Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROSPECT OF A SHUTDOWN GROWS HERE WE GO AGAIN!

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

knothead

knothead

http://thehill.com/policy/finance/253443-prospect-of-shutdown-grows

The prospect of a second government shutdown in two years is growing as House conservatives pledge to oppose any funding measure that includes money for Planned Parenthood.

GOP leaders face a familiar problem.

A measure that blocks funding for Planned Parenthood would almost certainly lack the votes to pass the Senate, and would be vetoed by President Obama.
But Republicans in the House don't have enough GOP votes to approve a funding measure that continues funding for Planned Parenthood, and don't want to negotiate with Democrats.

Conservatives headed to their districts on Friday expressing certainty that they would force GOP leaders to include a hold on Planned Parenthood funding.

And as in past funding fights, they insisted it would be the Democrats and President Obama who would be blamed for a shutdown.

“Will the president shut down and defund the troops in order to fund Planned Parenthood?” said Rep. Tim Huelskamp (R-Kan.). “I don't think he's that politically stupid, but we shall see.”

Rep. Walter Jones (R-N.C.), another conservative, sounded a similar theme.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

PROSPECT OF A SHUTDOWN GROWS HERE WE GO AGAIN!  Boehner_devo

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

2seaoat

The Hyde amendment did not allow federal money to fund abortions. It does not fund abortions at PP. A woman who uses contraceptives takes control of her life. She is empowered. The attacks on PP are more about woman being empowered than funding abortions. So those folks who claim to want liberty, just do not feel comfortable with women who are independent and free. I think I get this. I also note that folks on this forum who have had difficulty with the opposite sex, are good with the government controlling women's choices. I think I get that also.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum