Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Obama family vacation

+6
Floridatexan
Vikingwoman
RealLindaL
2seaoat
ZVUGKTUBM
Sal
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Obama family vacation Empty The Obama family vacation 7/7/2015, 1:34 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3151338/President-Obama-spend-summer-vacation-Martha-s-Vineyard-renting-12million-retreat-year.html

2The Obama family vacation Empty Re: The Obama family vacation 7/7/2015, 1:43 pm

Sal

Sal

Good for them.

Well deserved.

3The Obama family vacation Empty Re: The Obama family vacation 7/7/2015, 2:38 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I think if I had a choice between a vacation golfing in Martha's Vineyard or cutting brush in Crawford, Texas, I would choose Martha's Vineyard.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

4The Obama family vacation Empty Re: The Obama family vacation 7/9/2015, 8:32 pm

2seaoat

The President and his young family has sacrificed a great deal serving this country.   It is with great deference to his service that I hope his family can find some normalcy.  It is time for that family to enjoy their time together because the girls are becoming young women and will soon enough be off starting their young lives independent of their parents, but always forced into a bubble of service which was not their choosing as secret service will be part of their lives.

5The Obama family vacation Empty Re: The Obama family vacation 7/9/2015, 9:12 pm

RealLindaL

2seaoat wrote:The President and his young family has sacrificed a great deal serving this country.   It is with great deference to his service that I hope his family can find some normalcy.  It is time for that family to enjoy their time together because the girls are becoming young women and will soon enough be off starting their young lives independent of their parents, but always forced into a bubble of service which was not their choosing as secret service will be part of their lives.

Agreed.

6The Obama family vacation Empty Re: The Obama family vacation 7/9/2015, 9:20 pm

2seaoat

Agreed.

See how easy that was.......you did not catch the kooties or get a std.......now if everyone could only have your good sense to agree with me.......

7The Obama family vacation Empty Re: The Obama family vacation 7/10/2015, 12:31 am

RealLindaL

2seaoat wrote:Agreed.

See how easy that was.......you did not catch the kooties or get a std.......now if everyone could only have your good sense to agree with me.......

Has anyone seen my barf bag?

8The Obama family vacation Empty Re: The Obama family vacation 7/10/2015, 2:02 am

Vikingwoman

How obnoxious can you be,Oatie?

9The Obama family vacation Empty Re: The Obama family vacation 7/10/2015, 9:58 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

This "Obama vacation" crapola has been going on since he took office. I swear some people today only eat raw meat.

10The Obama family vacation Empty Re: The Obama family vacation 7/11/2015, 12:33 am

knothead

knothead

I too agree with Linda and Mr. Oats . . . . . . a well deserved break for their family!

11The Obama family vacation Empty Re: The Obama family vacation 7/11/2015, 7:41 am

From a Washington Post article on Presidential Vacation Myths

"Presidents pay for their own and their families’ lodging, food and incidentals while on vacation, which may be why they generally prefer to stay at properties they own, as guests of wealthy friends or at the official presidential retreat at Camp David.

But since presidential vacations are always working vacations, taxpayers cover what it takes to keep the commander in chief working. Lodging and meals are an extra cost, but taxpayers pay the salaries of White House staffers and Secret Service agents whether the president stays in Washington or not, so a presidential vacation does not significantly increase personnel costs.

The biggest additional expense is the use of Air Force One and the support aircraft needed to haul all the equipment and ground transportation the president needs. The Congressional Research Service estimated that the cost of operating Air Force One is nearly $180,000 per hour. Ultimately, a presidential vacation can cost taxpayers an additional $1 million or considerably more than if the president had just stayed put in the White House. How significant this is within a $3.5 trillion federal budget is something voters can decide for themselves."

I love vacations and even in the lean years we found ways to afford and enjoy a small one. Rest and relaxation is a great thing and gives new perspective.

This President, those before and after him, certainly deserve time away.

Which brings to mind how does this compare to a corporate executive taking time away with their families.

Just curious.

12The Obama family vacation Empty Re: The Obama family vacation 7/11/2015, 11:34 am

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2013/08/09/watch-which-u-s-president-took-the-most-vacation-time/

Who holds the record for the most presidential vacation time?

Thursday's episode of In Play, The Washington Post's new political analysis show hosted by Chris Cillizza of The Fix and Jackie Kucinich, revealed the answer: President George W. Bush. During his two terms, Bush took 879 vacation days, which included 77 total trips to his Crawford, Tex., ranch. Nine of those trips were taken in his first year as president.

While Bush holds the record for the longest modern presidential vacation for his five-week recess in 2005 in Crawford, the all-time record holder is John Adams who took eight months off in 1799.

With Congress in recess, President Obama will travel with his family to Cape Cod for his eight-day vacation Saturday. This will be the family's fourth visit to the New England getaway since 2009.

13The Obama family vacation Empty Re: The Obama family vacation 7/11/2015, 5:08 pm

Markle

Markle

Vikingwoman wrote:How obnoxious can you be,Oatie?

At this point 2seaoat is simply filled with hate. His health continues to deteriorate and I'm sure he feels like he got dealt a bad hand and now just takes it out on everyone. Regardless if he is right, wrong or indifferent.

14The Obama family vacation Empty Re: The Obama family vacation 7/11/2015, 6:28 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Markle wrote:

At this point 2seaoat is simply filled with hate.  His health continues to deteriorate and I'm sure he feels like he got dealt a bad hand and now just takes it out on everyone.  Regardless if he is right, wrong or indifferent.

Who are you to judge?

15The Obama family vacation Empty Re: The Obama family vacation 7/11/2015, 6:44 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Floridatexan wrote:
Markle wrote:

At this point 2seaoat is simply filled with hate.  His health continues to deteriorate and I'm sure he feels like he got dealt a bad hand and now just takes it out on everyone.  Regardless if he is right, wrong or indifferent.

Who are you to judge?

On this forum we all leave ourselves open for judgement...seaoat is a constant judge...

16The Obama family vacation Empty Re: The Obama family vacation 7/11/2015, 6:56 pm

2seaoat

At this point 2seaoat is simply filled with hate. His health continues to deteriorate and I'm sure he feels like he got dealt a bad hand and now just takes it out on everyone. Regardless if he is right, wrong or indifferent.

I got dealt a great hand, and have never been happier in my life.  What you see as hate is simply speaking the unfettered truth and unafraid of the same.  You attempt to scare people, bully them with fear and racism, and I dismantle your flimsy knowledge base like I would a pipe cleaner man created by a child.  I can agree with anybody who is truthful, but after spending a life fighting for justice and equality, I have little patience for the lie of racism.  I played poker most of Friday after returning from Northwestern from my monthly shots.  I am getting two shots because I have very good insurance.....others can only get one and they are dying because our health care system has been captured by bottom line greed as for profit corporations make Americans pay double for medicine, or fight inexpensive and non patented pot.

I played a role at the PNJ and here.   It is the DA...as I have always challenged thought and preconception and have always wanted my givens to be challenged.  I have been blessed with an amazing family, friends, and incredible good fortune that my demise will be endocrine cancer which is very slow and has bestowed upon me incredible wisdom.....wisdom which must be earned, and not cut and pasted on to a forum page......Oh....I won $2,500 in a 10/20 game and some Mississippi Stud.....went home played with the wife, dog, and hardly had time yesterday to post......life is incredible, and as I weaken, I have no bitterness or envy about life not lived....I have done it all and experienced more than most, but like any good book or movie, it all comes to an end.

17The Obama family vacation Empty Re: The Obama family vacation 7/11/2015, 7:07 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Yup you played a good game of monopoly but like they say..sooner or later it all goes back in the box.....

18The Obama family vacation Empty Re: The Obama family vacation 7/11/2015, 7:25 pm

2seaoat

Yup you played a good game of monopoly but like they say..sooner or later it all goes back in the box.....

We used to play couples monopoly.  It was hysterical the difference between competitive men and laid back women.  The men were very aggressive buying and trading properties, but my wife used to drive the males in the game crazy.....she would make generous trades with the other females, like giving them broadway for a railroad.....and the males would all squawk about how STUPID the trade was until the females reciprocated.....the women through cooperation and a non competitive stances consistently kicked the butts of the business men who thought like Trump they had the art of the deal mastered.....until they saw what female cooperation could accomplish.

19The Obama family vacation Empty Re: The Obama family vacation 7/11/2015, 10:23 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
Markle wrote:

Who are you to judge?

On this forum we all leave ourselves open for judgement...seaoat is a constant judge...

I'm sorry, but the biggest liar on this forum does not get to cast aspersions at anyone.

20The Obama family vacation Empty Re: The Obama family vacation 7/11/2015, 10:50 pm

Floridatexan wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
Markle wrote:

Who are you to judge?

I'm sorry, but the biggest liar on this forum does not get to cast aspersions at anyone.

Agreed... thank you for your cooperation.

21The Obama family vacation Empty Re: The Obama family vacation 7/11/2015, 11:02 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PkrBum wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
Markle wrote:

Who are you to judge?

It's a long shot she will get it.... Razz

22The Obama family vacation Empty Re: The Obama family vacation 7/11/2015, 11:03 pm

PkrBum wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
Markle wrote:

Who are you to judge?

The Obama family vacation Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT5-e5epBxOhvQENlf6ZTWTIqE2rdRhy73wvaov-V8pmB__IsoH

*****HeeHeeHee*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeHn96mWhnk

Very Happy

23The Obama family vacation Empty Re: The Obama family vacation 7/12/2015, 9:43 am

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
Markle wrote:

Who are you to judge?

It's a long shot she will get it.... Razz

Oh...I get it all right. The right-wing bullies on this forum think they're scoring points by being simultaneously hateful and unbelievably stupid. Allen West is not a member of Congress...all he has is a website devoted to fear, divisiveness and ignorance...and all the obedient dogs lap it up.

24The Obama family vacation Empty Re: The Obama family vacation 7/13/2015, 12:06 am

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Evidently Allen West is one of Semi-sane Markle's political heroes. He must have replaced Herman Cain or Eric Cantor ... LOL

25The Obama family vacation Empty Re: The Obama family vacation 7/13/2015, 2:35 am

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:Evidently Allen West is one of Semi-sane Markle's political heroes.  He must have replaced Herman Cain or Eric Cantor ... LOL

I'm sorry, you've been gone for a while. It looks like the medications are starting to effect your memory, this is a thread on vacations.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum