Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

One game at a time

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1One game at a time Empty One game at a time 11/14/2015, 8:03 pm

Clemson does it again. cheers

One game at a time Clemso10

2One game at a time Empty Re: One game at a time 11/14/2015, 10:14 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

FSU......won. Enjoyed the game. Had tickets on the 40 yard line 20 rows up. Excellent!

3One game at a time Empty Re: One game at a time 11/14/2015, 10:26 pm

Great seats and great weather!

4One game at a time Empty Re: One game at a time 11/14/2015, 10:48 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I love being at the game....but I miss the instant replay.

5One game at a time Empty Re: One game at a time 11/14/2015, 11:32 pm

2seaoat

Where is Clemson? I have never heard of them much. Are they a division 1 school?

6One game at a time Empty Re: One game at a time 11/14/2015, 11:40 pm

2seaoat wrote:Where is Clemson?  I have never heard of them much.  Are they a division 1 school?

Laughing

yeah, right.

Where is Clemson? In the #1 spot in the nation.

Where is Clemson? Clemson, SC

Where is Clemson? #1 in the ACC west

Where is Clemson? On their way to the next game...

7One game at a time Empty Re: One game at a time 11/15/2015, 12:04 am

2seaoat

I honestly did not know. I wish I was being a smart asz, but I did not know where the school was. It is like Vanderbelt. Never knew where it was until Jay Cutler who graduated from there made me look it up. I had never heard of Clemson having any success in sports.....did I miss something? I do not know how they will beat Ohio State, but heck....I now know where they are from. I know Syracuse because of their great basketball teams and Jim Brown played La Crosse there, but Clemson.....have they ever had a successful pro?

8One game at a time Empty Re: One game at a time 11/15/2015, 12:12 am

Did you ever hear of William "The Refrigerator" Perry? He's a Clemson alumnus.

9One game at a time Empty Re: One game at a time 11/15/2015, 12:17 am

2seaoat

I did not know the fridge was from Clemson. I now have learned something this evening and have a point of reference. It is awful. I should have known what state Clemson was from, and when one of the kids I coached was an assistant football coach at Rutgers.....I honestly did not know what state Rutgers was in.......It is not hard figuring it out when the team is called Iowa, Alabama, or Florida.

10One game at a time Empty Re: One game at a time 11/15/2015, 8:58 am

Markle

Markle

You're not a Southerner or you'd know Clemson.

One would also expect you know how to use "Bing".

11One game at a time Empty Re: One game at a time 11/15/2015, 9:28 am

Markle wrote:You're not a Southerner or you'd know Clemson.

One would also expect you know how to use "Bing".

Seaoat brought conversation. Nothing wrong with that. I'm a Southerner and did not know where Samford University was until I lived in Alabama. No biggie.

12One game at a time Empty Re: One game at a time 11/15/2015, 9:57 am

It is a bit odd however. He follows college football and basketball.

13One game at a time Empty Re: One game at a time 11/15/2015, 10:55 am

2seaoat

I knew where Samford was because I golfed with my Uncle and one of his friends who had graduated from Samford, but again my family is from Opelika and Birmingham. I honestly did not know what state Clemson was from. I do not think it is a Southern or Yankee thing because like I said, I did not know where Rutgers was, and I remember not knowing where Villanova University was located. I follow pro sports primarily, and college sports as a secondary entertainment. I actually like following high school sports more than college sports, but do love the NCAA basketball tournament, and probably never paid much attention to Clemson because they never did well in the tournament. Heck, as I am thinking about it, I do not know where Davidson is.....so do not take offense, but Clemson to me is Davidson and I find it strange that a team I did not even know where it was located is actually leading in the polls.

14One game at a time Empty Re: One game at a time 11/15/2015, 11:22 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:I knew where Samford was because I golfed with my Uncle and one of his friends who had graduated from Samford, but again my family is from Opelika and Birmingham.   I honestly did not know what state Clemson was from.  I do not think it is a Southern or Yankee thing because like I said, I did not know where Rutgers was, and I remember not knowing where Villanova University was located.  I follow pro sports primarily, and college sports as a secondary entertainment.  I actually like following high school sports more than college sports, but do love the NCAA basketball tournament, and probably never paid much attention to Clemson because they never did well in the tournament.  Heck, as I am thinking about it, I do not know where Davidson is.....so do not take offense, but Clemson to me is Davidson and I find it strange that a team I did not even know where it was located is actually leading in the polls.

Cumberland School of Law.

15One game at a time Empty Re: One game at a time 11/15/2015, 12:36 pm

2seaoat

Eurika college is where Ronald Reagan attended, and I did not know where this school was and it is in Illinois and less than a hundred and fifty miles from where I now live. I just had NO knowledge of the school. Clemson leading the polls is shocking to me. I honestly thought they were not a division one school and some small private school. I was familiar with the name, and now have the fridge associated with the school and have looked it up on wiki, but this idea that people should know some obscure school is expecting too much.....it does not matter as I said before.....Ohio state will take down the two Michigan teams and will repeat, but I may have just cursed them.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum