Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Another Marine Helicopter Has a 'Hard Landing'

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

1 killed in Marines helicopter hard landing at Camp Lejeune

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/03/us/north-carolina-marines-helicopter-death/index.html

A CH-53E apparently experienced a 'hard landing' at Camp Lejeune last night, whereby one Marine was killed.

The Marines of late have taken to report their Class A mishaps as 'hard landings' instead of just calling them crashes. I am sure that aircraft is either in pieces or it is a smoking pile of melted aluminum (53s are notorious for catching fire when they go down).

All models of the CH-53 (A, D, and E) have been notorious widow-makers since the A model was introduced in 1966. I flew the CH-53 A and D, and came real close to buying the farm myself twice. There were so many accidents in those aircraft in the early 1980s that surviving family members of dead aircrew tried filing a product liability lawsuit against Sikorsky.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Bumble Bees and helicopters , neither one are air-worthy.

2seaoat

There were so many accidents in those aircraft in the early 1980s that surviving family members of dead aircrew tried filing a product liability lawsuit against Sikorsky.

The fares doctrine allows military to skate on product liability and this allows our military family members to be fodder for product testing without ANY ramifications for poor design and manufacturing. I had a friend's son who was flying hurricane radar planes out of Biloxi who was killed after taking off because of a failure of a part. They actually sued, but the fares doctrine cut them off at the knees. I understand the policy of not hampering our military, but the military should in contracting with manufacturing a secondary product liability insurance policy which would give every serviceman's family $250,000 for a failure of their product which would be arbitrated. Will not happen, but more will die.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum