Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

True Detective on HBO

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1True Detective on HBO Empty True Detective on HBO 7/25/2015, 7:27 pm

2seaoat

Some of the best acting Colin Farrell and Vince Vaughn have done.  My daughter's friend was a bartender in Wrigleyville and it was Vaughn's hangout and she said "allegedly" he was a big coke head, but I have to tell you he has a very good future in non comedic roles.......he is kicking butt in this very well written series.  Like.

2True Detective on HBO Empty Re: True Detective on HBO 7/25/2015, 7:41 pm

Big fan... loved the first season. You should put "spoiler alert" in the title tho if you plan on revealing details.

I have the first five episodes recorded but haven't found time to watch it yet.

3True Detective on HBO Empty Re: True Detective on HBO 7/25/2015, 7:46 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Vince Vaugn is a terrible actor. He might as well be reading the lines off the script. He's like gum that's lost its flavor.

4True Detective on HBO Empty Re: True Detective on HBO 7/25/2015, 7:59 pm

2seaoat

I will not spoil anything, and I agree that Vaughn has not been very good in other projects, but this series last year and this year has excellent writing, great direction, and some of the best acting on TV.   I will not reveal plot line, but it is a welcome change from some of the filler HBO series which are disappointing and mediocre.   When you go cold turkey off game of thrones.....it is tough to find something.

5True Detective on HBO Empty Re: True Detective on HBO 7/25/2015, 8:05 pm

I agree... I think last years season was the best crime series I've ever seen. I also agree about vaughn... tho he was great in wedding crashers. He reminds me in a way of tom cruise. They are the same exact character in every film they do.

6True Detective on HBO Empty Re: True Detective on HBO 7/25/2015, 8:14 pm

2seaoat

There is a great scene where he discusses at age 6 or 7 being punished and locked in the cellar, and his father getting arrested and not coming home for five days......Vaughn really did an excellent job getting out of his usual character....Colin is freaking great, and there is one scene which just pushes you back in your chair.......no spoiler here.

7True Detective on HBO Empty Re: True Detective on HBO 7/25/2015, 8:32 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Great writing ? Maybe last year.  The characters are all failures in life suffering from alcoholism and sex addiction. Lots of gratuitous violence between mental breakdowns and double crosses.  Colins red headed son is so cliche and I find the whole show tedious to watch.

8True Detective on HBO Empty Re: True Detective on HBO 7/25/2015, 8:38 pm

Sal

Sal

Loved the first season, gave up on the second after three episodes.

Nothing but depravity.

Agree with T regarding Vaughn.

He sucks.

9True Detective on HBO Empty Re: True Detective on HBO 7/25/2015, 9:40 pm

2seaoat

Lots of gratuitous violence between mental breakdowns and double crosses.

I was talking about True Detectives, not Game of Thrones.......

10True Detective on HBO Empty Re: True Detective on HBO 7/27/2015, 9:54 pm

Sal

Sal

Watched The Drop on HBO last night.

Definitely one of the better movies I've seen in the past coupla years.

Two thumbs up.

11True Detective on HBO Empty Re: True Detective on HBO 7/28/2015, 9:39 pm

Sal

Sal

Just watched the first five minutes of the latest episode, and I have to issue a correction.

Vaughn and Farrell both suck.

12True Detective on HBO Empty Re: True Detective on HBO 7/28/2015, 9:49 pm

2seaoat

I thought their scene last episode was good, and I think they both nailed it.  They both are going to win awards for their performance in this series.  I am not saying this is the final word, but I have no doubt this will happen....excellent acting and writing.  I have seen parts of the Drop......very very very good on the parts I saw.  I will watch it this week.

13True Detective on HBO Empty Re: True Detective on HBO 7/28/2015, 10:04 pm

Sal

Sal

I can't watch it.

It's like watching a botched surgery on a circus freak in the midst of a train wreck.

14True Detective on HBO Empty Re: True Detective on HBO 7/28/2015, 10:40 pm

2seaoat

It's like watching a botched surgery on a circus freak in the midst of a train wreck.

That episode is on August 6th.

15True Detective on HBO Empty Re: True Detective on HBO 8/2/2015, 10:06 pm

2seaoat

Great episode tonight.....this is getting very good.  Final 90 minutes next week.

16True Detective on HBO Empty Re: True Detective on HBO 8/9/2015, 9:44 pm

2seaoat

This is great tv.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum