Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Update: Newt Gingrich being discussed! McCarthy drops out of race for House Speaker; Election Postponed

+3
ZVUGKTUBM
TEOTWAWKI
Markle
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Markle

Markle

McCarthy drops out of race for House Speaker; Election Postponed

McCarthy stood up at the Committee meeting and said I am not the person for Speaker of the House at this time.

Markle

Markle

Newt Gingrich being put forth as option for House speaker!

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

NEWT a Zionist neocon shill....just say NO !

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

TEOTWAWKI wrote:NEWT a Zionist neocon shill....just say NO !

No worries.... semi-demented poster Markle would first have to find a way to get him back into Congress....

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

No worries.... semi-demented poster Markle would first have to find a way to get him back into Congress....

I did not overestimate you.  Somehow I knew that since you had not been instructed by your handlers about the US Constitution and who may serve as Speaker of the House of Representatives.

Check your resources, other than the DailyKOS or The Nation and you'll learn that the Speaker of the House need not be a member of the House of Representatives.  In fact, if you could garner 218 votes, you could be House Speaker.

It is a shame what is being churned out today and in past years that is supposed to pass for education.

2seaoat

Actually, Gingrich could reach compromises, but that is the problem. Compromise and governance are two concepts the radical reactionary nihilist cannot tolerate. It is not better government, but no government. The Oligarchy's dream.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

After so much of the country became so opposed to Obama and the democrats (regardless of whether it's warranted which is not the point);
the Republicans had the definite advantage and should have ended up in control of Congress (both houses) and the Presidency as a result of this upcoming election.
But if the 2016 elections were held today,  that advantage may not be able to overcome their ineptness.
And if they don't get their shit together before long,  that could also be the outcome of the voting next year.

Think about what a huge contest this is.  If the republicans were to get control of congress and the presidency,  that could produce a sea change in this government in both it's domestic and foreign policy.  

And by the way,  the term is "sea" change and not "seed" change as many believe.  It originates from the title of Elizabeth Jane Howard's novel 'The Sea Change'.
And what it means in this case,  is the difference between wanting more wars and being sick of wars.  And wanting a bigger federal government vs a smaller one.  And having gun control vs no gun control.  And wanting open immigration vs building a wall and deportation.  And on and on.
In other words,  it means potentially a ginormous difference in what happens with the country.  
I guess.  lol

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Markle wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

I did not overestimate you.  Somehow I knew that since you had not been instructed by your handlers about the US Constitution and who may serve as Speaker of the House of Representatives.

Check your resources, other than the DailyKOS or The Nation and you'll learn that the Speaker of the House need not be a member of the House of Representatives.  In fact, if you could garner 218 votes, you could be House Speaker.

It is a shame what is being churned out today and in past years that is supposed to pass for education.

What's a shame is the way the presumptive Speaker opened mouth, inserted foot.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

2seaoat wrote:Actually, Gingrich could reach compromises, but that is the problem.  Compromise and governance are two concepts the radical reactionary nihilist cannot tolerate.  It is not better government, but no government.  The Oligarchy's dream.

You have hit the nail on the head. This is exactly what the oligarchy wants and is well on its way to getting. I do not know if the right wing crazies really believe what they say, their false patriotism quips etc. or if they are just playing the role to attract low information voters or are they actually as you say elsewhere the stealth take over crew?

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Markle wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

It is true that a person not be a member of Congress in order to become Speaker, however you must admit that this is a condition that is usually not part of the normal way things are done. I hear a person also does not have to be an attorney in order to be a Supreme Court Judge but that too is an unlikely situation.

Any outside candidate for Speaker would have to be a compromise choice needing both R and D votes, another unlikely scenario but one, sadly with this current coven of Republican representatives that might be required in order to fill the position.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum