Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

"Ritualistic killing" in Pensacola

+6
Markle
Hospital Bob
ZVUGKTUBM
dumpcare
Joanimaroni
boards of FL
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

boards of FL

boards of FL

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/04/us/florida-slayings-ritualistic-witchcraft/index.html

This is nuts.

(CNN)Investigators found three people hammered to death with their throats slit inside a Florida home in a case that authorities said Tuesday could be linked to witchcraft.

The way the victims were killed, the position of their bodies and the timing of the slayings has detectives wondering whether a triple homicide was a "ritualistic killing" tied to last week's blue moon, a sheriff told reporters Tuesday.

The victims' throats had been slit and all three of them were hit with a claw hammer, Escambia County Sheriff David Morgan said, according to video posted on The Pensacola News-Journal's website.

There are "some indications in the investigation that witchcraft may have been involved," sheriff's office spokeswoman Sena Madison told CNN.

Authorities have questioned a person of interest, Morgan said.

"Initial research has led us to believe that there was a potential that it was a ritualistic killing," he said.

Sheriff: Slain family was 'reclusive'
Combing through the crime scene of the complicated case has taken investigators days, he said, and they still haven't arrested or charged anyone in the killings.

"The elements of the case," Morgan told reporters, "are odd at best."

The three victims -- 77-year-old Voncile Smith and her sons, 49-year-old Richard Thomas Smith and 47-year-old John William Smith -- came from a "very reclusive family," the sheriff said. Neighbors who'd lived near them for years told investigators they'd never met them. Richard Thomas Smith, a Department of Homeland Security employee, had also been shot in the head in what authorities believe was an effort to incapacitate him.

The method of the killings and how the bodies were positioned when investigators found them on Friday also made the crime scene "very complex," the sheriff said.

The timing of the killings is also notable and coincided with last week's blue moon, Morgan said, though he didn't specify exactly how.

The bodies were discovered on Friday, the same day as the rare lunar event. Investigators believe that the killing occurred Tuesday evening, Morgan said.

No signs of forced entry
Authorities haven't released the identity of the so-called person of interest or detailed why they believe that person, who practices witchcraft, is tied to the case.

"There are different factions of (witchcraft). While it doesn't bother me to release that particular thing, I most assuredly do not want to defame or demean any particular practice," Morgan said.

There were no signs of forced entry or robbery at the home, he said, and authorities are still searching for information about what happened.

"While we have a person of interest," Morgan said, "there are still many things about this case we want to pursue."

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Perhaps the positioning of the bodies leans toward ritualistic as well as the scene inside the home.

dumpcare

Wasn't the lunar event, blue moon Friday July 31st? The day they were found, but murder's took place on Tuesday?

The wiccan's on FB wear thread are very pissed and don't believe it was anyone involved in witchcraft or black magic. Also very suspicious since Richard I believe was homeland security and throats were slit.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Why can't Pensacola make the national news for something positive for a change?

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

dumpcare

Every once in awhile the weather channel will show their cam of the beach and say something like "Beautiful day on Pensacola Bch", but I've been here 25 years and can't remember anything positive on national news about Pensacola.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

And all over this stupid "blue moon" thing.
When I heard about the blue moon, I got really excited about the prospect of seeing a blue colored moon.
And then when I went outside to see it, it was exactly the same old moon I've seen every time I've looked at it for the past 66 years.
I was so pissed off at all the hype surrounding it that I could have killed somebody over it too.

Markle

Markle

ppaca wrote:Every once in awhile the weather channel will show their cam of the beach and say something like "Beautiful day on Pensacola Bch", but I've been here 25 years and can't remember anything positive on national news about Pensacola.

You mean like "NO PLANE CRASHES IN PENSACOLA TODAY"?

2seaoat

had also been shot in the head in what authorities believe was an effort to incapacitate him.

Do you think.....

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Wiccans are not Satanists.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Were the victims wiccans too?  Or only the murderer?

If the answer is it's the former,  then it starts to get like most of the home invasions.  After you keep reading about it, it usually turns out the "victims" in those home invasions are lowlifes like the perps.
And when that happens,  I start to care a lot less about the "victims".  And the same would apply to this.

However,  when trash like this starts to murdering innocent people who aren't just another bunch of trash,  that's what gets my blood to heating up.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

So .... it happened on a blue moon night and the bodies were deliberately positioned somehow.   And based upon that the good Sheriff's conclusion is  "They wuz witches!!!"      ????    

How 'bout maybe just a plain ole deranged person?  

When a deranged Christian murders someone do they call it a "ritualistic" killing?    
Example:
Pamela Christensen has been charged with the attempted murder of her three daughters so they would “meet Jesus Christ” after receiving instructions from her husband (who is a pastor) about the “world coming to an end”  according to court documents.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

What kind of moron in 2015 still believes in "witches"? Do they believe in Leprechauns and the easter bunny too?

2seaoat

What kind of moron in 2015 still believes in "witches"? Do they believe in Leprechauns and the easter bunny too?

There are folks who consider themselves witches.  They regularly meet in the summer where hundreds get together with ritual, and they mostly believe in free uninhibited sex.  I had a friend whose wife became deeply involved with the same that the marriage ended in divorce.  Its the real deal.  A campground in Dekalb Illinois was closed down because of the wild orgies and loud music these regular conventions caused the neighbors to freak out.  I thought it was a  joke until my friend gave the details of her wife traveling to Peoria Illinois once a month to participate in pagan rituals which were highly sexual.  There are all kinds of variations of wicca, but according to him his wife had become involved in a cult and was completely controlled by the group.  She let him have everything in the divorce....she just wanted to keep her lifestyle and religion.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Bob wrote:What kind of moron in 2015 still believes in "witches"?  Do they believe in Leprechauns and the easter bunny too?

Don't know about the Easter Bunny .... but there is a Leprechaun in Mobile, ya know.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

2seaoat wrote:What kind of moron in 2015 still believes in "witches"? Do they believe in Leprechauns and the easter bunny too?

There are folks who consider themselves witches.  They regularly meet in the summer where hundreds get together with ritual, and they mostly believe in free uninhibited sex.  I had a friend whose wife became deeply involved with the same that the marriage ended in divorce.  Its the real deal.  A campground in Dekalb Illinois was closed down because of the wild orgies and loud music these regular conventions caused the neighbors to freak out.  I thought it was a  joke until my friend gave the details of her wife traveling to Peoria Illinois once a month to participate in pagan rituals which were highly sexual.  There are all kinds of variations of wicca, but according to him his wife had become involved in a cult and was completely controlled by the group.  She let him have everything in the divorce....she just wanted to keep her lifestyle and religion.

I've known some Wiccans over the years and so far as I can tell, the modern day religion known as "Wicca" is kind of a made-up thing and I'm not aware of any sex orgies associated with it .... much less ritualistic killings.

As what you're friend's wife was involved in .... can't tell ya anything about that except sounds like some kind of cult that needed a religious excuse to have orgies.  

Why didn't they just go to a private campground?   I was at a biker rally on private property in Alabama last weekend where all kinds of things were going on including naked people, open drinking & smoking rope, & lots of loud music (no public orgies that I saw.)    Interestingly, during the Saturday night "blue moon",  Confederate flags were abundant in the crowd of well over 500 (by my estimate) as the band played an excellent rendition of Free Bird, topless women danced on the two poles stationed on the dance floor in front of the stage .... during the height of the guitar solo, the crowd went wild when a fellow jumped on stage runway with an American flag mounted upside down on a pole & waved it throughout the rest of the song.   There were no community complaints I heard of.   No black people either.   ('SeaOat' might have been offended.)

Sal

Sal

EmeraldGhost wrote:I was at a biker rally on private property in Alabama last weekend where all kinds of things were going on including naked people, open drinking & smoking rope, & lots of loud music (no public orgies that I saw.)    Interestingly, during the Saturday night "blue moon",  Confederate flags were abundant in the crowd of well over 500 (by my estimate) as the band played an excellent rendition of Free Bird, topless women danced on the two poles stationed on the dance floor in front of the stage .... during the height of the guitar solo, the crowd went wild when a fellow jumped on stage runway with an American flag mounted upside down on a pole & waved it throughout the rest of the song.   There were no community complaints I heard of.   No black people either.   ('SeaOat' might have been offended.)

Where's one of those tactical nukes when we need one?

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Snark Spigot wrote:
EmeraldGhost wrote:I was at a biker rally on private property in Alabama last weekend where all kinds of things were going on including naked people, open drinking & smoking rope, & lots of loud music (no public orgies that I saw.)    Interestingly, during the Saturday night "blue moon",  Confederate flags were abundant in the crowd of well over 500 (by my estimate) as the band played an excellent rendition of Free Bird, topless women danced on the two poles stationed on the dance floor in front of the stage .... during the height of the guitar solo, the crowd went wild when a fellow jumped on stage runway with an American flag mounted upside down on a pole & waved it throughout the rest of the song.   There were no community complaints I heard of.   No black people either.   ('SeaOat' might have been offended.)

LOL!   You liberals crack me up .... always wanting to control people's behavior that ain't botherin no one else; stifle free speech; even kill those who don't fall in line with your progressive ideology; not to mention just being party-poopers in general.

Oughta try practicing what you preach sometime.   You might find it liberating.   "All we are saaaaaaying, is give peace a chance .....  Laughing

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

EmeraldGhost wrote:
LOL!   You liberals crack me up .... always wanting to control people's behavior that ain't botherin no one else; stifle free speech; even kill those who don't fall in line with your progressive ideology; not to mention just being party-poopers in general.

Oughta try practicing what you preach sometime.   You might find it liberating.   "All we are saaaaaaying, is give peace a chance .....  Laughing

Snark Spigot is too young for "give peace a chance". That's my hippie generation. He's the next generation who came up first as a reaganite and then he switched to liberal.
In other words he's the reverse of Donald Trump. He went from conservative to liberal. lol

p.s. however, that's not a slam on Trump. Unless Trump really stumbles in the wrastlin arena tonight, I'm close to putting a Trump for President sign in my yard. And I've never put an election sign in my yard ever before this.

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:
p.s.  however,  that's not a slam on Trump.  Unless Trump really stumbles in the wrastlin arena tonight,  I'm close to putting a Trump for President sign in my yard.  And I've never put an election sign in my yard ever before this.

On which issue in particular do you agree the most with Mr. Trump, Bob?

dumpcare

EmeraldGhost wrote:
Snark Spigot wrote:

Hold on a minute here, this sounds just like the republican party. Who trys the most to control people's behavior? You better really think this through.

I know both party's want to control us, but over my year's I believe you repubs have tried the most to control the way you think.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

ppaca wrote:

Hold on a minute here, this sounds just like the republican party. Who trys the most to control people's behavior? You better really think this through.

I know both party's want to control us, but over my year's I believe you repubs have tried the most to control the way you think.

"you repubs" .... who you talkin' to 'ppaca' ???

Sorry, but i doubt my views fit any of your neat little partisan pigeonholes.   I'm a constituency of one  Laughing

In any case .... I'd have to say liberals are about as anti-individual-liberty as conservatives, if not more so. Just on different issues.

2seaoat

I do not like loud music keeping me up all night at twenty, or at 63, but if you want to have a party and your music is far enough away to have a great time.....I have no problem........I fly the American flag right side up, and most of the folks I know who ride bikes do too....at Sturgis I never saw an upside down flag......you have established yourself as a hater......that is your right....but stop pretending on the issues that you are nothing more than a dog whistle participant.  You lost the war......justice and equality won......and the funniest part is that a Yankee produced Freebird.......a Jewish Yankee.....too funny.

boards of FL wrote:http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/04/us/florida-slayings-ritualistic-witchcraft/index.html

This is nuts.

(CNN)Investigators found three people hammered to death with their throats slit inside a Florida home in a case that authorities said Tuesday could be linked to witchcraft.

The way the victims were killed, the position of their bodies and the timing of the slayings has detectives wondering whether a triple homicide was a "ritualistic killing" tied to last week's blue moon, a sheriff told reporters Tuesday.

The victims' throats had been slit and all three of them were hit with a claw hammer, Escambia County Sheriff David Morgan said, according to video posted on The Pensacola News-Journal's website.

There are "some indications in the investigation that witchcraft may have been involved," sheriff's office spokeswoman Sena Madison told CNN.

Authorities have questioned a person of interest, Morgan said.

"Initial research has led us to believe that there was a potential that it was a ritualistic killing," he said.

Sheriff: Slain family was 'reclusive'
Combing through the crime scene of the complicated case has taken investigators days, he said, and they still haven't arrested or charged anyone in the killings.

"The elements of the case," Morgan told reporters, "are odd at best."

The three victims -- 77-year-old Voncile Smith and her sons, 49-year-old Richard Thomas Smith and 47-year-old John William Smith -- came from a "very reclusive family," the sheriff said. Neighbors who'd lived near them for years told investigators they'd never met them. Richard Thomas Smith, a Department of Homeland Security employee, had also been shot in the head in what authorities believe was an effort to incapacitate him.

The method of the killings and how the bodies were positioned when investigators found them on Friday also made the crime scene "very complex," the sheriff said.

The timing of the killings is also notable and coincided with last week's blue moon, Morgan said, though he didn't specify exactly how.

The bodies were discovered on Friday, the same day as the rare lunar event. Investigators believe that the killing occurred Tuesday evening, Morgan said.

No signs of forced entry
Authorities haven't released the identity of the so-called person of interest or detailed why they believe that person, who practices witchcraft, is tied to the case.

"There are different factions of (witchcraft). While it doesn't bother me to release that particular thing, I most assuredly do not want to defame or demean any particular practice," Morgan said.

There were no signs of forced entry or robbery at the home, he said, and authorities are still searching for information about what happened.

"While we have a person of interest," Morgan said, "there are still many things about this case we want to pursue."

....and you are still against guns.....

2seaoat

....and you are still against guns.....

Who are you addressing your question.  It is so lacking in intelligence and context, I guess somebody might ask you are you still against the use of the brain before typing.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

2seaoat wrote:I do not like loud music keeping me up all night at twenty, or at 63, but if you want to have a party and your music is far enough away to have a great time.....I have no problem........I fly the American flag right side up, and most of the folks I know who ride bikes do too....at Sturgis I never saw an upside down flag......you have established yourself as a hater......that is your right....but stop pretending on the issues that you are nothing more than a dog whistle participant.  You lost the war......justice and equality won......and the funniest part is that a Yankee produced Freebird.......a Jewish Yankee.....too funny.

Sturgis, Daytona, etc are all over-rated & lame.

You are aware the meaning of an upside down flag, are you not?

I have no problem with "Jewish Yankees."

Not my problem with if you can't stay up for a party. Had your geritol today?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum