Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Now Surfing This Website Using 'Windows Edge'

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I just partook of the free Windows 10 upgrade. It was an easy install, and took about an hour.

It is different from Windows 7, for sure. I am going to have to add tweaks and changes, but hopefully, I will like it. I was a Windows XP user for 13 years, and only upgraded to Windows 7 a year ago.

Windows Internet Explorer has been replaced with Windows Edge. Not a bad experience, except that my favorites are jumbled in a heap, and will require organization.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Rumor has it that 10 is the police state version...it will poll every bit of software on your system and check it's licensing and you will be fined if you don't have the proper paperwork....

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Rumor has it that 10 is the police state version...it will poll every bit of software on your system and check it's licensing and you will be fined if you don't have the proper paperwork....

Luckily, I own licenses to all of the software on this computer (well, I do use some freeware).

Now, my last computer had loads of software from my previous employer, since I worked from home my last three years with the company. I decided that I needed to upgrade all, including owning my own software when I bought my new machine.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

When the SWAT team arrives just show them your papers...glad you are doing it right...I switched to Linix Mint on my main surfer puter....

dumpcare

I was going to download window's 10 the other day but checked with my sister-in-law a computer tech, she said to wait. Seems there are some parts of windows 7 missing that you may need and you have to purchase them. Also a rumor among these techie's is you may have to pay for updates. So I will wait to see if before the year of free download it works for everyone else. I have two computer's with 7 and 1 with 8.1 and all navigate and work just fine.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Just get a mac.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Actually, I like Windows 10 so far. Besides erasing my calendar, it erased my score of a solitaire game I play (not a Windows game). I will just have to start over.

My daughter gave me Galaxy of Games solitaire, which has 50 solitaire games on it, in 1998. It has migrated to every computer I have owned, since. I only play Whitehead Solitaire, which is a difficult game. I played it so much, that soon after I installed it, my daughter told me she was going to delete it from my computer, because I "...played it too much..." I told her she would do no such thing. I was up to 5,000 games when I rebuilt my computer in August, 2014, and it had been rebuilt twice before that, in 2003 and 2008. I was up over 2,000 from last August, but now I am erased down to 97. I had been working a strategy to build my percentage of wins past 78% (unsuccessfully, I might add), and now I must begin anew at 97 games and 74% wins.

The only other game I play is Scrabble at Pogo.com. I pay $39 a year for a premium membership, and am now up to 6 million points. I have a strategy to reach 7 million by early Spring 2016.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum