you want another full scale occupation comparable to the quagmire that was Iraq?  Well then by all means, vote republican in 2016.

Do you not want another full scale occupation comparable to the quagmire that was Iraq?  Well then vote for the democratic candidate in 2016.

Either the republican or democratic nominee is going to get elected.  That much is certain.

Thank you for your endorsement of this for America either later this year or next.

Republican Senators Call for Large-Scale US-Led Ground War against ISIS Boston20Bombing_zpsnlrbbtid

Repeated here is what BoardofFL and my other Progressive friends want for America.

That's not what I want for America. That is what you're saying I want for America. People who have cogent arguments to make generally don't need to put words in their opponents mouths - and that is precisely what your'e doing here, so...

Here you are, Ole' Man Markle. Your rocking chair is over by the window.

Republican Senators Call for Large-Scale US-Led Ground War against ISIS Bonbon-dbfbe36b2ab7e3e46f8bdbc19fcc3ada

boards of FL wrote:Do you want another full scale occupation comparable to the quagmire that was Iraq? Well then by all means, vote republican in 2016.

Do you not want another full scale occupation comparable to the quagmire that was Iraq? Well then vote for the democratic candidate in 2016.

Either the republican or democratic nominee is going to get elected. That much is certain.

You apparently think that hillary fits what you ascribe to democrats... lol. Gawd y'all are easy. Yea team..!!

gatorfan

HRC has bloody hands, she was an enabler of the ill-advised Iraq war by voting in favor of invasion, she took the lead on destroying Libya as a country, and this is her current mindset:

“We have to look at ISIS as the leading threat of an international terror network,” Mrs. Clinton said. “It cannot be contained; it must be defeated.”

HRC is a hawk, like it or not.

BTW, a few nutcase Senators don't speak for a whole party - except in the narrow minds of a few people here.

There will be no "large scale" effort regardless of who lands in office.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Sad  our troops will be killed by weapons supplied by the CIA.

ISIS is a creation of the UNITED STATES.....

Liked it!

boards of FL

boards of FL

PkrBum wrote:

You apparently think that hillary fits what you ascribe to democrats... lol. Gawd y'all are easy. Yea team..!!

I have probably explained this a million times here, though I'll try this again.  

We have two options.  Either a democrat or a republican is going to enter the whitehouse in 2016.  This is a given.  If we were to create a scale showing the degree of military adventurism in the middle east that we could expect from democratic and republican presidents, it would look like this.

Less war                                                            More war

<--democrats---------------------------------------republicans-->

Now, we can debate over where Sanders, Clinton, Rubio, Carson, Cruz would fall along this line, though I can't imagine anyone would dispute the fact that republicans are considerably more committed to military adventurism than democrats.  I mean, would any of you honestly say otherwise?  

Note that I'm not saying that democrats are guaranteed to evacuate the middle east entirely.  Far from it.  I'm merely saying that whatever the democrats do, that would be considerably less than what any electable republican would do.  Emphasis placed on electable so that I don't have to respond to someone chirping "But Paul is a republican!"  Yes.  But he is not an electable republican.  

Bush got elected and we ended up with the quagmire in Iraq.  I think it is fairly safe to assume that had Gore been elected, we wouldn't have ended up in that quagmire.  The same will be the case for 2016.  If a republican gets elected, we will almost certainly end up in yet another quagmire.  On the other hand, if a democrat gets elected, we will still be somewhat involved in the middle east.  There will be air support.  We will hear republicans dishonestly overselling our level of engagement there. Etc. etc.  But it will not be even remotely a mess to the degree that we would see with another republican foreign policy quagmire.

Here again, imagine a train barreling down the tracks and out of control.  There is a fork ahead and you have the ability to dictate the direction the train will take.  On one side of the fork is a school bus containing two teachers and 50 elementary school students.  On the other side of the fork is a car containing two elderly people.  The train cannot be stopped.  It is certain that it will fork one way or the other and kill all in its path.  If you take no action (not voting), the train will still end up taking a path and killing people.  You have the choice to mitigate the damage sustained.  I think the obvious choice here is to fork the train in the direction of the elderly couple.  

Now, you can make arguments all day about how terrible it is to see to elderly people killed by a train and you would be correct.  It's terrible.  But it isn't as terrible as killing two school teachers and 50 elementary school students.  Diverting the train towards the elderly couple is an example of opting for - and its amazing that we have grown adults who read this forum and yet cannot grasp this concept - the lesser of two evils.  

The same applies to politics.  Voting for democrats - with respect to foreign policy, at least - is the equivalent of diverting the train in the direction of the elderly couple.  Voting for republicans is the equivalent of diverting the train in the direction of the school bus full of children.  

And the least respectable position of all is the person who doesn't approve of forking in either direction, and instead simply watches as the train chooses its own path at random.  This position is demonstrably idiotic, and people who take this position are essentially idiots.  Flat out.  There really is no nice way of putting it.

Markle

Markle

boards of FL wrote:
Markle wrote:Stated ZVUGKTUBM

Semi-retired President Obama's policies, supported by ZVUGKTUBM, Wordslinger, 2seaoat and others have caused this chaos.  You do NOT win cities and ground from the air.  

Shameful!

Sorry, but we have tried the republican strategy in the middle east.  It resulted in one of - if not the - worst foreign policy quagmires in US history.

The best we can do at this point is correct the issue of house district gerrymandering and then keep republicans as far away from foreign policy decisions as possible.  The sooner we do that, the better off the world will be.

Major lie. But then who would be surprised.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

boards of FL wrote:
Markle wrote:

That's not what I want for America.  That is what you're saying I want for America.  People who have cogent arguments to make generally don't need to put words in their opponents mouths - and that is precisely what your'e doing here, so...

Here you are, Ole' Man Markle.   Your rocking chair is over by the window.

Republican Senators Call for Large-Scale US-Led Ground War against ISIS Bonbon-dbfbe36b2ab7e3e46f8bdbc19fcc3ada

Why do you have to keep making fun of age.  I'm an old geezer and I'm on your side.  So is Bernie Sanders and he's old enough to be my great grandfather.  So stop it.  lol

Bob wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Markle wrote:

That's not what I want for America.  That is what you're saying I want for America.  People who have cogent arguments to make generally don't need to put words in their opponents mouths - and that is precisely what your'e doing here, so...

Here you are, Ole' Man Markle.   Your rocking chair is over by the window.

Why do you have to keep making fun of age.  I'm an old geezer and I'm on your side.  So is Bernie Sanders and he's old enough to be my great grandfather.  So stop it.  lol

I'm sorry... you don't fit into a politically specific demographic under which you are protected from bigotry.

Perhaps bofer could offer you something within a eugenics program? It's really quite selfish to spend your retirement.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Markle wrote:This does not mean 100,000 US troops but it certainly will mean 10,000-20,000 US troops and others.

Yes.... We have heard this story before. Back in 2003, the Neocons were really soft-selling the American people on how easy Dumbya's short-sighted invasion of Iraq would be, and how Iraq would finance its own reconstruction, etc., with more lies uttered on top of other misrepresentations. You need to stop speaking with a forked tongue.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

PkrBum wrote:
I'm sorry... you don't fit into a politically specific demographic under which you are protected from bigotry.

Perhaps bofer could offer you something within a eugenics program? It's really quite selfish to spend your retirement.

That's the problem.  I'm not smart enough to spend away my retirement,  I'm stupid enough to want to save it.
I should adopt bds' and Paul Krugman's philosophy and not only spend all the money I have,  but spend even more money that I don't have and get it from borrowing.  Because that leads to economic good health.  Just look at all the millions who bought houses they couldn't afford.  That's now the politically correct version of "wisdom".  lol

Bob wrote:
PkrBum wrote:

That's the problem.  I'm not smart enough to spend away my retirement,  I'm stupid enough to want to save it.
I should adopt bds' and Paul Krugman's philosophy and not only spend all the money I have,  but spend even more money that I don't have and get it from borrowing.  Because that leads to economic good health.  Just look at all the millions who bought houses they couldn't afford.  That's now the politically correct version of "wisdom".  lol

Lol... I like it. It sure sound easier and more fun than carefully planning and working toward a sustainable goal.

Can you imagine explaining this option to an early american settler or a family heading west in a covered wagon?

Lmao... they would think you an idiot... and they would be right. Natural selection is now politically incorrect.

Who's denying science and nature?

Markle

Markle

boards of FL wrote:
PkrBum wrote:

I have probably explained this a million times here, though I'll try this again.  

We have two options.  Either a democrat or a republican is going to enter the whitehouse in 2016.  This is a given.  If we were to create a scale showing the degree of military adventurism in the middle east that we could expect from democratic and republican presidents, it would look like this.

Less war                                                            More war

Now, we can debate over where Sanders, Clinton, Rubio, Carson, Cruz would fall along this line, though I can't imagine anyone would dispute the fact that republicans are considerably more committed to military adventurism than democrats.  I mean, would any of you honestly say otherwise?  

Note that I'm not saying that democrats are guaranteed to evacuate the middle east entirely.  Far from it.  I'm merely saying that whatever the democrats do, that would be considerably less than what any electable republican would do.  Emphasis placed on electable so that I don't have to respond to someone chirping "But Paul is a republican!"  Yes.  But he is not an electable republican.  

Bush got elected and we ended up with the quagmire in Iraq.  I think it is fairly safe to assume that had Gore been elected, we wouldn't have ended up in that quagmire.  The same will be the case for 2016.  If a republican gets elected, we will almost certainly end up in yet another quagmire.  On the other hand, if a democrat gets elected, we will still be somewhat involved in the middle east.  There will be air support.  We will hear republicans dishonestly overselling our level of engagement there. Etc. etc.  But it will not be even remotely a mess to the degree that we would see with another republican foreign policy quagmire.

[...]

This position is demonstrably idiotic, and people who take this position are essentially idiots.  Flat out.  There really is no nice way of putting it.

You neglected to finish your cute little chart, allow me.

Less war                                                            More war

Massive increase in Terrorist attacks - - - - - Few Terrorist Attacks

As you well know, there was no quagmire.  It was semi-retired President Obama who stated repeatedly, as did his VP that he was leaving Iraq a peaceful, Democrat nation.

As you also know well, the vacuum left by President Obama was filled by ISIS and we now have boots on the ground again in Iraq, which we told you would happen.

AND Massive terrorist attacks in France and the bombing of airlines out of the sky.

What's happening is what you wanted.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PkrBum wrote:
Bob wrote:
PkrBum wrote:

Lol... I like it. It sure sound easier and more fun than carefully planning and working toward a sustainable goal.

Can you imagine explaining this option to an early american settler or a family heading west in a covered wagon?

Lmao... they would think you an idiot... and they would be right. Natural selection is now politically incorrect.

Who's denying science and nature?

I think most of today's settlers resemble the Donner party....

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:

I think most of today's settlers resemble the Donner party....

lol
But I don't know why I'm laughing since it's probably gonna prove to be true.  I just hope I get to hell before we have to start cannabilizing each other.
I honestly would prefer to have to live in a year round hot climate than have to eat human flesh.  And there's nothing in the Bible that says Lucifer's gonna make me do that.  lol

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Markle wrote:
Less war                                                            More war

<--democrats-----------------------------------------------republicans-->

Massive increase in Terrorist attacks - - - - - Few Terrorist Attacks

NUMBER OF AMERICANS KILLED BY TERRORISTS SINCE 2001

<----41-----------------------------------------------2,924---->

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Markle wrote:This does not mean 100,000 US troops but it certainly will mean 10,000-20,000 US troops and others.

Yes.... We have heard this story before. Back in 2003, the Neocons were really soft-selling the American people on how easy Dumbya's short-sighted invasion of Iraq would be, and how Iraq would finance its own reconstruction, etc., with more lies uttered on top of other misrepresentations. You need stop speaking with a forked tongue.

How's your plan working? Total chaos is a plan?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
and how Iraq would finance its own reconstruction

Yes,  that claim was about as absurd as the current claim that the Mexicans themselves will foot the bill for the border wall.  lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum