Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Its early, but I think I have my Republican candidate

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

I have shown a inclination to vote for the NJ governor, but now I think I have found a true Republican who has a proven track record, is not a crazy, and although I do not agree 100% on the issues, I think I could vote for the governor of Ohio......Kasich.  He too has problems with teacher unions.  He too bucked the group think and supported banning certain types of weapons.  He too decided to let the Affordable Care Act work for Ohio citizens as medicaid was correctly expanded to cover almost 400k citizens of Ohio.  He understands the private sector, he understands manufacturing, he has modest origins, and he quietly has made true Republican fiscal responsibility not get taken in by the hateful Dixiecrat national platforms.  This guy blows away Walker who is not up to the task, and he is making solid performance where Wisconsin is getting killed with Walker's sad administration.   I will wait for the debates to see how much this man bends to crazy, but he really has been doing a good job running Ohio, and he is pragmatic and a traditional fiscal conservative Republican who actually worked to cut some military programs when he was in Congress.   He will probably not get to the debate stage, but I think I can support this man.

http://ballotpedia.org/Ohio_state_budget_and_finances

2seaoat

He has kicked the unemployment numbers down while Walker has floundered.  He has Ohio citizens back to work, while Wisconsin under Walker is near the bottom of economic growth.  He has taken on teacher unions, and as he said he is supportive of unions which actually make something.  Ohio's economy is booming.  Other than the Tx governor can anybody show the type of economic growth Ohio has sustained.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:  I will wait for the debates to see how much this man bends to crazy

You don't have to wait for that. Just record/watch Hannity when it repeats at midnight central time.
If you watch it, you won't have any worry whatever about that. He's bending away from anything crazy.

I told you in that other thread that I would give you my opinion when the interview ends (I'm watching it now).
This is really tough for me because I don't know how you and I can support the same person. But we do.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

But before you start to think that's a good thing that you and I are the first people to support this candidate.

You need to remember that I'm all these things.

1.  a fence-witter
2.  a racist
3.  someone who listens to racist elevator music
4.  a xenophobe
5.  someone who hates government debt which you and sal and bds and obama and paul krugman have no problem with
6.  and that list goes on and on

Aren't you afraid to be allied with somebody who is all that? Wouldn't you feel more comfortable being allied with the politics of the sal/bds mentality like you always are?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

But even a lot more importantly, you need to keep in mind that I got bamboozled by Trump. And that's not sarcasm, I DID let that happen.

And while I thought that hour-long Kasich interview I just finished watching made me like him and his ideas and his ability to communicate his ideas and want to support his candidacy; I may still be susceptible to more pied pipers and he may be one too.

You really need to consider all this, seaoat.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

2seaoat wrote:I have shown a inclination to vote for the NJ governor, but now I think I have found a true Republican who has a proven track record, is not a crazy, and although I do not agree 100% on the issues, I think I could vote for the governor of Ohio......Kasich. 

Florida has a closed primary ... are you a Florida resident and will you be registering Republican?

2seaoat

I just changed my Driver's license and will be voting for the first time in a Northwest Illinois County.  In Illinois where I have lived before when I worked for Borg Warner, you vote in a closed party primary.  I always pull a Republican ballot.  I like Kasich.  I think he is serious and may be the real deal.  A fiscal conservative who is not crazy.

Bob, you bounce around like a bumblebee in a jar.........fence sitter....hell you just do not want to take a position, but I have always respected your intelligence and insight, and Kasich may be the real deal for a good debate between Hillary and the Republican Party of the future.....which must become the Republican Party of the past where the clown car stops, and serious candidates who have dealt with the hard work of government and have done so with competency take back control of the Republican Party crazies who just want to tear down, and build nothing.

2seaoat

In the mid nineties I ran for a three county elected position and came in third among four candidates in the Republican primary.  The person who won was a better politician than I was, and the voters picked the best candidate.  They were right and in hindsight I spoke to the police chief association and said exactly what I have said for ten years on the PNJ and here.   Budget cuts in the criminal justice system, end the war on drugs, and eliminate all the tiny town police departments and consolidate with county.   I also would get up and tell an audience that the person who was the incumbent was good at what he does, a good person who I would call a friend, and if I do not win, the people would be in good hands.   I had people come up to me after the campaign wanting me to run for other political offices, I declined.......I would never succeed as a politician because I said the same thing to everybody and could care less if that met with disapproval if I believed the truth of what I was saying.  It was a good experience that I would never trade for anything.  To speak to a full auditorium and handle hostile questions was fun.....I mean lots of fun.  I saw other candidates shrivel and avoid the truth because it does not get you elected.......however, in the end, good people are involved in government and they can do good things with hard work and experience.  I cherish this great country and the freedom and liberty we often take for granted.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:

Bob, you bounce around like a bumblebee in a jar.........fence sitter....hell you just do not want to take a position

I bounced from trump to kasich in record time. That's why you really should rethink your support of kasich. It probably just indicates that kasich is a fence-sitter/racist like I am.

2seaoat

I bounced from trump to kasich in record time. That's why you really should rethink your support of kasich. It probably just indicates that kasich is a fence-sitter/racist like I am.

Kasich is a good traditional Republican candidate without the baggage of a Bush or the evil of the other candidates.  I will listen to his positions and put him in the mix.  Bernie, Hillary, and Kasich......I will wait to hear about the substance.

Sal

Sal

Think Jon Huntsman, but with none of the charisma.

lol

I have liked Kasich for some time. My preference is a governorship preceding the Presidency. However, because he is moderate, the Republicans will eat him up. We've bounded ourselves into a no win situation over socials issues that do not need to be in a Presidential race.

We do it to ourselves.

But I like him.

Hillary will win. Republicans will never have another chance at the White House.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Snark Spigot wrote:Think Jon Huntsman, but with none of the charisma.

lol

How could he have any charisma.  Only democrats have charisma.

Hillary and Bernie both have so much charisma that I wanna have sex with them both at the same time. I'm not like Hillary's husband who prefers schoolgirls, I like MILF's.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Besides,  Kasich isn't even allowed in the debate.  So if the political party is blocking him from getting any traction,  the only hope is the mainstream media will help him with that.
So far that aint workin out though.  I was just watching The Today Show,  and everything Kasich said yesterday was ignored.  Instead they went into great detail on Trump calling Graham a "loser" and Graham calling Trump a "jackass".  And then Trump announcing what Graham's personal cellphone number is so Trump's followers can tell him he's a loser too.
And then after a lengthy report on that,  they then said "oh by the way,  John Kasich announced his candidacy yesterday but it was overshadowed by Trump".  And that was it.

But of course seaoat and sal and bds will mock me when I keep referring to all this as a wrastlin match which is of course what it is.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum