Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Saw the Orthopaedist today.

+4
Markle
Sal
ZVUGKTUBM
Joanimaroni
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Saw the Orthopaedist today. Empty Saw the Orthopaedist today. 7/7/2015, 12:25 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I told him I was 99% better. Off the crutches, can get up and down without screaming and crying. Still doing therapy 3 x a week.

We discussed how excruciating the pain was for the girst week or so and how horrible the hamstring surgery would have been. Glad we are on the same page!!!

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

We are glad you are getting better, Joanie...... Very Happy

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Sal

Sal

Good news!

Markle

Markle

My thoughts and prayers are with you. Having raced motorcycles for a number of years, I know what it is like not to be in top form.

knothead

knothead

Had no idea you were injured but here is hoping you recover soon joan . . . .

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Thanks guys, I'm on the mend. I put the crutches away and I do pool therapy daily. I can almost touch my knees and I can elevate my leg almost 30 degrees.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Whew I just checked to see if I could touch my knees. I'm good.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Awesome....you have completed my goal!

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Joanimaroni wrote:Awesome....you have completed my goal!

I been retired for two years and you can or be surprised how much flexibility you lose when you live in an electric recliner. My grandson got me a three day pass to a fitness place. Maybe I should use it. ...... Right after I order a pizza.

10Saw the Orthopaedist today. Empty Re: Saw the Orthopaedist today. 7/7/2015, 6:23 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Dammit, my recliner is manual. My left arm is in shape.

11Saw the Orthopaedist today. Empty Re: Saw the Orthopaedist today. 7/7/2015, 6:31 pm

I'm in the worst shape of my life... not weight wise or aerobic... but I'm losing flexibility too and can't seem to gain strength. I saw my dr in june for the 1 year post surgery on my neck. One of the fusions hasn't fused all the way... and may never. So I'm still not allowed to run or of course play tennis... and may not ever be able to he said. I'm not sure I'd be competitive if I could... I'm sore after doing anything that requires strength or stamina. Oh well... guess things could be worse... I'm healthy otherwise. Hang in there joni... getting old ain't for sissies.

12Saw the Orthopaedist today. Empty Re: Saw the Orthopaedist today. 7/7/2015, 6:37 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Joanimaroni wrote:Dammit, my recliner is manual. My left arm is in shape.

I was out walking in the yard today when I saw an angry hornet coming toward me. I turned to run but my legs failed to keep up with my torso. I may need to rethink my retirement plans.

13Saw the Orthopaedist today. Empty Re: Saw the Orthopaedist today. 7/7/2015, 7:35 pm

2seaoat

Go slow....the worse is injuring the hamstring again before it heals.....I found out the hard way rounding first for a certain triple after I had a mild pull two weeks earlier.....it was like I was shot......I couldn't crawl to second or crawl to first....they just walked over and tagged me out.  I thought it was completely healed......stretch.......and go slow.

14Saw the Orthopaedist today. Empty Re: Saw the Orthopaedist today. 7/7/2015, 7:58 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:Go slow....the worse is injuring the hamstring again before it heals.....I found out the hard way rounding first for a certain triple after I had a mild pull two weeks earlier.....it was like I was shot......I couldn't crawl to second or crawl to first....they just walked over and tagged me out.  I thought it was completely healed......stretch.......and go slow.

I can't reinjure what is not there. The hamstring and part the bone pulled off....the proximal hamstring is hanging in the lower 1/3 of my thigh. This is my third hamstring injury....it was a complete tear.

15Saw the Orthopaedist today. Empty Re: Saw the Orthopaedist today. 7/8/2015, 12:31 am

RealLindaL

knothead wrote:Had no idea you were injured but here is hoping you recover soon joan . . . .  

What knot said!!!   All the best for the best possible recovery, Joani.

16Saw the Orthopaedist today. Empty Re: Saw the Orthopaedist today. 7/9/2015, 12:11 am

Saw the Orthopaedist today. Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS-P_HoBq1EAEsq5MnkmUjL6p71kx1FL0CMXrfz03n9KVAAa7Sx

Happy for you Joani.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAkSIwaUaNc

Smile

17Saw the Orthopaedist today. Empty Re: Saw the Orthopaedist today. 7/9/2015, 6:40 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum