Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Politico admits to fabricating story about Carson

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

http://thefederalist.com/2015/11/06/politico-admits-fabricating-a-hit-piece-on-ben-carson/#.Vj0_0zQmMeo.twitter

Racists

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/11/ben-carson-west-point-215598

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Yeah and Hillary said she was named after sir Edmund Hillary....whoops.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

After taking in this whole story about the scholarship,  what Carson did is not actually "lying" to me.   Not in the same way so many other politicians have been caught lying.  What he put in his book was more like bragging than lying,  although he was careless with the truth.
I now accept the fact that he would have been able to enroll in West Point and he would have received financial aid which he deserved. 
Since there is no such thing as a "scholarship" to West Point is what makes him careless with the truth.  But since scholarships are routine to most all univerisities,  I can even see myself being unaware that West Point is the exception and inadvertently using that word incorrectly.  But it wouldn't be lying.

So I no longer see the problem with Carson as being "lying".

However,  the thing I'm concerned about is an individual who has a history of  attempting to knife someone to death and attempting to murder his mother by hitting her in the head with a hammer.
That means a lot more to me than obsessing on the word "scholarship".

Just as I'm more apt to obsess on Clinton's statement that his China Trade Agreement would "create a one way street of trade to China from the U.S.";
than I am his statement "it depends on what the meaning of is is".

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Politico did interviews with people who knew him growing up. It's possible that he fabricated much of what he says about those incidents. Maybe he wants to appear "tough", because he comes across as wimpy, despite his ROTC background.

Floridatexan wrote:

Politico did interviews with people who knew him growing up. It's possible that he fabricated much of what he says about those incidents. Maybe he wants to appear "tough", because he comes across as wimpy, despite his ROTC background.

Wouldn't that be the rational when obama described drug dabbling and seeking out the fringe intellectual elements?

I assume you are prepared to give carson the benefit of the doubt then? Especially when you consider both of their upbringings. Carson truly lived the struggle... public housing, education, environment. While obama lived in private gated communities, private schools, and some mysterious benefactors that PUT him through the finest educational facilities. But look at which of the two you would defend without limit... and look at the one that you are so easy to disparage and malign. Try to explain that to yourself.

Floridatexan wrote:

Politico did interviews with people who knew him growing up.  It's possible that he fabricated much of what he says about those incidents.  Maybe he wants to appear "tough", because he comes across as wimpy, despite his ROTC background.  

It's a FACT that POLITICO rescinded their story batwinger. Get over it. Carson doesn't lie like Obama and Hillary.

What kind of wimpy background does Obama and HIllary have? Carson grew up in the hood. Obama and Hillary had sheltered lives.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PkrBum wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

Politico did interviews with people who knew him growing up.  It's possible that he fabricated much of what he says about those incidents.  Maybe he wants to appear "tough", because he comes across as wimpy, despite his ROTC background.  

Wouldn't that be the rational when obama described drug dabbling and seeking out the fringe  intellectual elements?

I assume you are prepared to give carson the benefit of the doubt then? Especially when you consider both of their upbringings. Carson truly lived the struggle... public housing, education, environment.  While obama lived in private gated communities, private schools, and some mysterious benefactors that PUT him through the finest educational facilities. But look at which of the two you would defend without limit... and look at the one that you are so easy to disparage and malign. Try to explain that to yourself.

I don't need your warped input to explain things to myself. I first heard Obama speak at the DNC in 2004. I knew then that he was destined for greatness, although at that point I didn't consider that he would be President only 4 years later. Carson did "live the struggle", but he had government benefits to help him through that...benefits he would now like to deny to others. He doesn't have the support of many other blacks because he has placed himself politically in opposition to their wants and needs. He may be a brilliant surgeon, but his politics reek of self-serving narcissism. And he lies.

"wants and needs" Therein lies the biggest racist trap of all. All a citizen should require is a fair shot. Humans don't need layers of safety nets and redistributed free shit. At most the govt should provide temporary unemployment and severe disability.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Obamasucks wrote:
It's a FACT that POLITICO rescinded their story

When I first spotted your thread,  I googled to find a Politico page which has them rescinding the story. 
I can't find it.  Can you link us to it?

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/les-leopold/wage-theft-comes-to-ameri_b_8398150.html

Politico admits to fabricating story about Carson  2015-10-27-1445951578-1469941-wagegapX-thumb

Ratio of Average Worker Pay to CEO Compensation -- 1970 to Present

Level playing field? Hahahahaha.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

The thing to keep in mind about Carson's statements, is that his whole Horatio Alger story is vital to his political image. In fact, he is trying and has succeeded (particularly with Tea party evangelicals) to present himself as an intelligent, compassionate, Jesus-fearing political outsider.

That image is tarnishing fast as we are made to realize that he's embellished his history to suit his current political needs -- an act that's very much the same strategy utilized by all the confirmed politicos who run for office in Washington.

The thing everyone needs to keep in mind in Carson and Trump and Fiorina's cases, is that the performance of an outsider suddenly handed the reins of government, with all the international and domestic geopolitical ramifications, is no different, virtually, than allowing Trump or Fiorina to attempt a critical brain surgery. Meaning well and being smart and loving Jesus just isn't going to be enough.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

And of course Obama was an i n s i d e r...fully trained to deal with a world full of hostility, disaster and bad stuff....O K A Y.....Yeah that community organizer stuff is head and shoulders above military or business training ....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum