Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I wonder if this is true?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1I wonder if this is true? Empty I wonder if this is true? 9/13/2012, 4:39 pm

Ambassador to Egypt Anne Patterson did not permit U.S. Marine guards to carry live ammunition. If true, have these idiot ambassadors NOT learned the very hard lessons of the past?

2I wonder if this is true? Empty Re: I wonder if this is true? 9/13/2012, 4:42 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

I posted this on the thread about ships being sent. But I'm glad you started a thread about it because if it's true, it's an outrage. I cannot imagine U.S. Marines being unable to defend themselves and the embassy staff.

3I wonder if this is true? Empty Re: I wonder if this is true? 9/13/2012, 4:45 pm

If it is true we should have packed up and left that place long ago.. And quit giving aid to the bastards too.. It really Pisses me off about the aid we give these countries.. especially the ones who hate us so much..

4I wonder if this is true? Empty Re: I wonder if this is true? 9/13/2012, 4:46 pm

allowing americans to be killed is the ultimate act of tolerance and is true enlightenment.

5I wonder if this is true? Empty Re: I wonder if this is true? 9/13/2012, 5:10 pm

If this is true, then Patterson should be canned and possibly be prosecuted for irresponsible behavior to her oath of office to protect the US interests. She betrayed the trust given to her by her appointment to that position. Had any American citizen been killed at the embassy attack in Egypt, I would say that she would be guilty of murder or at the least manslaughter.

6I wonder if this is true? Empty Re: I wonder if this is true? 9/13/2012, 5:13 pm

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/09/egypt-embassy-marines-live-ammo
I guess it won't be long before the truth comes out on this one..
If they didn't have ammo then why didn't the attackers kill them too or if they were armed why didn't a bunch of attackers die?

7I wonder if this is true? Empty Re: I wonder if this is true? 9/13/2012, 5:17 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

No one's been killed in Egypt....yet.

8I wonder if this is true? Empty Re: I wonder if this is true? 9/13/2012, 5:25 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

And....what I've heard is that there were NO Marine guards at the embassy in Libya. Does anyone know anything about this? I haven't researched it, but if true, I think the Ambassador is to blame. But that being the case, he paid for that mistake with his own life.

9I wonder if this is true? Empty Re: I wonder if this is true? 9/13/2012, 5:26 pm

nochain wrote:Ambassador to Egypt Anne Patterson did not permit U.S. Marine guards to carry live ammunition. If true, have these idiot ambassadors NOT learned the very hard lessons of the past?

Marines are at the beck and call of the Ambassador who, in the absence of a military presence, is the lead military commander in a country. So, if the aforementioned person says that the MSG assigned to an embassy will go unarmed, then unarmed it will be. I was a few weeks from actually heading to MSG school back in the day just before I decided not to reenlist.

10I wonder if this is true? Empty Re: I wonder if this is true? 9/13/2012, 5:27 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

No Marine Guards in Libya

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/sep/13/us-defends-security-at-consulatethough-it-lacked-m/

11I wonder if this is true? Empty Re: I wonder if this is true? 9/13/2012, 7:22 pm

Nekochan wrote:No Marine Guards in Libya

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/sep/13/us-defends-security-at-consulatethough-it-lacked-m/

from the article you posted...

although a State Department source said it lacked the Marine guards common at larger diplomatic missions.

The senior administration official said a force of locally contracted Libyan guards was stationed outside the compound

------------------
seems stupid to not have any american armed gaurds in a place that recently had such an uprising. Not even on a day such as 911 that should have had hightened security. and they used locally contracted people, not very smart.

This doesnt set well for us. we look very very week.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum