Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

France draws a red line in the sand.

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

And they did it with bombs.

(AP) A French defense official says the country has launched a "massive" series of airstrikes on the Islamic State group's de facto capital in Syria, destroying a jihadi training camp and a munitions dump.

The ministry spokesman said Sunday that the strikes on Raqqa involved 12 aircraft, including 10 fighter jets, and 20 bombs were dropped.

The spokesman spoke on condition of anonymity because he wasn't authorized to speak publicly.

Sal

Sal

Red line?

This is actually a conflict between modernity and barbarity.

Politicizing it at this point pits you on the wrong side.

Markle

Markle

Salinsky wrote:Red line?

At LAST the ISIS capital has been hit heavily. Something semi-retired President Obama has the stones to do.

HOPEFULLY, a RED LINE means more to the French than it does to President Obama.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Joanimaroni wrote:And they did it with bombs.

(AP) A French defense official says the country has launched a "massive" series of airstrikes on the Islamic State group's de facto capital in Syria, destroying a jihadi training camp and a munitions dump.

The ministry spokesman said Sunday that the strikes on Raqqa involved 12 aircraft, including 10 fighter jets, and 20 bombs were dropped.

The spokesman spoke on condition of anonymity because he wasn't authorized to speak publicly.

Now that's the kind of response needed.  Thank god France didn't respond to it's "9/11" the way the U.S. did and bomb the next country over.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Is ISIS a rational or irrational group of terrorists?

2seaoat

To what end......to what end. The Mic makes more money, the Iranian influence in Syria gets stalemated, and Israel has a more broken nation state which poses no threat.....so sure.....there are winners and there are losers, but nothing is quite as simple as it seems.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Bob wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:And they did it with bombs.

Now that's the kind of response needed.  Thank god France didn't respond to it's "9/11" the way the U.S. did and bomb the next country over.

Interesting the targets were crucial areas and the location was known.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

You might want to stream the first segment of 60 Minutes tonight if you didn't watch it on television.
Interesting interview with someone who it appears actually is a pretty solid expert on it.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Bob wrote:You might want to stream the first segment of 60 Minutes tonight if you didn't watch it on television.
Interesting interview with someone who it appears actually is a pretty solid expert on it.

I had to watch football....what was the summary? Bob'a version always works for me.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Joanimaroni wrote:
I had to watch football....what was the summary? Bob'a version always works for me.

This was a high ranking French or Paris government (not sure which) terrorism expert.  Someone who's had as much experience with dealing with it as anyone.   And the way he presents his position on it is just really compelling (was to me anyway).  And basically his position on it is this is just the beginning.  Said "France is second on the list of countries they hate the most.  The first is the U.S."  Then Steve Kroft asks him if he thinks they'll try to hit the U.S. 
And he says matter of factly "they'll try to".
But sometimes to get a feel for anyone talking on television,  you can't do it with mine or anyone's written reaction.  You have to look and listen to the person yourself.  When the segment goes on the website I'll link it.  I didn't see the beginning of the segment and I want to see the whole thing.  Before they were interviewing this guy they were interviewing an eyewitness to the concert shooting.  He got grazed by a bullet and saw it all go down around him and is a very good eyewitness.  Best I've seen and heard yet.

Pretending it never happens is why it happened....remember all the NO GO ZONES? TWo of the terrorists lived in them. Charlie Hebdo....remember that last January? I know you are scared because you live within driving distance of terror training camps, but quit being a scaredy cat

You can choose to stand up and defend yourself or rollover and die.....I am sure you are a rollover kind of guy

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

The witness I was referring to is the second one interviewed (I hadn't seen the first until now).  And the terrorism dude is interviewed after the eyewitnesses.

http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/60-minutes-the-paris-attacks/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum