Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Koch Bros Give Trump the Cold Shoulder

+2
Sal
Hospital Bob
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sal

Sal

This could really set him on the path to running as an independent.

Let the Trumpster fire burn!

Koch Bros Give Trump the Cold Shoulder Popcorn_stephen_colbert

The Koch brothers are freezing out Donald Trump from their influential political operation — denying him access to their state-of-the-art data and refusing to let him speak to their gatherings of grass-roots activists or major donors.

Despite a long and cordial relationship between the real estate showman and David Koch, as well as a raft of former Koch operatives who are now running Trump’s presidential campaign, the Koch political operation appears to have concluded that Trump is the wrong standard-bearer for the GOP. And the network of Koch-backed policy and political outfits is using behind-the-scenes influence to challenge Trump more forcefully than the Republican Party establishment — by limiting his access to the support and data that would help him translate his lead in the polls into a sustainable White House campaign.

The Koch operation has spurned entreaties from the Trump campaign to purchase state-of-the-art data and analytics services from a Koch-backed political tech firm called i360, and also turned down a request to allow Trump to speak at an annual grass-roots summit next month in Columbus, Ohio, sponsored by the Koch-backed group Americans for Prosperity, POLITICO has learned.

In addition, Trump was not invited to the annual summer gathering of the network of hundreds of conservative mega-donors and operatives helmed by the billionaire industrialists Charles and David Koch. That’s despite the Trump campaign filling out a questionnaire detailing the candidate’s policy positions and submitting it to Freedom Partners Chamber of Commerce, the Koch umbrella group organizing the summit.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/07/kochs-freeze-out-trump-120752.html#ixzz3hIDJuhlO

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

All this is accomplishing is turning off the conservative base to that pair of fucking assholes who want to control our politics.  In this case,  Trump is doing something beneficial for our whole political system.

That's one down and one to go.  Now if only you democrats could just get somebody who would turn your side off to that Soros asshole.  But your side has no one to do that.

If the Kochs and Soros want to run the country then they should get out from behind the shadows and get on the ballot.

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:  Trump is doing something beneficial for our whole political system.

wow ...

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Oh yea what a big WOW!!. We find out Trump isn't bought and paid for by the Koch Brothers. What a horrible horrible thing to have happen. Lordy, what would we do without those two saviours of our country. lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Let's just hope Trump hasn't alienated Sheldon Adelson too.  
My god,  without Sheldon Adelson's money coming in to tell us what to do,   Florida might have totally gone to the dark side and legalized medical marijuana.  Oh the horror just to think about it.
What we all need most is characters like these deciding what is and is not good for us.

Sal

Sal

I'm not disagreeing about the money in politics.

But, the only thing about the Trump campaign even approaching "beneficial for our whole political system" is that it's exposing the Republican base as a mob of white supremacists who respond like Pavlov's dogs to bluster and hate speech.

Trump is incapable of engaging in any substantive way on any issue.

He just yammers hostile and pithy bromides, and the base laps the vomit up.

He apparently has no clue how the legislative process works, or how international alliances work, or how public policy works, or how treaties work.

He apparently doesn't know how any of this works, but that's OK, because the people to whom he appeals don't know either and they just want the bluster.

The problem really isn't Trump, the problem is the response to Trump by a fraction of the electorate that has gone clinically insane with rage and stupidity.

I thght the same thing about the useful idiots that would elect a community organizer with no executive experience.

Already trump has run more than an acorn meeting.

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:I thght the same thing about the useful idiots that would elect a community organizer with no executive experience.

And, then he went on to win reelection in a landslide and become the most effective POTUS in our lifetimes even in the face of unprecedented challenges and obstruction ....

.... and, butthurt boy was left to cry in his beer about emails.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Snark Spigot wrote:

And, then he went on to win reelection in a landslide and become the most effective POTUS in our lifetimes even in the face of unprecedented challenges and obstruction ....

God,  it's like listening to adolescent girls gushing over Justin Bieber.

knothead

knothead

True Dat Sal . . . .

Sal

Sal

Snark Spigot wrote:And, then he went on to win reelection in a landslide and become the most effective POTUS in our lifetimes even in the face of unprecedented challenges and obstruction ....

.... and, butthurt boy was left to cry in his beer about emails.

Bob wrote:

God,  it's like listening to adolescent girls gushing over Justin Bieber.

.... and, the closeted fencesitter was left to ruminate on the rising star of John Kasich and wrastlin'.

nadalfan

PkrBum wrote:I thght the same thing about the useful idiots that would elect a community organizer with no executive experience.

Already trump has run more than an acorn meeting.

oh boy back to this nonsense

I would say useful idiots are those that support a party or candidate but can't point to one policy they think would be good for Americans,
or those that reject the scientific consensus on climate change,
or those that agree with the nra that more guns in a dark movie theater is a practical and sensible way to protect ourselves,
etc

Sal

Sal

nadalfan wrote:
I would say useful idiots are those that support a party or candidate but can't point to one policy they think would be good for Americans,

Speaking of that ....

Donald Trump told “Palin Update” host Kevin Scholla yesterday that climate change is a myth and dismissed concerns that it poses a security threat.

“The real climate change is going to be nuclear climate change if we’re not smart and tough and very, very careful because that’s a big danger and that’s a real danger,” Trump said. “I think Obama just said that the biggest threat that we have on the planet today is climate change, and a lot of people are saying, did he really say that? We have people chopping off heads and he’s talking about climate change. I call it weather. I call it weather. You know, the weather changes.”

Trump continued his explanation by ranting about weather forecasts on the news: “You look back and they were calling it global cooling and global warming and global everything, but if you look back and the biggest tornados were in the 1890s, the biggest hurricanes were in the 1860s and 1870s. It’s weather. You’re going to have bad weather. So often I watch the evening newscasts and every time there is a rainstorm some place, and then they wonder why they don’t do well, they say, ‘It’s raining here and it’s raining there,’ usually leading the program. I call it weather. Maybe there’s a little bit of change, I don’t happen to believe it’s manmade.”

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/donald-trump-denies-existence-climate-change-bad-weather#sthash.UVqJZzTs.dpuf

He's the perfect candidate for these imbeciles.

He doesn't know the difference between "climate" and "weather" either.

Here, again .....

nadalfan

Snark Spigot wrote:
nadalfan wrote:

Speaking of that ....

Donald Trump told “Palin Update” host Kevin Scholla yesterday that climate change is a myth and dismissed concerns that it poses a security threat.

“The real climate change is going to be nuclear climate change if we’re not smart and tough and very, very careful because that’s a big danger and that’s a real danger,” Trump said. “I think Obama just said that the biggest threat that we have on the planet today is climate change, and a lot of people are saying, did he really say that? We have people chopping off heads and he’s talking about climate change. I call it weather. I call it weather. You know, the weather changes.”

Trump continued his explanation by ranting about weather forecasts on the news: “You look back and they were calling it global cooling and global warming and global everything, but if you look back and the biggest tornados were in the 1890s, the biggest hurricanes were in the 1860s and 1870s. It’s weather. You’re going to have bad weather. So often I watch the evening newscasts and every time there is a rainstorm some place, and then they wonder why they don’t do well, they say, ‘It’s raining here and it’s raining there,’ usually leading the program. I call it weather. Maybe there’s a little bit of change, I don’t happen to believe it’s manmade.”

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/donald-trump-denies-existence-climate-change-bad-weather#sthash.UVqJZzTs.dpuf

He's the perfect candidate for these imbeciles.

He doesn't know the difference between "climate" and "weather" either.

Here, again .....

yep, he's their man!

Markle

Markle

Bob wrote:All this is accomplishing is turning off the conservative base to that pair of fucking assholes who want to control our politics.  In this case,  Trump is doing something beneficial for our whole political system.

That's one down and one to go.  Now if only you democrats could just get somebody who would turn your side off to that Soros asshole.  But your side has no one to do that.

If the Kochs and Soros want to run the country then they should get out from behind the shadows and get on the ballot.

Don't you mean curtain and, who cares and who doesn't know the Koch brothers and convicted felon George Soros?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Markle wrote:

Don't you mean curtain and, who cares and who doesn't know the Koch brothers and convicted felon George Soros?

Markle,when you write: "who cares and who doesn't know the Koch brothers and convicted felon George Soros",  I can't make heads or tails out of what it is you're even trying to communicate.
So my answer may not have anything to do with whatever those words mean.  But I'll try to take a stab at it.

"Who cares?"  Lots of people
"Who doesn't know those three individuals?"  Again,  lots of people.  

But is this supposed to have some point related to this discussion?

Markle

Markle

Bob wrote:
Markle wrote:

Markle,when you write: "who cares, and who doesn't know the Koch brothers and convicted felon George Soros",  I can't make heads or tails out of what it is you're even trying to communicate.
So my answer may not have anything to do with whatever those words mean.  But I'll try to take a stab at it.

Perhaps a comma would have made it clearer for you.

Shouldn't more people be concerned all the contributions to Hillary Clinton from foreign countries who hang homosexuals, abuse women and hate us.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Markle wrote:
Bob wrote:
Markle wrote:

Markle,when you write: "who cares, and who doesn't know the Koch brothers and convicted felon George Soros",  I can't make heads or tails out of what it is you're even trying to communicate.

Perhaps a comma would have made it clearer for you.

Shouldn't more people be concerned all the contributions to Hillary Clinton from foreign countries who hang homosexuals, abuse women and hate us.

Are we talking about muslim countries? If so, give me some links on this so I can learn more about it and put it into context. And hopefully from credible sources.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

But before we even see that, let me give you the fence-sitter position on it.

I think at least a dozen times over the past ten years I've been participating in this board, I have specifically outlined exactly how I would reform and re-design our Presidential and Congressional elections.
And my design would COMPLETELY divorce it from the Koch Brothers, George Soros, ALL like them, and ANY contributions coming from outside the United States.
And there would be NO Constitutional problem with any of it.

But of course it's all a fantasy. Why? Because no democrat or republican controlled government will ever in a thousand years go along with it.

2seaoat

who cares

Most patriotic Americans understand that money is turning our elected representatives into traitors.  They care.  They will change the corruption.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:who cares

Most patriotic Americans understand that money is turning our elected representatives into traitors.  They care.  They will change the corruption.

Amen to your first sentence.
But as to other part, lotsa luck. lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum