Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Alabama Gov. Robert J. Bentley supports Kasich

+3
gatorfan
Hospital Bob
nadalfan
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

nadalfan

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politics/2015/0817/John-Kasich-clinches-major-Southern-endorsement-Why-that-matters

"I feel he can win. I really do," Bentley said of Kasich, according to AL.com. "We've had some changes in attitudes and philosophies in the last eight years that maybe require that we move back a little to the center. And I realize that maybe the country has changed some of its attitudes about things. And I think John understands that too but can help get us back a little more to the center."

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

So far the media, for the most part, is not giving Kasich and his ideas the exposure he needs to gain traction.
His prospects would have been better if Trump had not sucked all the air out of the campaign.

gatorfan

Trump is a wind bag. Kasich has a brain and I'm all for some moderation, it's past time for the silent majority on both sides to get behind a moderate and leave the loud fringe nuts in the dust.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Kasich is interesting.

From what I've read about him, I don't like his stance on marijuana legalization though ... perhaps he will come to see the light?

2seaoat

Make no mistake about Kasich he is hard core conservative and has a track record to prove his credentials.  He will win Ohio.  He will win Florida.  He cares about people and my only concern will be his foreign policy stance on the middle east.  I am confident he is the man to cut defense spending and balance our budget.  I also do not think he will balance the budget on the backs of poor people.  He is a traditional Republican who I can support and I will gladly cast a ballot for in the primary.  He will need to clarify a few of his positions, but I think America could rally around the middle after three decades of extremes.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/john-kasich-opposed-legalized-marijuana/2015/04/21/id/639937/ wrote:Ohio Gov. John Kasich says he is "totally opposed" to legalized marijuana, but wouldn't fight to enforce federal anti-pot laws in states that have legalized it, such as Colorado and Washington.

Appearing Tuesday on Hugh Hewitt's radio show, Kasich admitted he had had not thought much about the issue, but said he would do so now. He said despite the federal law, he considers it a states' rights issue and wouldn't take action as president to reverse laws passed by states.

"The people in those states have voted that way. The federal government decided to look the other way," he said.

Well, okay ... I can live with that.  (yes, I do have a litmus test)

Sal

Sal

Kasich is not moving the needle.

Like it or not, Republican primary voters do not want reasonable and moderate, they want angry and crazy.

Kasich might do alright in the general, but he has no chance in the primary.

He's no dummy, he knows all of this.

That why he won't even criticize the Trumpster Fire.

He wants the second spot on a ticket and doesn't want to damage his options.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Salinsky wrote:Kasich is not moving the needle.

Like it or not, Republican primary voters do not want reasonable and moderate, they want angry and crazy.

Kasich might do alright in the general, but he has no chance in the primary.

He's no dummy, he knows all of this.

That why he won't even criticize the Trumpster Fire.

He wants the second spot on a ticket and doesn't want to damage his options.

I basically agree with all of that.  If I find any disagreement it's only partly with your last sentence.

I think he got in the race with every intention of wanting to get the Presidency itself and probably still does.  
But he's realistic enough to settle for running mate if that's all that can come out of it.  And of course he knows how important a popular political figure in Ohio would be to any nominee.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

gatorfan wrote:Trump is a wind bag. Kasich has a brain and I'm all for some moderation, it's past time for the silent majority on both sides to get behind a moderate and leave the loud fringe nuts in the dust.

I agree that it is high-time for a moderate.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Sal

Sal

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
gatorfan wrote:Trump is a wind bag. Kasich has a brain and I'm all for some moderation, it's past time for the silent majority on both sides to get behind a moderate and leave the loud fringe nuts in the dust.

I agree that it is high-time for a moderate.

Obama is a moderate.

Hillary is a moderate.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Salinsky wrote:[font=Arial Black]
Like it or not, Republican primary voters do not want reasonable and moderate, they want angry and crazy. ...

There's a difference in what self-reported "Republican" voters tell pollsters they want .... and what is decided by the people who actually get off their sofas & go participate in the actual open or closed primaries; or attend a caucus.

(hence .... Romney)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum