Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

With luck, Planned Parenthood will go the way of ACORN...and soon!

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Markle

Markle

With luck, Planned Parenthood will go the way of ACORN...and soon!

2seaoat

Plan Parenthood will be alive and well long after the theatrics.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:With luck, Planned Parenthood will go the way of ACORN...and soon!

Yessirreeeesir! An put Jesus back in our classrooms, stop teaching our kids how they's body works, an' go back to pushin' abstinence! Git rid of birth control and imprison anybody what even thinks of sellin' one o'them "mornin' after" pills! An get our women an' girls out of the work-force an back home chained to the kitchin' stove like they should be. An' encourage husbands t'beat hell outta any wife what doesn't bend over when she's been told too then n' thar! Make sex wivvout bein' married a falownney. As the good book says, unless you is married t'her, all sex is pure evil. Stonin' some woman what gets it on the side sound's right to me and my kind. In the name o'Jesus. Amin.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Plan Parenthood will be alive and well long after the theatrics.

Theatrics?  So scheduling a killing a few months later and discussing where best to crush the body so as to preserve as many body parts as possible to be sorted later...and make as much money as possible is...theatrics to you.  

Sure would hate to see the list of movies you enjoy.

2seaoat

Theatrics?  So scheduling a killing a few months later and discussing where best to crush the body so as to preserve as many body parts as possible to be sorted later...and make as much money as possible is...theatrics to you.  

Sure would hate to see the list of movies you enjoy.

No, I know organ donations, tissue donations and blood donations all have expenses and different processes which must be completed before those items can be productive and useful.  I know if the choice of a woman is to dispose the tissue as medical hazardous waste also has charges but very little if any productive uses.  I know the Supreme Court does not recognize that tissue as a human being and despite my personal moral beliefs, the tissue is in the control of the woman who can consent to its disposal.  My wife has been a blood donor for forty years.   They will call her immediately or delay her visits based on demand.  There is nothing repugnant to legally dispose of tissue in a productive manner.  Abortion is repugnant, and sadly tissues are collected after the abortion.

knothead

knothead

I know of NO ONE who likes/supports abortion . . . . . . . most people and the law supports the right of women to make decisions on their own without GOVERNMENT INTERFERENCE IN THEIR PRIVATE LIVES!

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Another day, and yet another fake scandal by the GOP.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/22/opinion/the-campaign-of-deception-against-planned-parenthood.html?_r=1

The Campaign of Deception Against Planned Parenthood

By THE EDITORIAL BOARD JULY 22, 2015

A hidden-camera video released last week purported to show that Planned Parenthood illegally sells tissue from aborted fetuses. It shows nothing of the sort. But it is the latest in a series of unrelenting attacks on Planned Parenthood, which offers health care services to millions of people every year. The politicians howling to defund Planned Parenthood care nothing about the truth here, being perfectly willing to undermine women’s reproductive rights any way they can.

The nine-minute video clip released by the Center for Medical Progress, an outfit apparently created in 2013, invites viewers to “Hold Planned Parenthood accountable for their illegal sale of baby parts.” In it, Dr. Deborah Nucatola, Planned Parenthood’s senior director of medical services, is seen discussing the collection of fetal tissue in a lunch meeting with two people posing as potential tissue buyers. A second video, released on Tuesday, shows another Planned Parenthood staff member discussing fetal tissue.

After the first video’s release, Senator Rand Paul of Kentucky pledged to “introduce an amendment to pending Senate legislation to immediately strip every dollar of Planned Parenthood funding.” Senator Ted Cruz of Texas called for defunding and for “an investigation of Planned Parenthood’s activities regarding the sale and transfer of aborted body parts.” The House Energy and Commerce Committee is undertaking an investigation, and Gov. Greg Abbott of Texas and Gov. Bobby Jindal of Louisiana have ordered investigations in their states.

The full video of the lunch meeting, over two hours long and released by the Center for Medical Progress after complaints by Planned Parenthood, shows something very different from what these critics claim. Clearly, the shorter version was edited to eliminate statements by Dr. Nucatola explaining that Planned Parenthood does not profit from tissue donation, which requires the clear consent of the patient. Planned Parenthood affiliates only accept money — between $30 and $100 per specimen, according to Dr. Nucatola — to cover costs associated with collecting and transporting the tissue. “This is not something with any revenue stream that affiliates are looking at,” she said. Under federal law, facilities may be reimbursed for costs associated with fetal tissue donation, like transportation and storage.

According to a letter sent by Roger Evans, a lawyer for Planned Parenthood, to the House Energy and Commerce Committee, the video is a result of a yearslong campaign of deception. The head of the Center for Medical Progress, David Daleiden, created a fake company called Biomax Procurement Services almost three years ago for the purpose of tricking Planned Parenthood employees, the letter alleges, even setting up exhibits at Planned Parenthood’s national conferences. The letter also says Biomax offered a Planned Parenthood affiliate $1,600 for a fetal liver and thymus, presumably to trap the affiliate in the act of accepting a high payment for fetal tissue. The affiliate declined.

In a statement on its website, the Center for Medical Progress says it “follows all applicable laws in the course of our investigative journalism work.”

Anti-abortion groups have long pushed to defund Planned Parenthood, even though no federal money is used to provide abortions. But that hasn’t stopped their efforts to shut down the clinics, which provide services like contraception, cancer screening and other tests.

The Center for Medical Progress — which managed to get tax-exempt status in 2013 as a biomedicine charity, according to a report by The Huffington Post — appears to have done little beyond producing the undercover video. According to its registration form with the California attorney general, it has three officers: Mr. Daleiden; Albin Rhomberg, who has participated in anti-abortion protests; and Troy Newman, the president of the anti-abortion group Operation Rescue.

In a statement last week, Cecile Richards, the president of the Planned Parenthood Federation of America, said that “our donation programs — like any other high-quality health care providers — follow all laws and ethical guidelines” and that “Planned Parenthood stands behind our work to help women and families donate tissue for medical research when they wish to.”

Researchers use fetal tissue to study and develop treatments for diseases and conditions like H.I.V., hepatitis, congenital heart defects, retinal degeneration and Parkinson’s. Last year, the National Institutes of Health gave $76 million in grants for fetal tissue research. Planned Parenthood is certainly not the only collector of fetal tissue — clinics associated with universities also supply tissue for research.

The Center for Medical Progress video campaign is a dishonest attempt to make legal, voluntary and potentially lifesaving tissue donations appear nefarious and illegal. Lawmakers responding by promoting their own anti-choice agenda are rewarding deception and putting women’s health and their constitutionally protected rights at risk.

Point 5 of the 14 Points of Fascism:

5. Rampant sexism

Beyond the simple fact that the political elite and the national culture were male-dominated, these regimes inevitably viewed women as second-class citizens. They were adamantly anti-abortion and also homophobic. These attitudes were usually codified in Draconian laws that enjoyed strong support by the orthodox religion of the country, thus lending the regime cover for its abuses.

Markle

Markle

knothead wrote:I know of NO ONE who likes/supports abortion . . . . . . . most people and the law supports the right of women to make decisions on their own without GOVERNMENT INTERFERENCE IN THEIR PRIVATE LIVES!

This has what to do with Planned Parenthood extending the life of an infant so the sorted body parts have more value and the best way to kill the infant so there are more valuable?

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:
knothead wrote:I know of NO ONE who likes/supports abortion . . . . . . . most people and the law supports the right of women to make decisions on their own without GOVERNMENT INTERFERENCE IN THEIR PRIVATE LIVES!

This has what to do with Planned Parenthood extending the life of an infant so the sorted body parts have more value and the best way to kill the infant so there are more valuable?

Get real! The aborted fetus could be tossed into a trash can and was for a long time. Why should any sane person have a problem with salvaging useful tissue or other body parts from an aborted fetus for scientific research? You act like the fetus was put to death to make a profit for Planned Parenthood. That's a lie, like much of what you regularly post. As the law stands, the mother has perfect right to terminate her pregnancy within legal guidelines. Nobody but you gives a damn what's done with the aborted fetus's. Reality.

Floridatexan wrote:Another day, and yet another fake scandal by the GOP.

She makes herself perfectly clear. It's comical the gyrations you'll go to in order to ignore the obvious.

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:
Markle wrote:

Get real!  The aborted fetus could be tossed into a trash can and was for a long time.  Why should any sane person have a problem with salvaging useful tissue or other body parts  from an aborted fetus for scientific research?  You act like the fetus was put to death to make a profit for Planned Parenthood.  That's a lie, like much of what you regularly post.  As the law stands, the mother has perfect right to terminate her pregnancy within legal guidelines.  Nobody but you gives a damn what's done with the aborted fetus's.  Reality.

I feel so sorry for people such as yourself. So sick, they're not even aware.

2seaoat

extending the life of an infant

I think you need to read Roe v Wade.....it is really long, but the law does not consider a fetus an infant.  I personally believe that an egg and sperm are just as sacred as fetus, but I never understood why women have menstrual cycles which kill eggs, and men have nocturnal emissions which kill sperm.....and why some fetus do not make full term, and why most fetus cannot survive outside their mother's body......as science improves......do you think it can answer those questions?  I do not know, but I have read Roe v Wade, and nobody is legally extending the life of an infant........definitions.....like there is no such thing as a managing broker.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:extending the life of an infant

I think you need to read Roe v Wade.....it is really long, but the law does not consider a fetus an infant.  I personally believe that an egg and sperm are just as sacred as fetus, but I never understood why women have menstrual cycles which kill eggs, and men have nocturnal emissions which kill sperm.....and why some fetus do not make full term, and why most fetus cannot survive outside their mother's body......as science improves......do you think it can answer those questions?  I do not know, but I have read Roe v Wade, and nobody is legally extending the life of an infant........definitions..... like there is no such thing as a managing broker.

Not in Florida, and that's where I live and where you lived.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:
Markle wrote:

Get real!  The aborted fetus could be tossed into a trash can and was for a long time.  Why should any sane person have a problem with salvaging useful tissue or other body parts  from an aborted fetus for scientific research?  You act like the fetus was put to death to make a profit for Planned Parenthood.  That's a lie, like much of what you regularly post.  As the law stands, the mother has perfect right to terminate her pregnancy within legal guidelines.  Nobody but you gives a damn what's done with the aborted fetus's.  Reality.

I feel so sorry for people such as yourself.  So sick, they're not even aware.

Then make me aware, Semi Sane Markle. Tell me why the disbursement of some tissue -- in essence no different from a surgically removed growth or tumor -- should emotionally concern me or anyone else. Once again, you fundamentalist bastards want to force your beliefs on everyone else by law. You're the sickie here Semi-Sane "I know NOSSING!" Markle, not me.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum