Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pharmacy owners cannot cite religion to deny medicine -U.S. appeals court

+3
Markle
polecat
boards of FL
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

boards of FL

boards of FL

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/07/23/usa-contraception-ruling-idUSL1N10328I20150723

(Reuters) - The state of Washington can require a pharmacy to deliver medicine even if the pharmacy's owner has a religious objection, a federal appeals court ruled on Thursday, the latest in a series of judgements on whether religious believers can opt out of providing services.

The ruling, from the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in San Francisco, came in a case filed by pharmacists who objected to delivering emergency contraceptives. The 9th Circuit overturned a lower court that had said the rules were unconstitutional.

The U.S. Supreme Court last year allowed closely held corporations to seek exemptions from the Obamacare health law's contraception requirement.

In Washington, the state permits a religiously objecting individual pharmacist to deny medicine, so long as another pharmacist working there provides timely delivery. The rules require a pharmacy to deliver all medicine, even if the owner objects.

A unanimous three-judge 9th Circuit panel on Thursday decided that the rules are constitutional because they rationally further the state's interest in patient safety. Speed is particularly important considering the time-sensitive nature of emergency contraception, the court said.

"The time taken to travel to another pharmacy, especially in rural areas where pharmacies are sparse, may reduce the efficacy of those drugs," wrote Judge Susan Graber.

Representatives for the plaintiffs and Washington State's attorney general office could not immediately be reached for comment. (Reporting by Dan Levine, editing by Andrew Hay and Alan Crosby)

polecat

polecat

Why should my civil rights be dictated by your interpretation of the parts of the Bible you choose to believe in?

Markle

Markle

polecat wrote:Why should my civil rights be dictated by your interpretation of the parts of the Bible you choose to believe in?

Because we have a constitution.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

2seaoat

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

I just joined a religion that says I do not have to talk to Hispanics.  I have my managing brokers license, and a hispanic person comes in to the office, and I tell the person I am sorry but my religious beliefs do not allow me to talk to Hispanics.  Splendid logic Mr. Markle....Splendid.   The court ruled on a licensed professional who is by law required to give equal protection under the law to all customers.  I am so tired of rudimentary or actually primitive cave man like analysis of our constitution.  I think mandatory Civics classes need to be reinstated because a junior in high school knows better than what you just posted.   I am tiring.  really the cancer is less demanding than getting my head around how fricking ignorant people have become in regard to the constitution.....it is getting exhausting to even carry on an intelligent conversation anymore.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Markle wrote:
polecat wrote:Why should my civil rights be dictated by your interpretation of the parts of the Bible you choose to believe in?

That means you can practice your religion; it does not mean you have the right to impose those religious beliefs on anyone else.

There are pharmacies on every corner... if you don't like how one is run go to another.

2seaoat

There are pharmacies on every corner... if you don't like how one is run go to another.

The black family traveling to Disneyworld goes to check into a motel....the clerk says my religion does not allow black people to sleep in my motel, and there are motels on every corner.......if you do not like how this is run....find another hotel.    Splendid logic folks.......

Would you force a black owned laundry to clean kkk robes?

A private owner should be able to run their business as they please so long as they cause no harm.

Fricking nazis.

2seaoat

Would you force a black owned laundry to clean kkk robes?

A private owner should be able to run their business as they please so long as they cause no harm.

Fricking nazis.

I think you answered your own question.  Unlawful discrimination by its very definition causes harm.  However, I would like to correct you.  No self respecting KKK member would take their hat to a laundry.....fricking tennis players.....throw everything into the washer with their smelly socks.....we prefer dry cleaning on the hats and we steam the crease.......barbarian.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

What religion is it that allows the VA to deny treatment to over a quarter of a million troops ? What the hell is the VA for ?

2seaoat

What religion is it that allows the VA to deny treatment to over a quarter of a million troops ? What the hell is the VA for ?

I am getting the best treatment from a top ten American hospital and still dying, what the hell is the VA for........I guess to do the best job for veterans who have served their country, and yes, they are dying too.  I do not think religion in either case is relevant.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Because we have a constitution.

I just joined a religion that says I do not have to talk to Hispanics.  I have my managing brokers license, and a hispanic person comes in to the office, and I tell the person I am sorry but my religious beliefs do not allow me to talk to Hispanics.  Splendid logic Mr. Markle....Splendid.   The court ruled on a licensed professional who is by law required to give equal protection under the law to all customers.  I am so tired of rudimentary or actually primitive cave man like analysis of our constitution.  I think mandatory Civics classes need to be reinstated because a junior in high school knows better than what you just posted.   I am tiring.  really the cancer is less demanding than getting my head around how fricking ignorant people have become in regard to the constitution.....it is getting exhausting to even carry on an intelligent conversation anymore.

Fair Housing Law.  Simple, you agreed to comply with that requirement when you applied for, passed the courses and obtained a real estate license.

Also, there is no such thing as a managing brokers license. If you have a Florida real estate license, you have either a Sales Associates license or Broker license. Probably voluntarily inactive or involuntarily inactive.

Tragically, folks like you and the other Progressives think they are the judges of what everyone must do. They do not believe in any sort of actual FREEDOM.

knothead

knothead

Markle wrote:
2seaoat wrote:Because we have a constitution.

Fair Housing Law.  Simple, you agreed to comply with that requirement when you applied for, passed the courses and obtained a real estate license.

Also, there is no such thing as a managing brokers license.  If you have a Florida real estate license, you have either a Sales Associates license or Broker license.  Probably voluntarily inactive or involuntarily inactive.

Tragically, folks like you and the other Progressives think they are the judges of what everyone must do.  They do not believe in any sort of actual FREEDOM.

Markle . . . . . . dude . . . . . give it up for God's sake you are WRONG . . . . learn to pick your battles and this one you are on the wrong side (as usual) . . . . . . you would argue with a damn fence post!

2seaoat

there is no such thing as a managing brokers license.

You seriously want to tell me you are a professional speaker......have a real estate license, and you do not know how many states have gone to managing broker exams and the license which is the highest designation in real estate licenses.  Your are joking of course, and yes I have received commissions in Florida, but you really need to catch up man.....this cut an paste thing has frozen your brain.

http://www.in.gov/pla/3173.htm

I could give you other states, but I think you need to do a little research.  Why am I being challenged today by fricking bone headed ignorance.....it must be my friendly aura.

2seaoat

Markle . . . . . . dude . . . . . give it up for God's sake you are WRONG . . . . learn to pick your battles and this one you are on the wrong side (as usual) . . . . . . you would argue with a damn fence post!

I am starting to worry about him.  This guy was intelligent five years ago, and was simply getting paid to post for the bros......but when he free lances lately....well I have my concerns.....but heck, we have all slowed down,and I am certainly not hitting on all cylinders like I did at forty.

2seaoat

Mr. Markle......when can I expect the apology......man up.

You should apologize to him for accusing him of being a paid shill.

You know no such thing no matter how many times you repeat it.

2seaoat

You should apologize to him for accusing him of being a paid shill.

You know no such thing no matter how many times you repeat it.

Somebody who posts in multiple newspaper formats with only political or climate change denial and rarely talks about regular subjects......well exactly who are these people who are getting paid......Bob?

http://www.greenpeace.org/usa/global-warming/climate-deniers/koch-industries/

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:there is no such thing as a managing brokers license.

You seriously want to tell me you are a professional speaker......have a real estate license, and you do not know how many states have gone to managing broker exams and the license which is the highest designation in real estate licenses.  Your are joking of course, and yes I have received commissions in Florida, but you really need to catch up man.....this cut an paste thing has frozen your brain.

http://www.in.gov/pla/3173.htm

I could give you other states, but I think you need to do a little research.  Why am I being challenged today by fricking bone headed ignorance.....it must be my friendly aura.

There is no such thing as a "Managing Broker" in Florida, where you lived. I do not teach real estate law in other states. Your childish effort means NOTHING, ZIP, ZILCH, NADA in Florida. My guess is that you were practicing real estate in Florida without an active license. That would be a third degree felony.

Your childish desperation is palpable.

In Illinois, a Brokers license is exactly the same as a Sales Associates license in Florida. They changed the Name. The MANAGING BROKERS LICENSE, is exactly the same as a Brokers license in Florida. They changed the name in Illinois.

I taught Federal Law's concerning real estate along with a number of my own seminars around the country. For the National Association of Realtors, headquartered in Chicago with a legislative office in Washington. We also have a hospitality house in Washington.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Mr. Markle......when can I expect the apology......man up.

For? Telling the truth?

2seaoat

I taught Federal Law's concerning real estate along with a number of my own seminars around the country. For the National Association of Realtors, headquartered in Chicago with a legislative office in Washington. We also have a hospitality house in Washington.

Past tense....bone up on whats going on man..........oh also.....if you are going to state a fact.....make sure you put the qualifier on the fact before you publish....but at least you learned something tonight, and to help you along a little.....they are not exactly the same as a broker, but you knew that already, there are variations from state to state on expanded powers of a managing broker which does not limit the number of offices and other things peculiar to the state.....yep, have done training and splaining things for real estate sales folks many times.....not the brightest stars in the constellation in residential, but usually pretty impressive in commercial.  Used to have fun on 1031s and environmental disclosures.....can you say duh.

2seaoat

Also, there is no such thing as a managing brokers license.

You said this after I said I had a managing broker's license.  You basically called me a liar.   So, I am not sure where you were raised, but I did not lie, and you were wrong.  I live in Illinois right now......I am thinking of visiting you in the capitol of Florida, but I hear the trucks are too slow and the landscaping is over the top......lighten up.....I just messing with you, it is no fun trying to educate a bunch of part timers.  If a person thinks training is important in police officers, get a real estate person who is clueless......a joy to watch.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

He should at least have goggled it...

http://illinoisrealtor.org/education/prelicense_managingbroker

Pharmacy owners cannot cite religion to deny medicine -U.S. appeals court Mbl10

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum